“Room ok. Details lacking.” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Wyndham Garden Manassas

Save Saved
You added Wyndham Garden Manassas to your Saves list
Wyndham Garden Manassas
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   10800 Vandor Lane, Manassas, VA 20109 (Formerly La Quinta Inn & Suites)   |
Hotel deals
Special Price
Plan Ahead, Save 25%
Ranked #13 of 19 hotels in Manassas
Falling Waters, West Virginia
“Room ok. Details lacking.”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

I booked the room about 5 months in advance, so the day of check in, I called ahead to confirm our reservation. They told me that I had 2 rooms reserved. I told them that I only booked 1, and only paid for 1. They told me that I had to have Getaroom.com call them, or I would be charged for 2 rooms. I called Getaroom.com, who confirmed that I only had 1 room reserved, and they took care of it. We checked in without any issues. The front desk clerk was nice. The hotel was fine. There was a wedding going on, but no problems. Got to the room, and the room was fine. Very clean, the bed was comfortable, and it was quiet. Very good bargain for the money. We went out, and when we got back, there was a card for breakfast, to leave on your door. We filled it out, assigned the time for service between 8:30am and 9:00am, and hung it on the door. We slept ok. The air conditioner cut on and off throughout the night (through the wall type). Woke up at 8:30 expecting breakfast and coffee soon after. 9:00 came, then 9:45am, and still no breakfast. I called the room service number and no answer. I called guest services, and they transferred me to room service. They picked up immediately. I asked about breakfast, and they wanted my credit card number. I told them that I left it at the front desk for incidentals, and they told me that they could not use that one for room service. They hung up. I went to the front desk. Told the clerk my story. She was polite and tried to call room service, but she got no answer as well. She had me fill out a new card for breakfast. I thanked her and went back to the room. 45 minutes went by, and still no breakfast. I started walking to the front desk again, and ran into the cart on the first floor. I asked if she was going to my room, and she said "yes." She brought the food in, and I asked her if she would like me to pay her for it, cash. She said "no," and left. I figured they comped it for being over 2 hrs late. I sat down to eat and the phone rang. It was room service asking me why I didn't pay for breakfast? I told her that I offered. She wanted to know how much I was paying so she could send the girl back with change. Tried to eat again, and there is the knock at the door. I paid the girl, who was very polite. We had no salt, pepper, or sugar with our meal/coffee. I asked her if she had any. She said "no." I thanked her and tipped. She knocked again a few minuted later, and brought back the condiments. I finally got to eat. Food was barely warm. We got our stuff together and checked out.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple

66 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Knoxville, Tennessee
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

We only stayed at this hotel for a night, but out of all of the hotels in the Northern Va area, this is probably the worst one I've stayed at. Although the front desk attendant was friendly, the rooms were very small, outdated, and somewhat unclean. The bathroom in the room we stayed in was very outdated as well, the toilet was a bit uncomfortable to sit on, and there was virtually no counter space for any toiletries. The shower handle was a bit touchy, and it took awhile to get the water temperature just right. There was also no bathtub in our room, only a walk-in shower stall. The AC unit was very loud, and it was only about a foot from the bed. The only positive thing was that the location is nice, easy access in and out, and plenty of restaurants in the area. I probably wouldn't stay again, but it may be appealing to budget travelers.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends
birmingham UK
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

We found the Hotel by chance having changed our plans to stay close to Washington. Receptionist was polite enough but not the welcome I expect from an American Hotel...reminded me of the UK!. Location is perfect with plenty of restaurants nearby. Beds spacious and beds really comfortable. Indoor and outdoor pool and small gym were welcome but sadly the Hotel is in need of some TLC and management. As with other reviews the voucher system for breakfast is very confusing and seems to make absolutely no sense at all. $5 for 2 breakfasts which is good value until you turn up in the restaurant in the morning and it is an absolute shambles, no staff and the whole experience made us feel that breakfast was an afterthought as when a staff member finally appeared she seemed genuinely surprised to see us let alone serve us. We managed to secure a good rate and it worked for what we needed. We would not hurry back.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Western Finland, Finland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

The rooms were comfortable equipped with a television. I have no complaints other than the location is deceptively far from Washington DC. Otherwise, there's plenty to do right around it like restaurants and what not. Not great, but certainly not disappointed.

Stayed August 2014
Fort Pierce
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

I stayed in this hotel Wyndham Garden Manassas for three weeks but if it had been up to me it would have been two days. The hotel itself is beautiful, with great rooms, comfortable beds, two very nice swimming pools and a restaurant; the staff on the other hand needs a competent person in charge, from the front desk, the restaurant, and housekeeping.
They have vouchers for breakfast that cost $5.00 saving you a couple of dollars at least, but no one tells you at check in, only if you inquire, the maids do not change the sheets on the beds unless told to, the internet is slower than dialup do to the fact that kids all hook up at the same time and you can barely check your e mail. the small packets of coffee in the room, you have to beg to get them, and for a whole week they told me they were out. the hallways are hot, very hot regardless what floor you are on. and to top it off they have a contract with a travel agency from the (east) Chine, Japan, etc. and upwards of three full busses of school age kids invade the hotel every weekend and sometimes during the week, they are noisy as kids will be, but the hotel does NOTHING to accommodate those that have to work and can't get any sleep do to the noise. The men that run the hotel are unfriendly to say the least and most of the employees need training in their job, at all positions from what we could tell. We finally moved out and into the Holiday Inn Express. I would NOT recomend this hotel if you need to work nor if you are looking for good service.

Room Tip: I had fellow employees at all floors and they all complained about the same things.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
Baltimore, Maryland
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

I am extremely disappointed with my choice of hotel, the Wyndham Garden Manassas, for our most recent trip to a concert at Jiffy Lube.

We arrived at the hotel at check in time, 3pm, and were greeted by a line of people that stretched to the door. Those in line in front of us mentioned that they had been there for 45 minutes already... We decided to go find a snack and a drink and called the hotel shortly before 4pm to find out from the front desk staff how long the line was at that point. They stated that there were only two people in line. We went back, thinking that we would finally get to check in and relax a little before heading to the venue for our show. When we arrived, we were informed that they did not have a room ready for us (this was now a little after 4pm and check-in time is 3pm) and that we would have to wait. None of the employees were wearing name tags, and no one offered any sort of empathy for the situation. The line behind us continued to grow again. The manager(?) appeared twice to give information to the desk attendant, but then went back into hiding and did nothing to help the situation. We were finally given a handicapped room with the same bed choice approximately 20 minutes later (we did not book a handicapped room).

The room was uncomfortable and loud, and the housekeeping staff started vacuuming outside the room at ~7:30am, making it even more difficult to sleep.

Upon checkout, (where the front desk member was wearing a name badge), we were not asked how our stay was... Disappointing.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple

Been to Wyndham Garden Manassas? Share your experiences!