I have mixed feelings about writing this review. I stayed at this Four Points for a week while visiting the area for a wedding about 2 years ago and it was an okay experience, nothing special, but clean, well located and the rate was most certainly good.
This time was different. The room was still nice, decor nice, bed comfortable and the room was clean. The lobby is inviting and there is a little bar/breakfast area off it. This time it seemed to me, just an impression that this Four Points might be under different ownership.
All my interactions with the staff were really a letdown, a less than friendly check in, an apparent bartender who didn't know how to mix a basic drink. From my table near the bar I observed many a guest TRYING to order certain basic drinks and then express dismay and amazement and sometimes laughter at what arrived in front of them passing for a drink. I watched one staff person scratching at her face for some time and then make someone a drink without washing her hands...OH MY and then the CAPPER......I found myself in the ladies room with the same bar/breakfast person and when she left the stall, she merely "dipped" her finger tips under water for a nano second, wiped her hands and left, obviously not concerned that I was right there using SOAP on my hands. ACK ACK ACK......what kind of place that has staff TOUCHING peoples drinking glasses and handling breakfast food does not TRAIN them in basic food safety standards LIKE USING SOAP after the bathroom etc..........needless to say I didn't touch breakfast the next morning fearing a bacteria buffet, which, as an aside, looked so mediocre and pathetic an offering in any case..
There are no phonebooks in the rooms. That's right and the night I was there I could not make a long distance call to my credit card, calling card or charge to my room...........the system just was not working. Frustrating.
I don't like writing this kind of a review........but the management here needs to do some staff re-training and please........buy a basic cocktail recipe book.
If I didn't like my Starwood points so much I would have driven right past this one, and will the next time.
Not a great end to an 11 hour drive.
- Also Known As:
- 4 Points By Sheraton Manassas Battlefield
- Four Points By Sheraton Manassas Battlefield Hotel
- Four Points By Sheraton Manassas Battlefield Hotel Manassas
- Four Points Manassas Battlefield
- Sheraton Manassas
- Four Points Manassas
- Manassas Sheraton
- Manassas Four Points
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hotel Manassas Battlefield is located 25 minutes southwest of Washington, D.C. We are easily accessible from I-66, US 234 & US 29 and convenient to all Washington area airports. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, LaQuinta, Priceline, Expedia, Orbitz, Travelocity, Cheap Tickets, Hotels.com, EasyToBook, Tingo and Otel so you can book your La Quinta Inn & Suites Manassas reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.