“Noisy” 2 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersBronze level
Manassas, Virginia
“Noisy”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2013

At 2am, the clerk assigned a room next to ours to college age men. Our room had connecting doors on each side and the hotel was not at all sold out. There were at least half the rooms in the hotel available. These men were extremely loud. Kept slamming the doors. We found out very quickly that the walls in the hotel were extremely thin. The clerks should be trained not to assign rooms next door to people at 2am or to people with connecting doors, if there are other rooms in the hotel available. It was very hard to get back to sleep, especially when we had a 5:45am wake up call. I was originally going to write an excellent review of this hotel, until this happened. We, obviously, didn't have anyone in the rooms next to us before the incident. Other than the thin walls, the room was clean and recently renovated. The door to the room does open to the outdoors, so you did occasionally hear trucks backing up, etc, but they do have a secure door that you have to enter to get to the rooms in the courtyard.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Tammy B, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Battlefield Inn, responded to this review, March 8, 2013
I would like to thank you for choosing to stay with us. I am so sorry you were awaken by a noisy guest that is never a good thing and I will speak with my front desk agents about placing guest in connecting rooms so that we may prevent this from happening in the future. Please do not ever hesitate to contact the front desk If another guest is being loud so that we can immediately look into the situation and stop it from continuing to disturb you or other guest. I am very glad to hear that you enjoyed the room and that you were happy with the cleanliness of the room. i do hope that you will stay again with us.I would like to thank-you for taking the time to let us know about your stay. Please do not hestiate to contact me directly at 703-361-8000 if you have any questions.

Tammy Bragg

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 19, 2012 via mobile

Stayed here with my childs group this summer. This is not a hotel for kids or families for that matter! Its is full of construction people that love to hang out at the hotel bar (a local dive!!) Read the rewiews - they let people park their motorcycles next to their room door! Our room smelled moldy and after finally getting some help from the sales girl that we booked through, (who gave us an excuse that she was unreachable due to personal problems with her kids!) we were offered to have our room sprayed with a chemical deodorizer! Manager, please dont take your time to thank me for my review and put the effort in your staff and hotel!

• Stayed August 2012
Tammy B, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Battlefield Inn, responded to this review, December 20, 2012
Dear Valued Guest,

I was truly dismayed after reading the review. I do apologize that you did not enjoy your stay with us because this is not typical of our hotel staff. I have taken a great deal of time to train our staff to go above and beyond for all our guest and their specific needs.We do have large companies and corporations that use our facility faithfully to house their employees because of their trust in us to make sure they are well accommodated during their time away from their home and families, We do have many children and adult groups that stay with us during their travels to the area and they have continued to return year after year due to our hospitality and service. We do have a restaurant and lounge on our property that has been in business for over 30 years that accommodates our hotel guest and has become a favorite to our local guest because of our outstanding service and care. I would like to extend my apologies that my sales manager was not available due to her baby being hospitalized for an emergency. I do wish this had been brought to my attention during your stay so I could have resolved any issues you were experiencing at that time. I am always available to all my guest. We are an I care clean certified property however sometimes misstakes are made and I do try to take care of them immediately during the time our guest stay with us. Please do not hesitate to call me directly if I can be of any assistance in the future. My staff and I do look forward to continuing to take care of each and everyone of our guest.
Louisville, Kentucky
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2012 via mobile

The beds were very comfortable. The hotel has been updated throughout. Breakfast was very good it was even served on real plates not paper or Styrofoam. The staff was terrific and quite accommodating. We will stay there again.

• Stayed November 2012
Tammy B, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Battlefield Inn, responded to this review, December 18, 2012
I would like to thank you for taking the time to let us know about your stay. Thank you for choosing our hotel for your lodging needs and we do hope you will stay with us again soon. If I can be of any assistance during your next visit please do not hesitate to call me directly.

Harrisburg, Pa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2012

The Best Western Battlefield Inn is a property that was probably built in the 1970s and updated several times since then. The place is clean and quiet and features a hot breakfast 6:30 am to 9:30 am in Addy's which is otherwise its bar and entertainment center. The hotel is showing its age somewhat, with multiple coats of paint evident on fixtures. But the accommodations -- bed, bathroom, furnishings -- are clean, comfortable, and new. I regularly stay at this site twice a week.

Room Tip: Make sure to put out the "do not disturb" doorhanger, as maids have been known to knock wh...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Thank-you for taking the time to tell us about your stay. We enjoy having you stay with us on a weekly basis. I do hope you are enjoying our complimentary dinner every Wednesday night our way of saying thank you to our guest for choosing our hotel for their lodging needs. If ever I can be of assistance please do not hesitate to call me directly.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2012 via mobile

I have stayed here four times now and all four times me and other guests had to put up with work crews who stay weeks at a time,they stand around drinking all night and are very loud and management doesn't really bother them even when you call the front desk probobly because they make a lot of money from them,so DO NOT STAY HERE WITH A FAMILY. The only reason I stay here is I come down here for work and this is were they put me I would never stay here with my family.

• Stayed November 2012
Tammy B, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Battlefield Inn, responded to this review, November 27, 2012
I would like to thank you for taking the time to let us know about your stay. I would like to apologize if we had several guest in our court yard being loud and I will immediately look into the issue. We do invite all our guest to sit out in our garden style court yard and to sit at our covered picnic areas to relax and to use the grills to cook out. We would like all guest to feel like this is their home away from home. However if they were being noisey and you reported it to the front desk they should have immediately resolved the issue and I apologize if this did not happen and thank you for bringing this to my attention so that I can follow up to make sure everyone is enjoying their stay while staying with us because we do have several families,seniors and school groups that stay with us in the spring and summer months and enjoy using our pool area and sitting out and relaxing in our court yard aea. I do hope you will stay with us again.

Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2012

My husband and I checked into this hotel late at night. I called ahead of time and was told a room would cost around $70 and I thought that was a good price. When I arrived I was told that there were no rooms left at that price but they would honor the price and upgrade to a better room. I thought that was very nice of them! We got a very nice and large room with two beds. I believe the room was 245. It was so clean and I liked that a lot. I was pleased with how neat it felt and the bed was very comfortable. I slept really well, better than in my own bed at home! My only complaint is how poor the wifi was. I needed it to plan my trip the next day in D.C. but I couldn't keep the service for more than a minute or two and it would go out. It was probably because my room was really far from the lobby. But otherwise I was very pleased with my stay and I would recommend it and visit again.

Room Tip: Pick a room closer to the lobby for better wifi! Otherwise the rooms are great!
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
I was very glad to hear you enjoyed your stay with us. I would like to thank you for letting me know about the trouble your were having with the WIFI because should not have had problems we have very strong access points in each breeze way so I will immediately look into resolving the issue. I look forward to return soon.

Alexandria, Virginia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2012

Reserved a non-smoking room, a week in advance thru hotels.com when I noticed I was given a smoking room I went to the front desk and ask to change my room to a non-smoking he told me he couldn't because I booked the room thru hotels.com. And since the deal I got was unrefundable we had to stay in that smoke smelly room. That's the reason I gave it a poor in cleanliness.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Tammy B, Director of Sales at BEST WESTERN Battlefield Inn, responded to this review, November 1, 2012
I am sorry to hear that your were unable to stay in the room type you had requested. Unfortunately, sometimes requests do not filter down to the hotel when making online reservations. It is our policy to move guests to appropriate rooms when available once we are aware of your preference. Please contact me with any questions or further assistance. Thank you

Been to BEST WESTERN Battlefield Inn? Share your experiences!