“Enjoy learning history” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #5 of 20 attractions in Manassas
Type: Museums
More attraction details
Attraction Details
Owner description: Enjoy a permanent exhibit spanning Native American through 20th Century periods, with a special emphasis on the Civil War. Meet spies and scallyways, slaves and soldiers, presidents and generals as you and your family experience special living history portrayals from the past. Don't miss the Museum's seven diverse historic sites, all nearby, or changing exhibit space.
5 attraction reviews
“Enjoy learning history”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2013

The museum is nice and worth a visit but what I really want to compliment are the walking tours and other tours the museum is offering this summer. I have done the city walking tour which details what happened in and around Manassas during the Civil War. It takes about 45 minutes and as a local resident I learned things I didn't know. In addition, I did the tour of Liberia Plantation which is rarely open to the public. I have driven past it so often and never knew it was there, hidden in the trees. Our guide, Paige, did a terrific job and despite the heat, wore her costume. I think the tours are conducted everyday except Monday at 11:00 am this summer. Check it out.

Visited July 2013

midwestern
6 attraction reviews
“Short & Sweet”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2013

Cute place, not much to see. Seemed like an odd movement through history the way things were set up.

Visited June 2013
“Rude”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2013

I visited here with a group of senior citizens. Ahead of time I arranged for a guided tour and explained that when travelling with seniors we tend to run late. The guy over the phone was understanding and said it wouldn't be a problem. When we arrived, we were treated poorly and fussed at for our tardiness. I paid for the entire group of about 14 seniors and heard the ladies at the desk talking about our group...wondering if we even bothered to pay. It was rude and absolutely ridiculous. Maybe if you go here, just skip the guided tour. it is a small museum anyway. As for me, not interested in going ever again.

Visited March 2013
Manassas, Virginia
“A Great Civil War Venue”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

I attended a lecture at the museum on Mosby's Combat Operations in Fairfax County,Virginia.It was an appropriate setting for a Civil War subject.
The staff was very helpful in the selection of gifts for friends

Visited April 2013
9 attraction reviews
“Nice bit of history”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

Great place to visit before going to the battle field great displays about the history of Manassas and the ladies working there can answer any questions you have. Must see

Visited September 2012