“Nice Place with a few hitches” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Colina Del Paraiso

You added Colina Del Paraiso to your Saves list
Colina Del Paraiso
4.0 of 5 Condominium   |   Carretera Cadiz, km 166 | Urb. El Paraiso Alto, C/ Pinsapo, 29679 Benahavis, Spain   |
Leeds
“Nice Place with a few hitches”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2013

Well.. After reading the revues I thought I can not go wrong at this place….
Wrong…
The apartment was amazing, all set out great and very spacious, everything that you could want… along with “Silver Fish”..
When we arrived we had to clean the floor as it had not been done before as there was sand all over, the Jacuzzi’s (there was 2, one in each bath) did not work, the plug fuse kept blowing when we put kettle on, the air con was hard to work out and when we did work it out we could only get it “cool” not cold enough to combat the heat.. When the cleaners came to clean room (once a week) they did not sweep floors or empty rubbish bin.. All they did was replace the toilet roll and replace towels, but they did not leave bath towels, just hand towels.. I called reception and asked for them, but after 2 days and 2 calls they never did materialise..
They have a noise curfew which is a good thing, well would have been had it been adhered to as the noise from the only restaurant that was on the site was horrendous one night and it went on for well over 3 hours..
The location of the estate is very isolated and you WILL need a car if you want to go to a beach or as a matter of fact anywhere requires a car.

Would I recommend this place.. Yes I would despite what I have put above, the rooms (once cleaned) were amazing, very spacious and very luxurious, there is all you need to have a holiday if you are someone who enjoys sitting on balcony to sunbathe and of an evening enjoys watching TV..
The kitchen is fully equipped with Microwave, dishwasher, fridge and freezer along with a washing machine, there was also 2 dishwasher tablets provided as well.
The TV has sufficient English channels to keep you occupied including some English terrestrial channels.

The thing you need to be aware of is that if you book through a third party no one tells you they require a 200 euro deposit and if you don’t have the cash they take it from your card and refund it at the end if all is ok, but this would incur you 2 lots of exchange rates on your card..

I did complain to reception when I handed my key back and I was given a scratch card as an apology and told.. If I got 3 matching figures then I would be granted that amount as a discount from my next visit.. Strange way of offering a discount I thought.. I did not do the card until I got back to UK and when I did scratch the card and it showed 100 euro that I can claim if I book with them direct.. That is not going to happen, but if anyone want to buy it for £25 let me know it is valid for 2013/2014…
All the above being said… it is a lovely place to be if you want to stay on site and chill.. There are swimming pools and kids areas..

Suggestion to anyone going here..
Use the A7 NOT the AP7 as the AP7 is a toll road and cost 4 ½ euro to go through it and they run practically side by side so you gain nothing by using the AP7.

Call at a supermarket before you get there and get some supplies as the one at bottom of the road where you turn in was closed when we got there and there are very few turning areas to swop from one side of road to other, it took me over 8 miles to turn and go back to find a supermarket when I went..
If this place had more amenities it would be a fantastic place to be.. so if the management read this.. get some more shops on site, get a local Café/Bar on site and a little shop with other things would not go amiss…

Room Tip: I Doubt you could select a bad room at this place, you will need a car and there is only one place t...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
ColinadelParaiso123, Manager at Colina Del Paraiso, responded to this review, October 17, 2013
Dear PeterBat,
Thank you for posting this thorough review. I am very happy that you enjoyed your stay despite the few issues that you experienced.
Firstly, let me assure you that cleanliness is our top priority at Colina Del Paraiso. All jacuzzis are cleaned prior to arrival and floors are swept and washed. Perhaps your apartment was not used for a while and needed a refresh.
Having said this, our procdures did not ensure that the standards we set were met on this occasion. I will address this matter with our management team immediately.
The "horrendous noise" from the restaurant one night I can only assume was a party night. Noise does travel, particularly in the hills but restaurant music does not go beyond midnight.
As is standard with any hotel, we do require a security deposit.
Just a word of warning regarding your suggestion regarding the AP7 versus the A7. During the Summer months the A7 can become extremely conjested so it is really a choice between time and money.
I welcome your other suggestions and we will review these. We do have an 'essentials' mini-market on site but perhaps we could add to this selection. Our pool snack bar is open from June to September.
We hope to see you again in the future.
Yours sincerely,
Paul O'Neill
Chief Executive
Colina Del Paraiso

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (51)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2013

Had a really amazing time at the cortina del paraiso. The staff was superb and help out when needed. The food in the club house was superb and all the facility's on the complex we're amazing. The town house were nice and big and accommodated three couples happily .

Room Tip: Town houses for family due to good facility's.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Birmingham, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2013 via mobile

We stayed in one of the townhouses which was very comfortable and spacious. The provisions at the house when we arrived were thoughtful and comprehensive. You do need a car but being able to relax on the lower terrace as soon as you arrive is excellent. The roof terrace and the hot tub were great, we didn't book the weather but it arrived on cue. The views were fantastic and the storm over Africa was suitably dramatic. The gym was clean and suited my limkited needs. Reception arranged a very nice game of golf for me and were on hand for anything we needed. The local supermarket was good value and well stocked with good quality provisions. Estepona is a lovely town within easy reach and very convenient parking. We enjoyed a very tasty curry at Mini India which is in the Diana Centre on the A7. We thoroughly enjoyed the Amazon Adventure at Elvira and Aqualand at Torromelinos - look out for vouchers!

• Stayed September 2013
ColinadelParaiso123, Manager at Colina Del Paraiso, responded to this review, October 1, 2013
Dear Andy P,
Thank you for your recent review.
We try to provide a comfortable and friendly service. I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay at our resort and the all that the Costa Del Sol has to offer.
Hope to see you again in the near future.
Warm Regards,
Paul O'Neill
Chief Executive
Colina el Paraiso
Scunthorpe
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2013

My wife and I stayed from 8th September for a week and this hotel was outstanding. We had a late flight in to Malaga so arranged a hire car from the airport to the hotel (yes, you do need to get a hire car as it's a bit off the beaten track). Even at night the hotel was relatively easy to find, just follow the little yellow signs as you begin to get closer to it.

When we arrived check-in was seamless, and we made our way to our apartment. We'd booked a 2 bedroom apartment as there were no one-beds available, however when we got there it turned out we'd been given a 3 bed! And it was a stunning apartment! 3 bedrooms, 3 bathrooms (the onsuite to the master bedroom was huge), fully equipped kitchen, utility room, spacious living room and to top it all off, a balcony that was longer than a bowling lane! Incredible. And the quality of finish was really good, it was like a luxury apartment, definitely the best we've ever stayed in, and we've stayed in a good few places in Costa del Sol including the Club La Costa apartments. The view down towards the sea was great too!

The only downside to the apartment was that the air con unit was right outside the window to the master bedroom, and it was pretty loud so sadly we didn't sleep too well throughout the week.

There are 3 swimming pools, a nice restaurant at the top of the hill with amazing views and Sky Sports (so we were able to watch Everton v Chelsea) and several tennis courts, all in excellent condition. It wasn't busy at all when we were there (half the apartments seemed to be unoccupied), so it was really peaceful.

There is a great supermarket just a mile away near the coast just off the main road, and the best find of all was Pepe's beach, a beautiful beach just over the road from the supermarket. It was so peaceful with two nice restaurants next to it.

We got an amazing deal through yourholidays.com (via teletext holidays) so total cost for whole holiday (flights from Gatwick, accommodation and hire car through Hertz) was £300 each, bargain!

All being well we plan to make a return trip very soon!

Room Tip: Make sure the air con unit isn't right outside the master bedroom!
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2013

This was the first time my wife and I have taken our (elderly) father on holiday, along with her brother and girlfriend, but thankfully we had little to worry about, the staff were courteous, helpful and friendly, I even got to practise my appalling Spanish! Which they endured with good humour. Overall a first class destination and one we shall be returning too.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Truro, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2013

Stayed last week August/first week September. We had a late flight in so arranged a private transfer from the airport as we were a party of 6 with shed loads of luggage including golf clubs and a granny. Our driver wasn't sure of the location but my hubby had done his homework and directed him straight there (so much easier from the passenger seat). We arrived at 1am local time and check in was quick and easy while the driver dropped the rest of our party and luggage to Block 3 at the other end of the complex. I bought milk and sliced bread from the mini-market (a cupboard behind reception) where they have essentials ideal for late arrivals like us plus single use BBQs and other handy items. I bought freshly baked baguettes and ice from the restaurant in the morning. There is a small library in the corner of the restaurant with pre-owned books.On entering our penthouse there was a welcome bottle of bubbly and tea/coffee etc and shampoo and shower gel enough for those travelling light until your first supermarket trip. We found the local Mercadona had everything we needed from plenty of fresh fish to contact lens solution but the hours varied from those advertised, presumably as it was end of main season. We prebooked a hire car from Avis in Puerto Banus (taxi 20 euros including tip). We were glad we HAD prebooked as, listening to a drop in, we got a much better rate, especially on the insurance. Our car was almost new, clean and the pick up was quick and easy.
We did not sit around the main pools as we had a penthouse and enjoyed the privacy of our own pool. However we would go down when they were quiet then return to our top terrace, sizzling hot but cleverly built with several areas of shade - ideal for watching the sad little man who would rush out in the morning to lay his family's towels on loungers (while we hummed the Benny Hill chase tune).
When we did visit the main pools my mum wore a thin cover up over her costume, as she is post surgery, and she was never challenged.
We went to the BBQ night and there were various meats, all very tasty, with the offer of more if we wanted, served with salad and chips. All the meals we ate in the restaurant were lovely and the service always efficient and friendly.
On our last day we asked for a late check out and it was no problem and no charge. When there was a mix up with our return transfer we asked at reception, very late for the next morning, if they could sort something out for us. The man on reception was so helpful, got it arranged and let us know straight away - transfers for a party of 6 plus luggage and golf clubs to Malaga airport was 130 euros.

Overall it was a fantastic holiday for our whole group, the staff were without exception friendly and helpful, easy access to Puerto Banus and views from penthouse absolutely gorgeous.

We would definitely recommend Colina del Paraiso to our friends and family

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Bucks
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2013

We have just spent a week in a penthouse in the third week of September.
Check in was quick, staff helpful and spoke English . We booked it just because it had a private roof top pool and were not disappointed at all. The penthouse had three bedrooms (a double and two twins)' three bathrooms , two were ensuite inc four showers. The shower was wonderful tons of hot water at all times of the day.
The kitchen was very well equipped, the crockery was plentiful and in good condition, all I would say is if you are taking children or are accident prone then it would be worth taking or buying a very cheap picnic set so that you could eat outside without fear of braking something.
The penthouse had six beds on the rooftop and plenty of chairs both on the rooftop and the living room balcony so that you could choose where to eat.
Another reviewer complained about the temp of the pool all I say is it was wonderful and absolutely perfect when it was 33degrees outside.
I would think that the complex was only about 25% occupied at this time of year. It was very quiet all days except for the usual pool noise with little children in the mid afternoon. The mornings and evenings were wonderfully quiet. We had wonderful, views over the mountain and down to the sea from our balcony and roof top.
We only ate in their restaurant on one evening but it was lovely, good service and beautifully cooked steak. I would think in the height of the season it might be very busy but for us it was easy to get a table.
The location is lovely and quiet but a car is an essential, there is an excellent supermarket at the bottom of the hill at the A7 entrance but you definitely need a car to get around. They have a small supply of essentials at reception but for any length of stay the supermarket is a must.
It takes about 50 mins to drive from Malaga airport.
We had a very unexpected welcome pack when we arrived, bacon,eggs, bread, cheese, ham, milk, juice, cava, jar of coffee and box of tea, jar of marmalade and crisps. It was so appreciated after the journey arriving hungry and thirsty. Don't know if it is for all apartments or just the penthouses but some of it lasted us all week.
There are tennis courts and gym and outside cinema, possibly not all year, a library in the restaurant bar if you run out of holiday reading !!. There is a playground for children but everything was empty at this time of year. Perfect.
We did not use the main pools at all but from looking at them they never seemed to busy, one reviewer said that they could not swim quiet lengths in them, I would say look at the website, it is a holiday complex not an Olympic training pool. Silly expectations when you go in the school holidays.
We would not hesitate to go back out of season, I think in the main holiday season/school holidays it would be very popular and busy but for us at is time of year it was perfect to read, sleep, swim and enjoy the weather.

Room Tip: If you want a pool for your own privacy, not to share beds at the pool and want peace and quiet you...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Colina Del Paraiso? Share your experiences!