Its a simple hotel with a good location for nice walks into town, However the staff is not nice or helpful or willing to inform guests of things to do and places to dine. TAKE NOTICE the hotel is on a truck route so ALL night long no matter where your room is front or back, you will hear and feel giant trucks going thru town and there are hundreds.
The town is beautiful and next time we go we will spend a bit more and stay at the WOODSTOCK INN for a true Vermont experience. I was wanred by Ellen at NYCMOVE.com to not stay at the SHIRE. It could be a cute place and the price is right but the staff and the truck traffic just ruined it for us.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Each of our 42 rooms is uniquely furnished in traditional New England style and many of them have a beautiful view of the Ottauquechee River which flows behind the property. Hospitality is our priority and we want you to feel at home here at The Shire Woodstock. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity and Booking.com so you can book your The Shire Woodstock reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Shire Riverview Hotel Woodstock
- Shire Riverview Woodstock