“Wish you could give 6 circles” 5 of 5 stars

Special Price
Last Minute - 25% Off
Ranked #5 of 6 Hotels in Woodstock
Newton, Massachusetts
“Wish you could give 6 circles”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2013

Have the best time here this past weekend. My girlfriend and I visited and not only is Woodstock a great place to get away from the hustle and bustle of city life, but also it is a great place to go enjoy the natural wonders like the Quechee Gorges that are a 15 minute drive from the Inn.

When we got there, we first were told that our room was changed without any prior notice. However, when we explained that we appreciate them trying to accommodate us (the room we chose was cold and had not been heated prior to our arrival), they ended up giving us the same room as we'd hoped for #17. This Room is the only place we've stayed in the place, so my experience is limited, however, it was the most beautiful room I've stayed in, in a while. We had a fireplace, two rooms, one for the bed and one for the couch and t.v. What's more is that their breakfast was top-notch: house-made sausage, maple-spiced greek yogurt, and quiche with spinach and caramelized onions

Food in Vermont is usually more natural than many other places that I've been, especially the meat, but I never expected such a nice selection of burgers, gnocchi, ravioli, squash soup, pork chops, and salmon at such a high quality of taste and affordable price. We noticed that there are few younger (20's to about 35 year-old) people that stay at the property and Woodstock in general but we found this to be a great place for us. Call us old souls but being able to have peace, quiet, great hiking and skiing possibilities and top notch draft, local beer and local food was the best way to truly vacation from the normal day to day that we have here in Boston.

If I could make any suggestions to them is to continue to promote such great Special Offers as the one they had was the best deal we found around. Truly a great value and we plan on potentially returning in the Summer!

Thank you for such a great stay and such wonderful attention to every aspect of our stay!

I will recommend to anyone and everyone I know.

Room Tip: Sorry, there is no pool I was just so excited to give a raving review for such a raving experience!
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (64)
Boston, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2013

I was so pleased with my stay at KVI, I am hoping to go back sometime soon! It is a great place for people who like to explore nature and do fun activities that don't include bar hopping. The inn is in a great location, only 10 minutes to Woodstock and about 20 minutes to the Queechee gorge. There's a lot of great things to see there for a week or a weekend. The staff is very accommodating and you definatley feel like it's a home away from home.

When we got there, the inn keeper told us that our room had been changed to the tavern building next to the inn. We had done a lot of research before hand and found that a lot of people prefered the rooms in the main inn so we were a little concerned. We ended up getting to see both of the rooms and we decided that we liked our original room better-it was huge! It was also more cozy than the newly renovated one. We had a woodburning fireplace, 2 sink bath, a king bed, couch, and decent closet. We ate dinner a couple of times at the resturant inn and had a great time. My boyfriend got their burger both times and I quote, "this makes me never want to have a burger in MA again." One thing I really appriciate about this area is that just about every location uses fresh, local produce and meat. The breakfast buffet at KVI was absolutley delicious. They had sausage that they ground themselves and the quiche was melt in your mouth good. My absolute favorite was their maple greek yogurt-you cannot go wrong. The breakfast chef greeted you every morning and the tables were always nicely set and clean.

We ventured into Woodstock which is a quaint little town with a lot of shops, a few resturants and a couple bars (Bentleys is the local hang out but it is currently closed and undergoing rennovations). We were able to grab some local wine and cheese from a shop in town and most of the townspeople were very welcoming by giving us some things to do in the area when we asked. On Saturday, we went to the Queechee gorges and it was so, so beautiful! It is a must see. Because Bentley's was closed, we decided to check out the bar at the Woodstock Inn. The atmosphere was cozy and social but not too loud and the bartender was very attentive. The food was amazing and they had a good selection of beers on tap, we were very pleased! On Sunday, we traveled about 45 minutes to get to Pico mountain to ski and we had a great day.

Overall, KVI is the type of place where you are greeted professionally by the staff and at the same time can chat with them about anything. I really don't have anything negative to say-the room mix up was a little bit of a hassel and if it did not turn out so smoothly then that probably would have made me give KVI one less star. Otherwise, it was just a pleasure being there and it will not be our last time!

Room Tip: If you like something more modern, get a room in the tavern building right next to the main inn. Ot...
New Providence, New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2013

My husband and I spent two nights in a Lodge Deluxe room last month and thoroughly enjoyed it from check-in to check-out. The staff were friendly and helpful, warm and welcoming. The room was very quiet, comfortable and homey; it felt like we were staying in someone's guest house as opposed to a hotel. It would have been nice to have a bench or chairs near the upstairs fireplace, but lying in bed by the fire wasn't a terrible option either. The location was great; close enough to town but a little bit off the beaten path to add to the quaintness factor. We ate breakfast in the restaurant both mornings and were blown away by the quality and care that is put into the dishes. The breakfast chef, whose name I neglected to get, was fantastic; she was very passionate about her cooking and she was also very friendly and accommodating. Dinner at the restaurant was equally delicious and our server fantastic. A great little gem for anyone who wants a quiet weekend nestled in the mountains.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Coventry, Connecticut
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2013

This inn was just what we were looking for. It is historic, yet updated, and our room was beautiful. My boyfriend and I booked the Getaway Package, which is a great value. We booked the classic room, but we were upgraded for free upon check-in and were able to stay in a beautiful room with a king sized sleigh bed and a fireplace (that we enjoyed using both nights!). The staff at Kedron Valley Inn are all wonderful - I have never written a review of a place before but I have never experienced better customer service anywhere so I wanted to share our experience. From checking in, to dining, to refilling the firewood in our room daily, everyone was always so nice and always offering to help.

Breakfast was cooked fresh daily and provided an assortment of french toast/pancakes (with delicious maple syrup!), eggs, frittata, bacon, toast, and cereal. Dinner was also great - I had a salad with an apple cider vinaigrette and my boyfriend had the Casear salad - both were delicious. We also had the macaroni and cheese (which is made with cheddar and gouda cheese) and there were great options for dessert. My only comment would be that I wish the menu was more expansive, as there are only a few options. However, everything that we had was great!

I definitely hope to return to Kedron Valley!

Room Tip: We stayed in room 18, which was wonderful. It is in the building next to the main one and we had a s...
Scotland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2013

My fiance and I stayed here during our road trip around New England. We stayed at the kedron valley inn as it was on our route through vermont. We definitely found a gem of a B&B tucked away in the heart of vermont.

We arrived at the B&B in the evening just as it was getting dark and were welcomed by a lovely receptionist. She showed us to our room which was lovely, small and compact with a big high bed and a modern bathroom. It seemed to be on a slight slope but this just added to the charm of it. We had eaten already so didn't eat in the restaurant but the menu did look good. We instead sat at the bar and watched the football whilst being talked through it by a couple next to us (we're from the UK so don't completely understand the NFL but are learning).

Breakfast was absolutely amazing with pancakes, bacon, eggs, cereal etc in a buffet style - the chef kept popping into the breakfast room and she was lovely. As we had arrived in the dark, we hadn't seen the B&B from outside, it was a beautfully sunny morning and the building looked great, with lots of pumpkins outside. We passed through woodstock on our way up the road, it was quiet and quaint.

We would definitely recommend the Kedron Valley Inn to anyone and will definitely stay here again if we are ever around the area.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Kaiserslautern, Rheinland-Pfalz, Germany
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2013

My girlfriend and I initially reserved one night in the Lodge Deluxe room and ended up loving the staff and the room so much we decided to stay another night. The staff were warm and incredibly friendly and helpful. The room itself came with a fireplace with staff refilling the wood daily. The bed was a comfortable king and the furnishings were perfectly quaint and country. We would love to stay here again.

Seaford, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2013

Wonderful stay! We were room 37, the log cabin for two nights during Feb. 2013. Initially our Daughter was supposed to come with us, but stayed home. They changed our room with no problem to a better room. I loved the fireplace, the firewood, the warmth, it was clean and quiet. I love everything about it. It was also spacious and I believe this room could accomodate a dog.
The Inn ( main house) is quaint and historic and does serve dinner at night. We were there the first night and I had mac and cheese and my husband the burger. The food was mediocre, My mac and cheese was nothing special which lacked hardly any cheese and flavor. I only ate half and did not enjoy it. My Husband's burger was fine for what it was. If you are hungry just stick with a burger or a salad.

Breakfast which was included with the nightly stay was awesome. The Breakfast chef was cheery, happy and accommodating. I told her about my nut allergy and she totally made me a stack of pancakes since I couldn't eat the oatmeal. Her food was great one morning we had a quiche of eggs, broccoli and cheese, with wonderful orange blueberry muffins. It just didn't get better then this...Cheers to her !! She is a awesome addition to the staff at the inn.

The main staff was also extremely nice and made us feel at home. The only downside is no cell service but there is free wifi and a phone in the main house. We ended up using google voice app and did VOIP calling to our families.
Again worth it and you can't get any better then this place!!

Room Tip: Loved our room #37 in the log cabin area
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Kedron Valley Inn? Share your experiences!