“Superb” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Takeout
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Superb”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2013

worth the line, the wait, the traffic. A community place where folks actually speak with one another. GREAT!

Visited June 2013

Centreville, Virginia
“Excellent ice cream - just don't pay attention to the location!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2013

Driving by Kline's, you would never think it had such great ice cream. The location is on a concrete hill next to a auto repair shop and it looks a little dumpy. The soft-serve ice cream, however, is fabulous - creamy and delicious. The portions are big, the prices are really good and the variety is awesome - everything from plain dipped cones to Boston shakes to wonderful Chillers. There are so many mix-ins you can put in your Chiller and there are so many dip flavors, it's hard to pick just one. There are usually lines because it's so popular, but they do a great job of moving everyone through. There are plenty of picnic tables out back and it just feels so old-fashioned and fun to get your ice cream and sit out back on a Saturday night and feel the community spirit. Love this place!

Visited June 2013
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Kline's Freeze is a MUST stop if you are in the Manassas area!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2013

Kline's Freeze has exceptional ice cream and bunch of unique and yummy flavors to choose from. If I am being honest, I would give Nathan's Dairy Bar down the street the slight edge in terms of better ice cream, but Kline's is a close second. I would recommend the Boston Shake at Kline's; you pick what type of milkshake you want (I got oreo), then they put a sundae on top of that (I got cake batter). The prices are very reasonable for the portion size and great flavor. This is right off 28 and is definitely worth the stop. Better yet, give both Kline's and Nathan's a try and decide for yourself who has the better ice cream! Both are amazing in my book.

• Visited June 2013
Manassas, VA
“I think it's just ok.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2013

I like Kline's Freeze but I don't love Kline's Freeze because their ice cream isn't even premium ice cream for what you are paying. This place is always packed and there is generally a line but I'm just not getting it. The flavors are simple and nothing spectacular but it is good on a hot day.

What I do prefer getting over the ice cream here since I just can't bring myself to pay such a high price for low quality is the steak sub. Sure, it's like a whole lot of little minute steaks thrown on their little grill but I feel like I'm getting more bang for my buck with it and it's pretty tasty.

Visited September 2012
Manassas, Virginia
“Better Than Baskin-Robbins (In my opinion)”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2012

This little establishment is a local hot spot during the dog days of summer, but if you want some good ice cream say in Oct, such as I did, this is the place. They will be closing in November and reopen in March. This is a small ice cream shoppe that sells burgers, fries and other great sandwiches, which i have tried the hamburger. But my love for this place is for the soft serve ice cream. When I was young tastee freeze was popular and this shoppe takes me back to those days with the flavor and texture of their ice cream. I usually get the choclate and vanilla swirl or the turtle carmel sundae. If you are travelling along RT 28 thru Manassas, Kline Freeze sits on hill like a shining star calling all ice cream lovers to stop by. Great ice cream with quick and friendly service. Pics?? Are you kidding, it's ice cream - no time!! LOL

• Visited October 2012