“very good” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Wyndham Garden Manassas

Save Saved
You added Wyndham Garden Manassas to your Saves list
Wyndham Garden Manassas
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   10800 Vandor Lane, Manassas, VA 20109 (Formerly La Quinta Inn & Suites)   |
Hotel deals
Special Price
Plan Ahead, Save 25%
Ranked #14 of 19 hotels in Manassas

17 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Laurel, Delaware
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

I stayed at the hotel on 4/12/14 - 4/13/14. The charges were supposed to be $88.48. They ended up charging my card $226.96! Then when I confronted them about it, I was told o well! Are you kidding me! I have to take them to court now to resolve this issue. I signed the registration card, and I authorized for 1 room, $88.48 + $25.00 incidental charge which would be refunded after checkout. Instead they did a double charge, and then stated that it wasn't them. They even denied it after I pulled it up on my cell phone! I can not wait to see how they react in civil court, especially when they are going to have to pay for my traveling expenses! Poor place to stay!

Room Tip: Here is the best tip I can offer, stay away from this hotel room!
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Winter Springs, FL
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

It looks like this property just recently became a Wyndham Garden. It had a cloth Wyndham sign over the regular hotel sign. The hotel was not the quality I expect from a Wyndham family hotel. The rooms are a little old and need updating. We had visited Manassas battlefield and stayed here because it was close to Dulles and we were flying out the next morning. Got up at 5:00am to take a shower and get ready for a long day of travel ahead of me. Imagine my surprise when the shower hot water knob did not work and only cold water was available. So I ended up trying to wash my hair in the sink and clean up with a wash cloth. I did tell the front desk when we checked out but really nothing we or them could do at that hour and we needed to get to the airport for our flight. Might want to wait awhile before trying this to get a typical Wyndham experience.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

We recently stayed at this hotel for 4 nights. Had we only stayed one or two nights, we might not have come to appreciate how awful this hotel is. As we traveled with two one-year-olds (twins), we realized quickly that this hotel was not well-suited to our family.

We opted for a Deluxe King room, which put us on the top floor. The room was quiet and clean; there was bottled water, which was nice. The pull-out couch was lumpy, but the twins liked to crawl onto it and read their books. It had a nice, large desk, totally functional for my husband (who had to work -- we were traveling to a funeral). The bed was adequately comfortable, the sheets/linen soft and clean.

That was our experience the first night.

My twins fell grievously ill during the second night of our stay: within 30 seconds, both children were upright in bed (they shared our King) and vomiting. It was shocking. Our bedding was completely soiled. I realize this is not a fantastic situation for ANY person involved, but it happened: and I'm sure we're not the first family to experience stomach issues while traveling. I went to the front desk to ask the front desk man if we could get replacement bedding. I explained that my 1-year-old twins were ill. He was obviously irritated (which I understand... it wasn't awesome for my husband or I, either) and said that we couldn't have any replacement bedding. I was surprised. I asked him what he wanted me to do... my bedding was saturated and soiled. He rolled his eyes, grumbled under his breath, went and found ONE SINGLE bed sheet, gave it to me with a stern warning: that was all we were going to get. He could spare us only ONE sheet -- for a family of four -- and if that one was soiled, we would have no bedding at all. It was the middle of the night, my kids were ill, and I didn't know what to do... so I took the sheet and headed to the hallway to find the elevator. Halfway there, I stalled and asked what I was to do with the soiled bedding. He shrugged and said that there was no maid available and we were going to have to deal with it ourselves until the morning.

So when I got back to our room, we stripped the bed and stuffed it into the bathroom and shut the door. We put the sheet on the bed and wrapped our sick children in TOWELS and finally, also our coats, and held them all night long, praying they wouldn't be sick on the only sheet we were allowed to get from the front desk man. We cranked the thermostat to heat the room, but it was snowing outside and the room never got very warm.

The next day, we decided we were going to stay at the hotel all day so the twins could recover. We envisioned a nice, simple day... getting the room cleaned, getting cleaned up. It was a nightmare. The maids were fantastic -- much more understanding than the front desk man of the previous night... they came in and changed our bedding, scoured the bathroom and the floors, etc. We had a significant language barrier, but it didn't stop the maids from being courteous and efficient -- I can't say enough good things about them. BUT... the plumbing in our bathroom completely backed up. The maintenance man came into our room because the shower was completely clogged -- water was seeping into the bathtub, gurgling and foul, and we hadn't even used the shower in 24 hours. So, while my children were trying to rest and recover, the maintenance men were in and out of our room, pouring chemicals into the shower and the stool for SEVERAL HOURS. No apologies by the staff that we could not bathe or use the toilet for HOURS. The chemical smell was so pungent that my little ones would gag if they walked too close to the bathroom. Nobody offered to move us to a different room so we could use the facilities at our leisure: in fact, when I asked if it was possible to be moved to another room, I got an unequivocal NO without explanation. To pass time, we tried to watch television; the remote control, however, did not work properly and there was a one to two minute delay between pressing the button on the remote and its response... so it was frustrating. My husband decided to plug his laptop into the TV with an HDMI cord so we could watch Netflix or buy a movie from Amazon, but the TV had every input imaginable except HDMI.

So we just sat and waited for the bathroom to be in working order, taking turns going to the first floor to use the restroom, when necessary.

We were exhausted that night; we found a card on the desk that you hang on your door (like a do not disturb sign) to request breakfast room service. We thought it was a brilliant plan! We could have breakfast delivered, hope the twins kept it down, and finally get something filling in our stomachs so we could do something in Virginia other than hang out on the hotel room I was growing to despise. The card said to have it hanging on the door before midnight to ensure room service; we hung it up about 7pm. We requested breakfast be delivered in between 8:30 and 9:00am. It never arrived. We thought it was just late.

About 9:30, we looked outside of our room and found the card still hanging on the door: nobody had picked it up. We were disappointed. We got dressed (and got the twins dressed) and went downstairs for breakfast in the small restaurant. The menu said breakfast was served through 11am. It was about 10:05am. The restaurant was closed. I inquired at the front desk, pointing out that the menu CLEARLY stated breakfast was served through 11am. She said no, it closed at 10am; only room service was served through 11am. I told her we had tried to order room service. She said she had nothing to do with it, couldn't help us. I asked if there was anything at all we could get from the kitchen -- even toast or dry cereal with milk. She said it was locked and we were out of luck. We left the hotel in search of food.

Later that afternoon, I got ill. I spent the afternoon throwing up -- so grateful the toilet was working by then. A couple of hours later, my husband was also throwing up. I wandered down to the front desk with some money to see if they had any stomach medicine. I found out there was a vending machine with different medicines in the basement, but it only took quarters. One serving of generic Pepto Bismal was $1. I wanted to buy two packets -- one for my husband and one for myself -- but, when I asked for 2 dollars in quarters, the front desk "gentleman" (the same one who gave me the single sheet for my sick children) said he would ONLY GIVE ME 4 QUARTERS. He said he needed to keep the other quarters in case he needed them through the night. I explained our situation. He simply didn't care. He would not budge. I took the four quarters, bought Pepto Bismal, gave the medicine to my husband (who was, at that moment, more ill than I) and I suffered through an endless night of upset stomach.

The indoor pool was COLD; we couldn't swim. We tried that our final day there.

The room was reasonably priced, but the service was underwhelming. I would NEVER go back and I would NEVER recommend this hotel to anyone who was staying more than one night or who was traveling with children. Or who wanted to use a toilet or a shower in their own room. Or who wanted to sleep with more than a towel or a coat to keep them warm. Or who wanted to eat breakfast.

Room Tip: Bathroom on top floor was in disrepair.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Corpus Christi, TX
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

We stayed at this property while it was a La Quinta, and didn't enjoy our stay as well. Thursday, Friday, and Saturday nights were very noisy until very late with large group events. The free breakfast is very limited and not particularly good, though for a steep price better choices are available. The bed was comfortable and the room was clean enough, but the bathroom and furnishings are starting to show their age and in our room at least were not updated since our last stay. We would not choose this location again.

Room Tip: An upper-floor room might be quieter if a group event is underway.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple

Been to Wyndham Garden Manassas? Share your experiences!