“Fantastic Cuisine!” 5 of 5 stars

571-208-1246
Website
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Malones of Manassas is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #2 of 240 Restaurants in Manassas
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Late Night
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Church St
Description: A contemporary american restaurant with regional influences.
“Fantastic Cuisine!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2013

I took my husband here for his birthday and Malones did NOT disappoint! I got a glass of the sangria which in my opinion wasn't all that great...but then again, nothing compares to homemade sangria (unless you go to Carmellos, their sangria is amazing!). The staff was able to help my husband select a beer he had never tried before. They were very knowledgeable about the both the drink and dinner menu. The service was outstanding, you couldn't ask for a more polite staff. Our food came out in a timely fashion. Everything that was supposed to come out hot, did which is what I would except from a high end restaurant.

We had the appetizer special which was ceviche...it was a good sized appetizer, served in an oversized martini glass. All the seafood had great flavor and the juices it was marinated in were perfect. My husband had the lame which had great flavor and was cooked exactly the way he asked for it- medium rare. I had the surf and turf...LOVED the filet, cooked to perfection...wonderful flavor. I love crab cakes but I was not a huge fan of theirs as I don't like them fried.

We both had dessert, I had the lemon tart with fresh fruit compote and my husband had the crème brulee. He also had the Irish coffee which was also very good.

The menu has a wide price range from $18 dinner all the way up to a $40 dinner. It may be a bit pricey to some...but I think it was worth it!

The atmosphere in the restaurant is great. Very romantic...I love the stone wall and the ambiance. The bar is beautiful and I can definitely see us hanging out there for happy hour sometime! They do have great happy hour specials...they are posted on their website.

Manassas, Virginia
“Add Malones to DC finest!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2013

A great atmosphere accompanied by excellent food and service. The entire staff is there to make sure our dining experience is exceptional! We will go back again and again!

Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Nice restaurant in Manassas”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2013 via mobile

There are very few places to go for a nice meal in Manassas. Malones is lovely. In Old Town Manassas in a converted church, it makes a gorgeous venue. The menu was fabulous and the service wonderful. A must go!!

“Good and Bad”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2013

Good: The cheesecake was phenomenal. The waiter was very helpful and knowledgeable. He was willing to make changes to accommodate our specific requests.
Bad: I ordered my steak medium rare, but it was more medium well. I'm not one to send back food when it is edible. It just throws off the dining experience for all in the party. So, I did not say anything. My creme brulee was the consistency of soup. My friend got the chicken special of the day- a boneless piece of chicken stuffed with herbs and a basil mousse. It was not very good and was certainly not a good value for the small amount you got.
The worst experience was the atmosphere. The bar area is in the dining area and some patrons were there just at the bar. It was loud and at a few times rowdy. This took away from the "fine dining" experience.

• 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Manassas, Virginia
“What a great place!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2013

We went to Malone's for the first time and it was awesome! Alison was our waitress and she was extremely nice and very attentive - in a good way. The food was fantastic! We had shrimp and grits for an appetizer. Awesome! Then my wife had scallops that were great and I had the special - pork loin medallions and mashed potatoes. I was not impressed with either separately. The pork seemed bland and the potatoes were a little bitter. But when you combined the flavors - Wow! They accompanied each other perfectly and were awesome! Finally, we shared the chocolate cake with ice cream and it was great. I think this will become our favorite restaurant. Every other place we've tried in Manassas has been mediocre at best. I just hope Malone's sticks around a while and the quality is maintained. Next time, hopefully, we'll be able to dine upstairs. It was closed for renovation/remodeling or something but is due to open soon.

• Visited July 2013