“Lovely!” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Reservations, Late Night
Dining options: Reservations, Late Night
“Lovely!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2012

Good food and wine, nice view, excellent service and reasonably priced. A lovely lunch venue.

Visited June 2012

Manchester, United Kingdom
“Fabulous restaurant with a stunning backdrop”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2012

What a fabulous evening in every way spent at this restaurant! We were a party of 8 and the first to be seated at a round table on the terrace - a wonderful view of the mountains was enjoyed by all of us! Food was delicious. A few of us ordered the pork which is a house speciality and it was truly divine. As was the suckling pig. But the best thing about this restaurant was the service. Our main waiter was a young man (25 he told us) who is actually the grandson of the original owner. He was attentive, chatty, funny and truly an asset to the establishment. We think his name was Ubaldo. Needless to say we left him a handsome tip which was thoroughly deserved!! He really made our night one to remember and is good looking and charming to boot! Complimentary liqours and mini magnums at the end were willingly consumed! Oh yes, and the chocolate brownie isn't on the menu but Ubaldo told us it was his favourite, we understood why after one mouthful!

• Visited June 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Gibraltar
“Good food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2012

Good food, great location especially on the terrace on a nice day. Service is good, people are friendly. Nice selection of dishes

Visited May 2012
Malmö
“Friendly service but disappointing food”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2012

I was here 20 years ago having solomillo à brasa which I still remember. I was very excited to come back but this time my solomillo was way overdone. I regret that I didn't send it back. The service was very friendly so I hope they were just having a bad day in the kitchen.

• Visited June 2011
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Marbella, Spain
“Straight forward old fashioned Spanish country a classic ...”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2011

It was 20 years since our last visit to El Sarten- the menu is practiclly the same:. It is a very safe menu roast shoulder of lamb was yummy .I can't say the same for my wifes partridge . Get the lamb and spicy shrimp al pil pil .Rabbit was so so. Steak was fatty but tasty. Stick with the lamb and you will leave very satisfied. Desert was bananas swimming in a liquer liquid , but it was delicious. Service on Sunday was friendly and bustling. I would go back if I was looking for country style Spanish.

• Visited November 2011