“Very motorcycle friendly” 5 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersBronze level
Charlotte, North Carolina
“Very motorcycle friendly”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2012

Stayed here on a trip with a group. Hotel allowed us to park motorcycles securely inside the court yard near our rooms. Great front desk service at check-in. Melody was very helpful in making sure everything was as we expected & that we had everything we needed. Nice clean pool. Comfortable rooms. Good rates. Definitely would stay here again.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
Tammy B, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Battlefield Inn, responded to this review, September 7, 2012
I would like to personally thank you for choosing our hotel for your accommodations. I am so pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay with us and look forward to your return.

Tammy Bragg

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Mooresville, NC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2012

Can't say enough about the front desk help. Melody was more than helpful. She even drove in her own car to pick up some discounted tickets for our group. We were all on bikes and she volunteered to go get us tickets for a concert at a discount!

Our group was traveling on motorcycles and Melody was very gracious enough to let us park our bikes close to our rooms! That is almost unheard of. Could not have ask for better service.

Room was clean, on first floor as requested. In the area of all our friends as requested. Even moved one guy to get closer to the group!

Hot breakfast was nice vs just cold bagels!

I would definately recommend this hotel for a group or individauls traveling via motorcycle or with a family. Top notch service all the way around!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
I was so glad to hear Melody was such a big help while you were staying with us and we look forward to having you back again soon and thank you so much for taking time to let us know about your stay.

Washington DC, District of Columbia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2012

We stayed here for one night during a cross country trip and were very pleased. The beds were comfortable, which is a must after long days of driving. It's easy to get to from I66. The staff was pleasant. The breakfast was a free hotel breakfast -- which is to say that if you like making your own waffles it's great.

However, the great thing is that they're pretty pet friendly. It was only another $10 to have the dog with us, which made it very convenient.

I've seen some comments from folks saying that it's a good place to stay if you're visiting DC. I'd disagree with this statement. I66 can be horrible during rush hour -- often taking in excess of an hour each way to and from the district. Stay here to see the great stuff around Manassas and the Udvar-Hazy Center at Dulles, but it's a less than ideal location to go all the way into the District.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
I was glad to hear you enjoyed your stay with us and look forward to having you return again soon. If I can can be of assistance in the future please do not hesitate to call me directly.

Hartford, Connecticut
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2012

My husband and I planned a vacation to VA and Manassas was the best location to stay for what we wanted to do. Also chose this hotel based on price and rooms available. Within 1/2 hour of DC and Mount Vernon. Two hours to Charlottesville and the Skyline Drive. Room could have been cleaner on arrival, but left a note the first day and the place got spiffed. Overall room was adequate, good with us because we were out early and back late. Best thing about this place is the employees. All were friendly and helpful and made us feel at home for the week. Have the waffles, fruit salad, cereal and coffee for breakfast; hot buffet and pastry wasn't what I wanted but others seemed to enjoy it. Hotel is set up with pool, tables with awnings, horseshoe pit and BBQ grills in the center court. Not too private at night on the first floor. Would go again, though for a short stay.

Room Tip: Second floor on the side of the center court away from the horseshoe pits (unless you're really...
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Tammy B, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Battlefield Inn, responded to this review, August 2, 2012
I would like to thank you for taking the time to comment on your recent stay with us and do look forward to you returning again soon. I will look into why we did not have whole fruit available during your stay because we do offer bananas,Apples and oranges. I do hope you will choose to stay with us again soon.

Grand Haven, Michigan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2012

The Best Western Battlefield was like a home away from home for the two nights we were there in April of 2012. We wanted to be somewhere close to D.C. but we had our cat with us, which presented a problem in Maryland.

I admit, our trip was ill-prepared, and I didn't make accommodation arrangements ahead of time, but we lucked out when we found that most Best Westerns accept pets - except in Maryland (I didn't find one affordable hotel/motel chain that did). However, we had to go into Virginia to find it. We landed at the Best Western in Manassas. I wish we would have found them sooner, as we would have had more time to have fun.

For an extra $10 per night our kitty could stay with us, and she was as happy as could be in our room. The people who checked us in were wonderful! I was given a discounted rate without even having to mention AAA, and that was a relief for me. I was told that if we stayed another night we could have the same rate, but that was not honored by the people who worked the following morning. Oh well. I didn't complain.

The breakfast was really good--a very nice spread with eggs, waffles, sausage, cereals, fruit, yogurts, etc. I took my own coffee beans because nothing tops my coffee, but they had all that too. It was very hearty. I would have preferred some fresh fruit--apples & bananas, but that isn't a complaint.

The only problem I had, and it was resolved after I became upset about it, was that they asked us to switch rooms because a "regular" guest was coming in and he wanted our room. At first I agreed. We started taking our bags over and when we opened the door, we found the room in complete disarray with beer bottles all over, and both beds unmade. Before we were asked to move we were ready to go into D.C. for some sightseeing, but we were asked to wait for another 45 minutes for them to make up the room. My issue was that we were in room 143 and they were moving us to room 153--just around the corner. I asked them why they couldn't put the other guest in 153, since we were already in 143, and quite content there. Besides, I had just had surgery and was not supposed to be taking it easy. I felt it was an unfair thing to ask a paying guest. I had to tell them that I was going to make a complaint if I was forced to move. That is when the clerk came and told me we didn't have to move. It was just a small glitch, but we got over it.

The room was great! It smelled nice, everything was working (there was a fridge and a microwave). The remote was one of those "clean" remotes - easy to wipe germs off if you're a germophobe. And the beds -- the most comfortable beds ever in that price range. They were firm but not lumpy. Nicely padded, and the best part was that they had real duvets, and four fluffy pillows. I could have spent two days just laying in bed and have been happy.

The Best Western Battlefield has a peaceful feel to it. Maybe it's because of the beautiful courtyard--maybe it's because we were having one mishap after another and being there was like having a vacation from our vacation. Whatever it is, I wouldn't hesitate to return.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
I would like to thank you for taking time to comment on your stay with us. I am very glad you and your pet choose to stay with us during your visit to the area. I was very glad to hear you enjoyed the comfort of our beds and do look forward to having you stay with us again soon

Belfast, N.Ireland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2012

Drove down to Manassas and wanted somewhere close to the National Park. This was, literally, the first hotel I encountered down the road. Had rooms free at reasonable price. Room was clean and comfortable. Had microwave, fridge etc. They also provide barbeques which I found a bit odd. The clientele was mostly working guys. who went to bed early but were up early. The attached eatery was empty, food was OK. Free appetisers and friendly bartender. Breakfast was fairly dire. There was plenty on offer but the best thing about it was it was free! If I had stayed 2 nights I would not have had 2 breakfasts.

Room Tip: Ask for upstairs at the back if you want quietness
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled solo
Tammy B, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Battlefield Inn, responded to this review, May 25, 2012
I would like to Start by thanking you for staying with us and taking the time to share your experience. We are in the process of changing and adding to our breakfast buffet. I do hope you will come stay again soon.

chicago
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2012

Maybe it was because of the holiday but the guests @ this hotel left a lot to be desired. There was barbecuing under the stairs, loud swearing til early morning. These people did not look like the type you wanted to start up a confrontation let alone complain about them. The pool area was nice, but again the fun guests seemed to have taken over the hotel.

Looking to stay again in Manassas again this year. My relative's porch may be more appropriate.

Room Tip: Stayed at this hotel 07/2010 but no date to choose from Stay here if you feel adventurous.
  • Stayed May 2011, traveled with friends
BWBattlefield, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Battlefield Inn, responded to this review, April 13, 2012
Our entire team would like to thank you for taking time to let us know about visit with us two years ago. I would like to personally apologize if we had loud guest doing your last visit. We are alway focusing on improving and have made changes since your last visit and hope that you would try us again soon. Please do not hesitate to call me directly if you have any questions.

Tammy Bragg

Been to BEST WESTERN Battlefield Inn? Share your experiences!