“Just like Olive Garden” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Reservations
Manassas, Virginia
“Just like Olive Garden”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2012

The food is the same as any other Olive Garden so if you want to have something you already know then this is the place for you. Red Lobster is right next door and is just as good.

Visited June 2012

Virginia
“What a different a server makes...”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2012

We've been twice in the past two months, and it was like night and day service, but you can't fault the plentiful breadsticks, salad and ample portions. The portions are smaller than they used to be, but fill up on salad and order a share-appetizer and you will be fine and maybe even have some to take home. The wine selection and paring suggestions are great, and they will honor substitutions in the dishes.

We were actually waited on by the chef at first visit of the month, and he was a doll - serving me a nice Tour of Italy with a special substitution because I couldn't make up our mind, and our server came by often to refill drinks and check on us. The last visit, our server was MIA most of the time, and I had to flag down someone else's server for napkins and refills - and it wasn't busy.

There was someone loudly talking on her cellphone right behind my head at the table behind me, which isn't the restaurant's fault, but super rude, and I almost said something. Dinner out is expensive enough not to have optimal service and an optimal experience, so it would be nice when the restaurant isn't busy to spread out diners better - we never go to restaurants when it's busy so that we don't have to dine while shouting to each other.

Visited September 2012
Manassas, Virginia
“It's a chain, but it's still good.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2012

People say that Olive Garden (or the OG as I call it) is overhyped, mainstream, tacky Italian food. But you know what, it would not be such a popular place if it weren't so good either. The truth is, OG is a guilty pleasure for me. I hate to admit it (because I love to go to upscale, unique Italian bistros) but I truly do love their menu.

This place was recently redone, so it looks a bit nicer. The hosts and wait staff are meh, nothing special or engaging. They suffer from "I work in a chain, no one cares about me or my attitude" syndrome. It may just be an in-between job, but your TIP will be bigger if you dazzle me and treat me well.

You can't really beat the value and the food, but this location gets so busy so quickly that it can be annoying. They don't have an organized system or large area to wait in, so people are strewn about outside waiting for their tables. Otherwise, no complaints really. Just go for the classically good food, not the service or the ambiance.

• Visited August 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Lexington, Massachusetts
“Better than you might expect from a chain”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2012

Friendly, helpful service - especially when faced with two tired children! Recommend the fettucine alfredo, and of course the salad and bread.

Visited June 2012
West Jefferson, NC
“Great food, excellent server!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2012

We hadn't been to an Olive Garden in a long time since there is not one where we live. The seafood di mare was delicious, very fresh. Our server Bryan was very knowledgable and friendly; he made our lunch very special. The prices were reasonable, and the chianti .... ah! Located near the interstate and lots of parking.

Visited August 2012