This hotel deserves to be the last of the list of hotels in Bacau for a loooooong, long time. Because unless they proceed to an immediate refurbishment, it is very unlikely that people keep on staying here even if all other hotels in the city close down. I came to Moldova hotel invited by a local institution: they booked it for me so I was afraid expecting something really bad after reading the comments. Unfortunately, all negative comments I had read were right.
The room was outdated and in a very poor condition, the carpet was dirty and smelled like hell. The common areas were unfriendly, the service poor and ther breakfast was made with products of the lowest possible quality (in a country and in a season where milk, fruits, and many other products are cheap and excellent quality).
- Tacky decoration.
- Inner doors that need to be replaced,
- Shower without curtain so all the bathroom was wet after taking a shower
- Rusty shower tray
- Noisy room
- Very small TV of unknown brand and unbelievably poor image quality (from Ceaucescu times perhaps?)
- Staff not speaking English and, especially in the restaurant for breakfast, rude.
- Parking area full of dodgy people
- Poor quality bed, including the worst pillow I have ever slept on
Not so bad:
- Located in the city center (but in a strange, clapped-out and unpaved roundabout)
- View from room
- Lots of channels on TV
- Free car park in front of the hotel
If this is your only alternative, and you are traveling on your own (please don't take your family here under any circumstances) you could stay for a night and run away as fast as you can, but it is certainly not a place I would go back to. In any case, see it for yourself and have a look at the photos.
This review is the subjective opinion of a TripAdvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.