“WHAT A GREAT PLACE TO CELEBRATE YOUR BIRTHDAY” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #3 of 26 Restaurants in Woodstock
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: American, Latin, Fusion, Tapas
Good for: Romantic, Entertaining clients, Families with children, Doing business, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Description: Our goal is to provide you and your guest with a casual fine dining experience where classic New England cuisine meets with subtle tropical flavors. !Let Melaza be your Place for Dining.....Enjoy Melaza's relaxed and refined atmosphere featuring outdoor seating on the front patio and back terrace. (Weather permitting). We offer Gluten Free, Tapas and Diner options.
New York City, New York
“WHAT A GREAT PLACE TO CELEBRATE YOUR BIRTHDAY”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2012

My Family and I went to Melaza to Celebrate my birthday, from the minute we walk in the place look very clean and beautiful, I am a believer of first impression, that was the beginning of a great start , The staff was very professional and helpful to accommodate all our needs, they brought us to the second level of the restaurant, Wow.. the decor & the garden candles display, music playing on the background it make me feel I was somewhere else but in a restaurant, I can keep writing about this place on and on, I will go back again with family and friends. (drinks, food, and services staff, Fantastic!)

• Visited April 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Reading, Vermont
“The Greatest Caribean Food of all time!! and amazing service!!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2012

When we first came into Melaza our hostest was very nice and curteous she kindly introduced us to our waitress, she told us the drink specials i myself not a drinker but my friends order the pomegrante martini then we started by ordering the tapas sampler, it was great. For our entrees I ordered skirt steak with chimichurri sauce and yumm it was cooked perfectly, one of my friends order the diner special, the Halibut and it was deliciuos. We had a great evening and I strongly recomend this place.
I am estatic to go back :)

• 5 of 5 stars Food
Methuen, Massachusetts
“A little too upscale for me”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2012

My boyfriend and I visited this restaurant on our first night in Woodstock and I have to say, the food was good but quite frankly the place is over priced. I wasn't really impressed with anything that we ordered, everything was tasty but not over the top delicious. I grew up in Puerto Rico so I am accustomed to delicious food and in much larger portions than what this restaurant offers... I wouldn't exactly call their menu authentic either. I gave it four stars for the overall taste of the food, and also because I loved the wall paintings and overall atmosphere.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Hanover, New Hampshire
“Watered Drinks -- Too Much Salt”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2012

This is my second review ... and a needed corrective to my first. Visited again, maybe an off nite, but go two drinks mostly ice and bottled sugary drink mix, little alcohol. Many menu items we ordered were way too salty, light on the expensive ingredient, heavy on the filler. Not recommended.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Hanover, New Hampshire
“Nice Atmosphere, Creative Menu, Pricy for What It Offers”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 29, 2012

Very nice to have this new carribean menu concept in the Upper Valley (VT+NH along the CT River). Food ingredients were fresh, portions generous, menu items creative, a bit on the pricy side for what is offered.

• Visited January 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Been to Melaza Bistro? Share your experiences!

If you own or manage Melaza Bistro, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.