“I'll be back......” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #8 of 19 hotels in Manassas
Oslo, Norway
“I'll be back......”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2012

Good service, friendly staff, nice rooms. I will definetely use this hotel more... My room even had a fireplace! Well equipped kitchen, well furnished room.... It is close to Dulles Airport, and is a good start point for trips to DC (mind the rush hours), as well to the Blue Ridge mountains......

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business

78 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Greensboro, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2012

I just got home from a business trip to Manassas and really enjoyed my stay at this hotel. My coworker and I shared a 2 bedroom suite and found it had plenty of room. The kitchen was handy, room well furnished, and beds comfortable. We had 3 flat screen TVs to choose from. The weekend breakfast was excellent, the weekdays very good.

I hope to not return to the Manassas area anytime soon, but if I do, this will be my hotel of choice.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Shawn M, General Manager at Residence Inn Manassas Battlefield Park, responded to this review, February 13, 2013
AndeeDawn,

It is always nice to hear from guests who stay with us due to work assignments. I'm glad to hear you and your co-worker were able to enjoy your room while able to maintain your privacy.
Santa Monica, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2012

The Residence Inn is a dog-friendly, mid-priced hotel near Manassas. It is only 20 minutes or so from Washington Dulles airport, and a day trip into Washington DC is easy to plan from here. (Note: the rush hour traffic into DC in the morning and out towards Manassas in the evening can be severe, so plan accordingly. Even going to Dulles during rush hour took an extra 10 - 15 minutes for us.) As for the hotel itself, it is about par for a large chain - clean rooms with uninspired decor. The hotel has a pool and other amenities. Our room was a suite with a full service kitchen, including stove, microwave, coffee maker, plates, glasses, utensils, etc. The hotel staff is friendly and they do their best to help you out. We arrived early in the morning and wanted to sleep after the overnight flight, so they found a room for us at no extra cost. Note - if you do bring your dog, there is an extra charge.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
jdvanvalin,

A well rested guest is a happy guest! I am happy to hear we were able to accommodate you upon your early arrival. Thank you for your kind review. We hope to see you again soon!
New York City, New York
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2012

I made reservations in March at this hotel for a family wedding in October. I received a call in September asking if I would mind staying at another location because they have overbooked. I said no because we wanted to stay with our family, were taking a shuttle from this location to the wedding, and had no car with us. They said that they would change our reservation to a one bedroom from a two, and even sent us a confirmation. Upon arrival we were told that we had no room, and we would have to stay across the street. i would never stay at this property or any other Residence Inn again.

Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Shawn M, General Manager at Residence Inn Manassas Battlefield Park, responded to this review, October 15, 2012
Dear Diski08,

I can empathize with your frustration and please know that having to displace any guest is not our intention. While we did try to accommodate all of the wedding party, we obviously failed in exceeding your expectations. We do apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused you and your guests. We hope you reconsider our facility on your next trip to the Manassas area.
Eden, NY
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2012

I can't say enough about how well we were treated. I was part of a group there for a wedding and they were so curtious and allowed us to bring in our own beer and gather together in their lobby room in the evening. This was great because the guests were from all over the country. Our suite was wonderful and everything CLEAN and inviting. They offered a complete breakfast every morning which I have never had before. WONDERFUL !!!!! The rates were reasonable and I would recommend this to anyone. If I ever go again, I would definitely make my reservation there.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Syosset, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2012

My wife, two grown children and I had to go to Manassas for a family funeral. A number of our family members also booked here. Obviously, it was short notice, but they were able to accommodate us all. We arrived at noon. Checkin time is 3:00. No double rooms were ready yet. We explained to the desk clerk that the wake was beginning at 2:00. The clerk got right on the phone, and had housekeeping expedite a room that had just been vacated. We were in the room in about 15 minutes. Every employee that we dealt with was very friendly.

The rooms are not large, but they're well planned. It's spacious where you need it, and not spacious where you don't. The bedrooms are small and the dresser space is limited. The kitchen is completely satisfactory. Full size refrigerator, four burner stove and plenty of cabinet space. You get a real coffee maker and real coffee in the room, and there is always fresh coffee available at the desk. The breakfast (included) is better than what we'd expected. The food is plentiful. There are three tv's in the suite, one in each bedroom, and one in the living room.

We didn't check out the pool or any other facilities, as we were there for a short stay, and were out of the hotel most of the time.

Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Annapolis, Maryland
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2012

I made reservations about a week in advance of our stay. The day before our trip I received a call from the manager, Andre, that they were overbooked and he had made reservations for us at another Marriott property for the same price. He was apologetic and asked if that this change was ok. We really did not have a choice as I was unable to search for a new hotel and was just glad they notified us before arrival to Manassas.

When we arrived at the new hotel we were told that the Residence Inn had made the reservation for a double bed room and that they were at capacity now also. Double beds are not acceptable if your standard request as a rewards member is a king. Fortunately the new property did some changes and changed our room to a king.

Room Tip: Do not use as a brief stay hotel. They are an "extended stay" and will bump you for a sho...