“BYOB Dinner” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Amherst, Massachusetts
“BYOB Dinner”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2014

Really great food and friendly waitstaff! Affordable, especially since you could bring your own drinks

Visited January 2014

80% Recommend
Woodstock, Vermont
“Good take out”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2014

We order from Angkor Wat a few times a year and always enjoy the meal. A complete menu and the service has always been timely and competent.

Visited November 2013
Boston, Massachusetts
“Super friendly owners and great food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2013

The chef came out and asked us EXACTLY how we wanted our (hot, etc). Very personable service and great food!

Visited November 2013
South Pomfret, VT
“An ethnic jem - great for vegetarians”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2013

I've been here several times since moving to the area a year and a half ago. Yes, it's not strictly Cambodian, more of a fusion of different asian cuisines and maybe not as good as you'd get in a big city, but I was delighted to find this place in the middle of VT. It is by far the best asian restaurant for miles in every direction. Everything I've had (I'm a vegetarian) has been tasty and my family loves going here (meat eaters). The chef is friendly and is willing to speak with customers if it's not too busy. He's really trying hard to make a go of it in an ethnically-challenged state.

• Visited May 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Portland, Oregon
“Good experience and prices”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2013

The restaurant is BYOB, which some people have complained about, but many other people enjoy. I think many complaints about the atmosphere arise because the restaurant contrasts with the fancier options in the surrounding area, and maybe diners judge Angkor Wat Restaurant too harshly because they ate at a white linen, candlelit affair the evening before. If you want farmhouse ambiance, this is not your place, but you probably shouldn't expect that at this price point.

The menu had quite a few interesting options, although I was sad to not see dishes I had during my time in Cambodia. I had the duck with noodles, which was nothing like I expected, but quite good. It had a very mellow, sweetish sauce, while I was expected a bigger punch. My boyfriend had a soup that was very complex, but I didn't think the texture of the noodles was excellent, only average. My portion wasn't huge, it is one of the only two times in my life I didn't have leftovers, but it was 13 dollars for a duck dish... so I wouldn't complain.

Bottom line, good food at a good price, the rest is trivial. It is definitely a place you should stop if you are in the area and like Thai food.

• Visited September 2013