“Great Find!” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Peruvian
Hendersonville, Tennessee, United States
“Great Find!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2013

We stopped here on our way between DC and Nashville. We originally exited because the sign said there was a Chick Fil A at the exit but after exiting we realized it was an additional mile and a half from the interstate lucky for us we passed Pollo Campero on the way there! We stopped since it is something different from what we have at home and I'm so glad we did. I had the grilled 1/4 chicken with their campero beans--both of which were so yummy. It was served with my choice of bread or tortillas and I opted to get the tortillas which were corn and served warm. They had a salsa bar where you could get your own salsas for adding to your sides. The campero beans were especially good when mixed with the onion/cilantro salsa! My husband got the equivalent of chicken nuggets with a side of rice. He enjoyed it but said my chicken looked better. You order at the counter like any fast food joint but then an employee delivers your food to the table and we were offered chips and salsa when she delivered it. The chips were adequate but nothing to write home about. What makes this place superior to other fast food chicken places is the style of chicken they serve--the grilled chicken was cooked just right--juicy and flavorful with just the right amount of seasoning. The choices of sides they offer are also much better than most fast food places. So glad we stopped here rather than continuing on to Chick Fil a!

• Visited August 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Manassas, Virginia
“A tiny change of pace...”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2012

This place opened up a few months ago, maybe a year. I had always been curious about going in to try their chicken, since they boast having the best Latin American chicken. So I finally went in yesterday, and it was pretty good. I wouldn't jump right to Earth shattering, but if you are looking for a change from the overly greased, tiny pieces of chicken at KFC, then I suggest giving this place shot. I got regular fried chicken (will try the grilled next time), which was not nearly as greasy as KFC, was seasoned nicely, and was juicy. I got a side of the black beans and rice (think Popeyes type of side) and a piece of bread. Overall, was pleased enough to return to try something else. The interior could use a little work in the sense that ordering is a hassle if you dont speak Spanish. It took a few minutes to get my order straight, and I realize it is a Latin American restaurant...But lets cut to the chase and recognize that it's in fast food heaven in Manassas.

I'll definitely try other menu items, and maybe my review will change!

• Visited September 2012