“Super nice staff” 5 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersBronze level
Massachusetts
“Super nice staff”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2011

Nice, comfortable and affordable hotel. Breakfast was included and it was nice to start the day on a full stomach. Pool was clean, as was the room. The staff could not have been nicer!

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Battlefield Inn, responded to this review, December 12, 2011
Our Team would like to thank you for taking time to let us know about your experience while staying with us and we were very glad to hear you enjoyed your stay and we look forward to having you return for a future stay.

62 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Blacksburg, Virginia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2011

It wasn't the best hotel. It wasn't worth the price, it had smoking, and there were people outside yelling at 11. The continental breakfast was good and it was based on a courtyard with a decent pool.

Room Tip: Good Breakfast
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled with friends
, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Battlefield Inn, responded to this review, September 24, 2011
Let me start by thanking you for taking the time to go on trip advisors regarding your recent stay at our property. I would like to apologize for the guest that were outside being loud during your stay with us. We look forward to having you stay with us again in the future.

Texas City, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2011

We came into town for the 150th Anniversary and this hotel was unbelievable. When we first arriveved the had put together a pamplet of all the activities and they had someone working the business helping guest buy tickets. The best was they went way above they had the staff dressed in Civil War attire and the had an encampment in the front yard with a canyon. They really showed the appreciation of what this weekend was about. The General Manager was onsight all three days in attire and she was in the lobby and out at the tents helping the guest and making sure everyone had what they needed and the rooms I have never stayed in a cleaner hotel with a staff that cared as much as this one did. My husband and I are retired and we plan on coming back and there is no where else we would think of staying. I would like to thank the General manager and her staff for a wonderful weekend.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with friends
, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Battlefield Inn, responded to this review, July 26, 2011
I would like to thank you for choosing our property to stay at while visiting the area. I am so glad to hear that you enjoyed the staff being dressed in the Civil War attire and the encampment we had displayed in our front area of the hotel. We worked very hard at trying to be a part of the celebration of the 150th anniversary of The Civil War and i would like to thank you for taking the time to let us know that you enjoyed the weekend. We look forward to having you stay with us again soon.

Singapore, Singapore
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2011 via mobile

Enjoyed the brief stay with our young children. Quiet rooms despite being so close to the airport (20 min drive away on 66w) and Manassas shopping. On premise Addy's with Karaoke Tuesday evening was a memorable experience for all of us. Excellent selection of hot and cold items for breakfast, good front desk service as well as inviting pool, business and fitness center

• Stayed May 2011
, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Battlefield Inn, responded to this review, June 2, 2011
I would like to thank you for taking time to go on Trip Advisor and post your experience while visiting with us. I am very glad to hear you enjoyed your stay with us. I look forward to having you return again soon.

Saint Paul, Minnesota
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2011

We knew getting this close to DC that it wouldn't be cheap, rooms started at $79 at the Red Roof and Super 8. Turns out it was the same price at the Best Western. And the Best Western had a bar/food on site, plus free breakfast in the AM.
Place was just about full, they had to check to see if they had three rooms when we got there. The outside, stairs, etc could use freshening up but everything was A-OK on the inside. Holiday Inn or better class place. Plenty of room in the two bed - room. Sink both in and out side the bath area. Plenty of power outlets, no show of wear on the chairs, beds with plenty of padding, plenty of heat. Did have to run the hot water for a while, but a different world from the 6 and 8.
Breakfast, again a WOW. I'm guessing a 15 foot spread. The usual juice and coffee, all kinds of bread, bagels, etc. Didn't look at the cereal but I saw the sign. Make your own waffles. Hot food included sausage, pancakes, wraps (not sure what kind), gravy for biscuits. Didn't see them but another person said eggs. Yogurt. And something I have never seen before ... to go containers.
AND, I didn't join in, but they had 'Texas Hold em' at the bar, free starting chips. Don't know the rest of the details.
... and the food at the bar, all good.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled on business
, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Battlefield Inn, responded to this review, March 28, 2011
We would like to start by thanking you for taking time to go online to complete the survey. I was very glad to hear you had a great experience while staying with us and we look forward to having you stay with us in the future.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2011 via mobile

Stopped here on our way to Maryland due to bad weather. Really surprised at this hotel. Thought that it would only be worth the cheap price we paid. Nice rooms. Everything was new. Staff even helped de-ice our car the next morning!

• Stayed January 2011
We were very glad to have you stay with us during the bad weather and I am very glad to hear you enjoyed your stay with us and that our staff was able to help clean the snow off your car to get you started back on your journey. We look forward to having you stay with again in the future. I would like to personally thank-you for taking the time to complete a survey and sharing your experince with other guest.

Richmond, Virginia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2010

(1) I had to go back and forth to the front desk because they put me in a room that hadn't been cleaned. It's an outside hotel, so that meant loading the car back up and driving back around to the front desk. (2) Lots of rowdy truckers were up LATE and then up EARLY, so sleep was impossible. (3) Even though my room was non-smoking, it didn't matter because the truckers were right outside smoking. (4) Got up in the morning and the shower handle was broken, so I couldn't bathe. I had to RACE back to my home several hours away in order to take a shower before I could go to a meeting I had (meeting was in my home city; I stayed in Manassas the night before because my day ended so late). I couldn't skip a shower because I smelled of the truckers' smoke. When I checked out and told the guy about the shower and the mess it was causing me, not even so much as an apology. (5) If you need internet access, bring a cable because the wireless option is slow and keeps disconnecting itself. I did file a complaint with the hotel for the overall experience and received a $20 refund on my credit card as well as a call from the GM. So, they are clearly committed to addressing problems -- you just have to be tolerant of experiencing the problems, and I am not.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled on business
, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Battlefield Inn, responded to this review, October 21, 2010

Please know that we are taking your feedback to heart and focusing on improving.

I am really sorry that you were not able to get the shower on during your stay please do not ever hesitate to contact our front desk if you are having any difficulties at all we will be glad to send someone to assist you.

Again, I apologize for the inconvenience during your stay and hope to see you during your next visit.

Tammy Bragg

Been to BEST WESTERN Battlefield Inn? Share your experiences!