“Yummy Blackened salmon!” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“Yummy Blackened salmon!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2013

The Blackened Salmon and cup of gumbo hit the spot. Food came quickly. Music was good. Everything else just OK.

Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Good spicy cajun flavor”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2013

We visited on a Friday night and had perfect weather to sit outside. They had live music which made for a nice evening atmosphere.
Service (hostesses, food delivery) was great except for our actual server who was definitely not a conversationalist and wouldn't win any awards for enthusiasm. About the only sentence he used...four times...was "Everything good?" A man of many words.
The firecracker shrimp and fried okra starters were both good. The husband got the half po boy sandwich with a cup of gumbo soup and said he'd order them again. Portions seemed a little small but we did leave satisfied.
We'll visit again. Definitely recommend.

Northern Virginia
“Good cajun food in Virginia”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2013

This is a very good Cajun restaurant in Manassas, VA. I grew up in Louisiana so I've had good cajun food. If you live in New Orleans you may be able to find better, but for those of us who don't this is about as good as you can expect. The seasoning is good and spicy, reminds me of living in New Iberia and Lafayette. I've only had the crawfish etouffee and fried okra, but my wife had the red beans and rice and loved it. I was skeptical of a Cajun restaurant outside Louisiana but this one surprised me. The atmosphere is good and the location is in old town Manassas near the train station. The Manassas Civil War Museum just a couple blocks away. Okra's prices are very fair so give it a try if you're in the area.

• 5 of 5 stars Food
MANASSAS
“Nice portions, good food, decent prices”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2013

Enjoyed the atmosphere. Food was better than average - I would not recommend the tiramisu though. I like real sweetened iced tea but I'd say stay away from it unless you want a sugar overdose.

Manassas, Virginia
“I keep trying”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2013

We've been here a few times. Every time I've been disappointed. The food is so so. The service each time was horrible, but the atmosphere is nice. Especially when they are open on the street. So I think thats what brings people in more than anything else. I'm married to a cajun, so we know real cajun food. I really wish the food and service were better. I'm sure we'll give it another shot one day. Maybe then my rating can go up.

Visited October 2012