“Manassas hotel stay” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #12 of 19 Hotels in Manassas
Frankford, Canada
“Manassas hotel stay”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2013

Friendly staff. Our first jacuzzi room had a malfunctioning toilet, the second had cigarette smoke in the room. Our last room was OK but not the jacuzzi room we had wanted. Breakfast was continental, no hot food (my fault for booking this particular hotel.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Severna Park, Maryland
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2013

I knew when I booked the hotel that it was a little on the lower end, but the price was really good so I booked it. I pulled up and noticed right away that the area was terrible - across the street was an Oriental Massage Parlor. I'm not even being insensitive - that's exactly what was on the sign. Next to that was an adult video store. On the way to my room I realized that this must be a place where the local teenagers must come to party because there were kids in the hallway with music blaring in a nearby room. My room smelled of mildew but more importantly, I just didn't feel all that safe being there. So I left. The person at the front desk insisted that it was a safe area, which Im sure is true, but the motel happens to be on the dirtiest block. I forgot to mention the gun store in the mostly-abandoned shopping center next door. She didn't give me any trouble about giving me a refund, which was a relief. I ended up staying at the Hyatt Place which was only about $40 more, ten min or so down the road but leaps and bounds nicer than this place. Sometimes its not worth going with the lowest price.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2013

I really enjoyed the stay! We only stayed overnight for a Jimmy Buffett concert at Jiffy Lube Live but during the stay the staff was wonderful. The room was very clean and comfortable. The continental breakfast was a delight. We come back every year due to the wonderful service.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2013

Staff were very friendly- the manager realised from my accent that I am British and gave me some PG Tips so that I didn't have to suffer the Lipton's teabags (if you're British I'm sure you'll understand).

Rooms. We were upgraded, which was nice; the room was immaculate, with a VERY comfortable mattress. It also had a pull-out bed, microwave, fridge freezer (!), decent TV with HBO, and quiet a/c unit. It is worth noting that there is no lift (elevator) to get to the first (second) floor, so if you have heavy bags plan accordingly.

I stay in a lot of hotels, usually upmarket from this one (cost-wise anyway). However this had one of the best internet experiences I've had. Firstly there was no hotel login page to irritate you. You just connect and that's it. Secondly, the speed is good; my speedtest.net measurement gave 8.6Mbps and 6Mbps up.

Being a kind of upmarket motel, there is no food service other than breakfast, which consists of cereal's, doughnuts, pastries, hot waffles, fruit, juice & coffee. However the quality of the items was somewhat above what was served at an identical (on paper) Best Western that we had stayed in in NYC.

Transport links to DC were OK; it takes around 20-30 mins to drive to the end of the subway (Vienna) and from there another 30 mins on the tube.

Parking is free, there is an inexpensive laundry on the first (second) floor, and there a number of the places to get food within 5 mins drive.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Howes Cave, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2013

We stayed at this Best Western and we found it wonderful. The room was clean, the service was great. The beds were very comfy and the AC worked great. The Microwave and Refrig were a real perk they both worked wonderful as well. We would stay again. This is in a nice area where there are stores close by and a mini golf very near by.

Room Tip: We had a ground floor room it was very convenient and it was very quiet.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Toronto, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2013

Nice place but it needs a pool for those rainy days. Did not look for the fitness room , must have been at the other end of the hotel. The breakfast was good for the whole family including a picky 20 year old.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

St. Moritz, Switzerland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2013

The staff is probably the friendliest i've ever seen in a Hotel.
other than that this place is just average. The breakfast isnt really that good, the room was clean, the bed was clean, but the Jacuzzi we had in our room wasnt...glad we werent gonna use that in the first place.
other than that i'm not sure if there were rooms that People are allowed to smoke in, but the hallway smelled of smoke a lot.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends

Been to BEST WESTERN Manassas? Share your experiences!