“Outstanding” 5 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
PA
“Outstanding”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2014

We stayed at the Residence Inn in Manassas, VA this past weekend. We were treated with the utmost of respect from the moment we walked in the door. Every staff person that we met greeted us with a smile and went above and beyond the call of duty to make sure that we had what we needed. At breakfast, we encountered the most wonderful lady, Maria, who whipped up waffles for us (which never happens at a do-it-yourself breakfast bar) and made us feel right at home. When we needed help printing something at the business center, Kasey the Asst General Manager, took the time to accommodate us when the printer was acting up. We checked out on Sat and planned to return to Philadelphia after our meeting. However, decided to stay one more night on Sat. evening. By that time, the hotel was sold out but instead of sending us on our way, the lady at the front desk took time to suggest other area Marriott hotels and provided phone #s for us. I would highly recommend this hotel. It was clean, comfortable and the most importantly, the staff made us feel very welcome. Hospitality at this hotel was the best!

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
Chris C, General Manager at Residence Inn Manassas Battlefield Park, responded to this review, July 30, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to review the Residence Inn Manassas. We focus on delivering exceptional service to all of our guests and I am glad we could provide that for you. We will share your kind words and 5 out of 5 score with all of our employees. We appreciate you choosing to stay with us at the Residence Inn Manassas and look forward to your return visit to the Manassas area.

Warm Regards,

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Alexandria
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2014

If you getting married near or around Manassas, then this hotel will accommodate your guests needs.

My guests were going to bring their pets and their children. The hotel accommodated everybody.

Even before I got to the hotel Chris, the general manager, worked diligently with me to accommodate all my guests needs. For example, my guests were from out of town so they wouldn't have any idea of the amenities that are in the area, like grocery stores and restaurants. Chris and his team compiled a list of amenities in the area.
At the hotel we had a wonderful experience. Jerome's customer service skills are excellent. All the staff members were wonderful and friendly. The hot breakfast was
delicious; the waffles were definitely my favorite.
The rooms are clean, spacious, and beautifully decorated. The beds are comfortable: plush pillows and clean sheets. Overall a wonderful and memorable stay. Thanks Chris

• Stayed June 2014
Chris C, General Manager at Residence Inn Manassas Battlefield Park, responded to this review, July 10, 2014
Hi Merv22,

Thank you for you kind words and 5/5 score of the Residence Inn Manassas. We strive to make every stay memorable for our guests. I am glad that we could deliver that experience on a special day for you and your family. We will share your kind words with Jerome and the rest of the team. Thank you again and please come see us again on your next trip to Manassas, Virginia.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2014 via mobile

I must say that the front desk clerk Jerome was AMAZING! From the moment we got there till we left we felt very welcomed! Super clean rooms and the breakfast buffet was delicious! We drove from Florida for a concert at the Jiffy Lube Live and this hotel was a 10 min drive from the venue! Thank you Manassas Virginia! We enjoyed our stay!

• Stayed June 2014
Kasey R, Manager at Residence Inn Manassas Battlefield Park, responded to this review, July 3, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to share your recent expereince at the Residence Inn Manassas, and for scoring our property a 5/5. I am looking forward to sharing your kind comments with Jerome, and the rest of my team. I am so happy you enjoyed your stay, and look forward to serving you when your travels bring you back to Manassas.
Dallas, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2014

Very nice stay all around, from customer service to the breakfast in the morning. So glad the Marriot chain started offering a choice in pillows and updated their bedding. I have never been a fan of Marriot but I think this place may be swaying my opinion.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Chris C, General Manager at Residence Inn Manassas Battlefield Park, responded to this review, June 19, 2014
Thank you for staying with us at the Residence Inn Manassas and taking the time to share your kind words about our hotel. I am glad to hear that we met or even exceeded your expectations. I will share your comments with our team. Thank you again and we hope to see you on your next visit to Manassas, Virginia.

Emmaus, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2014

This was my first time here at this residence inn.This one the room was fine very little noise and breakfast very good.
Some cons Have to wait at front desk for service but they told me they were short staffed the room was cleaned and the bathroom in this case was spotless and no streaks on the glass.
The kitchens were recently renovated and there is a smaller refrigerator in the larger space but as for everything else this hotel is a good value
Staff very friendly and willing to help.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Chris C, General Manager at Residence Inn Manassas Battlefield Park, responded to this review, June 17, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. We appreciate your feedback and will share your comments with our team. Thank you again and we look forward to your next visit to the Residence Inn Manassas.

Wilson, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2014

From the front door, the clerk coming around the counter to hand me the key, to the room being excellent to, no noise, peace, decor and convenience of the stores and restaurants I left so rested. I am appreciative and will go back.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
Kasey R, Manager at Residence Inn Manassas Battlefield Park, responded to this review, June 3, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to share your recent experience with us. We are so happy that you enjoyed your stay with us. Thank you for your kind words, and for giving our hotel great feedback. I will share your kind comments with our team.

We look forward to serving you again when your travels bring you back to the area.

Thank you.
Chicago suburbs
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2014

I stay here once or twice per year and have commented before. The rooms have newer carpeting which is nice and the linens have always been clean. But the housekeeping isn't exactly top notch and there are all sorts of spot in the rooms that could have been cleaned better. The toilet seats in particular are well past their intended life and are streaked with stains from cleaning chemicals. The room prices are on the high side and are actually overpriced for what you get. That's based upon staying at enough Marriott properties to maintain a gold membership each year.

The staff are friendly, but not as knowledgeable as they should be. Friendliness doesn't make up for a lack of service. The lady working on the breakfast shift failed to empty the overflowing garbage can on all three days we stayed there. All three days went without metal forks which is kind of difficult when you have to use plastic forks for cutting through the waffles. Nonetheless, she was indeed pleasant.

I waited at the front desk for about 15 minutes in order to pay for 3 bottles of water as another guest was arguing about something. When the front desk person got around to addressing me, then the phone rang. She answered that and was on the phone for a few minutes. After all that waiting, I asked her if water was free for gold members and she said no. I thought after all that waiting and after spending over $600 for lodging that it was a rather trite thing to do to still charge for 50 cents worth of water after keeping me waiting for so long. Just another area where more training is needed. On most occasions I needed to peek around the corner into the staff office in order to get service when I went down to the front desk. On far too many occasions, the staff were either talking amongst themselves or with guests who sometimes appeared to be friends of theirs.

I took our kids to the Manassas Battlefield Park which is just a few miles north from this property. The front desk staff barely knew anything about the park. Again, more training is needed.

To summarize-- pleasant staff, but lacking in hospitality skills, especially as compared to many of the other Marriott type of properties, and a lack of any special perks for gold members.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Chris C, General Manager at Residence Inn Manassas Battlefield Park, responded to this review, May 13, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to fill out a survey about your recent stay. I have reveiewed you comments with our staff and will be using them during our ongoing training process. At the Residence Inn Manassas, as well as all Marriott properties, we strive to make every stay a memorable experience. I apologize on behalf of all the staff that we did not provide that for you.

Please contact me directly when making your next reservation. We hope that we get the opportunity to host your family again.

If I can be of any assistance to you please do not hesitate to contact me directly at the hotel.

Warm Regards.

Been to Residence Inn Manassas Battlefield Park? Share your experiences!