“Nice play to stay, especially if you've got pets” 4 of 5 stars

Low Rate, Guaranteed
Ranked #9 of 19 hotels in Manassas
GreenLeadersBronze level
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Nice play to stay, especially if you've got pets”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2012

We stayed here for one night during a cross country trip and were very pleased. The beds were comfortable, which is a must after long days of driving. It's easy to get to from I66. The staff was pleasant. The breakfast was a free hotel breakfast -- which is to say that if you like making your own waffles it's great.

However, the great thing is that they're pretty pet friendly. It was only another $10 to have the dog with us, which made it very convenient.

I've seen some comments from folks saying that it's a good place to stay if you're visiting DC. I'd disagree with this statement. I66 can be horrible during rush hour -- often taking in excess of an hour each way to and from the district. Stay here to see the great stuff around Manassas and the Udvar-Hazy Center at Dulles, but it's a less than ideal location to go all the way into the District.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Tammy B, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Battlefield Inn, responded to this review, September 7, 2012
I was glad to hear you enjoyed your stay with us and look forward to having you return again soon. If I can can be of assistance in the future please do not hesitate to call me directly.

81 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Hartford, Connecticut
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2012

My husband and I planned a vacation to VA and Manassas was the best location to stay for what we wanted to do. Also chose this hotel based on price and rooms available. Within 1/2 hour of DC and Mount Vernon. Two hours to Charlottesville and the Skyline Drive. Room could have been cleaner on arrival, but left a note the first day and the place got spiffed. Overall room was adequate, good with us because we were out early and back late. Best thing about this place is the employees. All were friendly and helpful and made us feel at home for the week. Have the waffles, fruit salad, cereal and coffee for breakfast; hot buffet and pastry wasn't what I wanted but others seemed to enjoy it. Hotel is set up with pool, tables with awnings, horseshoe pit and BBQ grills in the center court. Not too private at night on the first floor. Would go again, though for a short stay.

Room Tip: Second floor on the side of the center court away from the horseshoe pits (unless you're really...
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Tammy B, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Battlefield Inn, responded to this review, August 2, 2012
I would like to thank you for taking the time to comment on your recent stay with us and do look forward to you returning again soon. I will look into why we did not have whole fruit available during your stay because we do offer bananas,Apples and oranges. I do hope you will choose to stay with us again soon.

Grand Haven, Michigan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2012

The Best Western Battlefield was like a home away from home for the two nights we were there in April of 2012. We wanted to be somewhere close to D.C. but we had our cat with us, which presented a problem in Maryland.

I admit, our trip was ill-prepared, and I didn't make accommodation arrangements ahead of time, but we lucked out when we found that most Best Westerns accept pets - except in Maryland (I didn't find one affordable hotel/motel chain that did). However, we had to go into Virginia to find it. We landed at the Best Western in Manassas. I wish we would have found them sooner, as we would have had more time to have fun.

For an extra $10 per night our kitty could stay with us, and she was as happy as could be in our room. The people who checked us in were wonderful! I was given a discounted rate without even having to mention AAA, and that was a relief for me. I was told that if we stayed another night we could have the same rate, but that was not honored by the people who worked the following morning. Oh well. I didn't complain.

The breakfast was really good--a very nice spread with eggs, waffles, sausage, cereals, fruit, yogurts, etc. I took my own coffee beans because nothing tops my coffee, but they had all that too. It was very hearty. I would have preferred some fresh fruit--apples & bananas, but that isn't a complaint.

The only problem I had, and it was resolved after I became upset about it, was that they asked us to switch rooms because a "regular" guest was coming in and he wanted our room. At first I agreed. We started taking our bags over and when we opened the door, we found the room in complete disarray with beer bottles all over, and both beds unmade. Before we were asked to move we were ready to go into D.C. for some sightseeing, but we were asked to wait for another 45 minutes for them to make up the room. My issue was that we were in room 143 and they were moving us to room 153--just around the corner. I asked them why they couldn't put the other guest in 153, since we were already in 143, and quite content there. Besides, I had just had surgery and was not supposed to be taking it easy. I felt it was an unfair thing to ask a paying guest. I had to tell them that I was going to make a complaint if I was forced to move. That is when the clerk came and told me we didn't have to move. It was just a small glitch, but we got over it.

The room was great! It smelled nice, everything was working (there was a fridge and a microwave). The remote was one of those "clean" remotes - easy to wipe germs off if you're a germophobe. And the beds -- the most comfortable beds ever in that price range. They were firm but not lumpy. Nicely padded, and the best part was that they had real duvets, and four fluffy pillows. I could have spent two days just laying in bed and have been happy.

The Best Western Battlefield has a peaceful feel to it. Maybe it's because of the beautiful courtyard--maybe it's because we were having one mishap after another and being there was like having a vacation from our vacation. Whatever it is, I wouldn't hesitate to return.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
I would like to thank you for taking time to comment on your stay with us. I am very glad you and your pet choose to stay with us during your visit to the area. I was very glad to hear you enjoyed the comfort of our beds and do look forward to having you stay with us again soon

Belfast, N.Ireland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2012

Drove down to Manassas and wanted somewhere close to the National Park. This was, literally, the first hotel I encountered down the road. Had rooms free at reasonable price. Room was clean and comfortable. Had microwave, fridge etc. They also provide barbeques which I found a bit odd. The clientele was mostly working guys. who went to bed early but were up early. The attached eatery was empty, food was OK. Free appetisers and friendly bartender. Breakfast was fairly dire. There was plenty on offer but the best thing about it was it was free! If I had stayed 2 nights I would not have had 2 breakfasts.

Room Tip: Ask for upstairs at the back if you want quietness
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled solo
Tammy B, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Battlefield Inn, responded to this review, May 25, 2012
I would like to Start by thanking you for staying with us and taking the time to share your experience. We are in the process of changing and adding to our breakfast buffet. I do hope you will come stay again soon.

chicago
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2012

Maybe it was because of the holiday but the guests @ this hotel left a lot to be desired. There was barbecuing under the stairs, loud swearing til early morning. These people did not look like the type you wanted to start up a confrontation let alone complain about them. The pool area was nice, but again the fun guests seemed to have taken over the hotel.

Looking to stay again in Manassas again this year. My relative's porch may be more appropriate.

Room Tip: Stayed at this hotel 07/2010 but no date to choose from Stay here if you feel adventurous.
  • Stayed May 2011, traveled with friends
BWBattlefield, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Battlefield Inn, responded to this review, April 13, 2012
Our entire team would like to thank you for taking time to let us know about visit with us two years ago. I would like to personally apologize if we had loud guest doing your last visit. We are alway focusing on improving and have made changes since your last visit and hope that you would try us again soon. Please do not hesitate to call me directly if you have any questions.

Fort Worth, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2012

My fiancé and I came to Manassas because his best friend and his wife were having their first baby. We flew into BWI and drove from there to Manassas which was as bad as a drive as we thought it was going to be. When we pulled up to the hotel we noticed it wasn't the nicest hotel by any means from the exterior apperiance but we were willing to try it out. The staff at the front counter was very nice and gave us a calendar of events that they were having at the hotel for the 5 days we stayed. We did noticed that there semi and other types of bigger trucks on the road and we did have some of them park in the parking lot but never had an issue with not being able to find a parking spot. Our room was located right next to the main lobby and we were afraid we were going to hear everyone coming to check in but never heard anything from the lobby. The room was so quite that we didn't even hear the live band they had in the restaurant on Friday and Saturday and it was loud whenever you went outside which really surprised me.

Room was fairly clean, we moved the big chair they had and it obviously had not been clean in a long time but it just had some trash and leaves and housekeeping cleaned it up that day. The only other thing I noticed was in the shower there is some black stuff in the grout for the title and where the soap dish is at but the sheets were clean and housekeeping came everyday to clean.

The free conentinal breakfast was horrible, I just grabbed the box of cereal for the morning and went on with me day. The first day we were there we tried what we thought might be eggs, just tasted like salt. My fiancé liked the waffles they had, I was not a huge fan but that's okay it's a free breakfast.

The hotel is centrally located and easy to get too and there are multipule ways to get to it from different roads so that was nice.

We did notice that people liked to hang out in front of our room in the morning (around 7-7:30 AM) so if you are planning on sleeping in and are a light sleeper good luck.

We would probably stay here again if we had too but next time
I am going to look for another hotel.

Room Tip: If you can avoid it do not get a room at the bottom of a staircase.
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
I would like to personally thank you for taking time to let us know what you enjoyed and did not enjoy. We do take all feed back to heart and this will help us to continue to focus on improving.
We do hope that you will return again. Please do not hesitate to call us directly if you have any questions about future stays.

Bent Mountain, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2011

Anyone who has traveled in the DC metro area knows that lodging costs are very high. I was attending a conference in downtown DC and needed a first night that was economical and convenient to the Metrorail Vienna station. This older property was convenient to I-66, nicely furnished and...surprise....good internet connection! While it is two story and no elevator, it is laid out in a campus style with a nice courtyard. An unusual feature is a picnic area with tables and grills, something not found at many newer, brand name properties.
If you can tolerate rising very early to get to a morning meeting in DC, you can find parking at the Vienna station ($4.50 a day) prior to 7 AM. (getting theer by 6:30 is a better bet.) Then the Orange line will take you to many of the DC areas within 30 minutes or so.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled on business
YourDCManager, Guest Relations Manager at BEST WESTERN Battlefield Inn, responded to this review, October 25, 2011
Dear filmbuyer, Thanks for taking the time out of your busy schedule to share your experience at our hotel. I hope you enjoyed your time at the conference. We look forward to accommodating you again.

Been to BEST WESTERN Battlefield Inn? Share your experiences!