“beautiful unique place, good local food” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 14 restaurants in Bar
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Bucharest, Romania
“beautiful unique place, good local food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2012

i had here a great lunch in one of the most special restaurants i've been in this vacantion in montenegro. you will see from the entrance this place is decorated different from other restaurants you have tried, has a great atmosphere, very relaxing and comfortable.

the service was good, the lady that welcomed us was very nice and she also explained us some dishes from the menu. the food itself was very good, tasteful and as we wanted, something local.

although the prices were ok i have to say that for the 30E "kaldrma" menu for 2 the portions were a little bit too small, i mean you eat half of every dish and we had tomato and cucumber salad with 50g goat cheese, 3 vegeterian entrees- eggplant with tomato salad, rice with grape leaves and eggplant with garlic, and a portion of lamb, like 250g (if you are hungry this will be a light meal:d) so as an advice take separate dishes as for 15E there are a lot to choose from. also good sweets (again small portion) and coffee. no alchool here but no problem for me. so service and place 5 stars, food 5 stars but for 15E i wanted a little more in my plate

• Visited August 2012

97% Recommend
Bucharest, Romania
“This is the place where memories are born”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2012

I've recently returned to Romania after a few days in Monte Negro so my impression is still fresh and ,might I add , I'm very delighted to speak about this restaurant. It was before seeing the ruins of the citadel when me and a couple of friends first set our eyes on a beautiful terrace, a simple but tasteful arrangement of colors, vegetation, wood and rock.
After trying to peak at the menu this short but friendly boy jumps out of nowhere and starts inviting us in perfect English to have a seat, outside or inside and to try the fresh, local food they served there. As we had not been up to see the ruins yet we had to gently decline his invitation but promised we would be back. Honestly even though the visiting was really exciting, the guidebook doesnt do the ruins justice , I kept thinking about the boy and the cosy restaurant and I kept hoping they wouldn't close until we came back.
Luckily it was still open , the energetic boy was still there and we got to take a look at the menu. He explained what everything was, how it's cooked, he recommended a lovely desert and natural herbal tea, handpicked by local women from the mountains. He absolutely blew me away, his dedication, his politeness, the petite frame for 13yo,his passion for helping his parents and their local business. We figured they were muslims since they didn't have pork nor alcohol on the menu so keep that in mind when ordering. I thought the prices were pretty western for the region, so a bit high for us in Eastern Europe's Romania, but for sure affordable for the French people next to us, jk.
I got to see the owner as we left, the father of the wonderful kid and seeing how simple and modest he looked surprised me and made me 'forget about wanting to praise his son. He just said that if we liked it there " go into TripAdvisor" and wholeheartedly i have. To me it felt like the place where one might ask someone to marry them,where memories are made.

• Visited August 2012
Podgorica
“Do not miss out!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2012

In a time of "industrial" restaurant we found an oasis of culinary delights and warm! What is usually not healthy tasty, but here that combination is possible! In addition to the unusual menu, courtesy and a smile of hosts fulfilled by the experience ... Warmly recommended for those who like "different"!

• Visited April 2012
Plav, null, Montenegro
“good fish”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2012

we visit several restaurants but in scadar lace fish is something
weary rare

Visited July 2011
Łódź
“An ideal place for a meal and rest”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2011

Great traditional food, very friendly and professional staff. If ever there was Emil, it will be a great pity. The restaurant worth recommending.

• Visited September 2011