“My Daughter Begs to Eat Here” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #37 of 237 Restaurants in Manassas
Cuisines: Mexican
Front Royal
“My Daughter Begs to Eat Here”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2012

We found the restaurant at the recommendation of the Fairfield Inn~Manassas front desk staff. They were right about how fabulous the food is! We have returned numerous times for the very tasty, fresh, large portioned, reasonably priced food. Its a fun addition to be serenaded if you are a first time customer. Our personal favorite is the taco salad with the beef....so flavorful, a huge mound of tasty salad, rice, beans, cilantro, pico de gallo, and the fabulous green house dressing! We get a craving for the food and drive 45 minutes to get it. Wish there was a Cafe Rio in Front Royal, where we reside!

Visited February 2012

77% Recommend
Manassas, Virginia
“Chipotle meets Taco Bell”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2012

I was not really thrilled with this place. Everyone was excited when it opened, but it is really just like Chipotle; you walk through a line and pick what you want and they make it for you. The selection is a little different, and the food is certainly not bad, it's just not anything that really competes arguably with favorites like Chipotle, California Tortilla and Taco Bell, which are all within a 3 mile radius of each other. I encourage people to visit and try their spin on Tex-Mex, but not because it's anything you will never eat anywhere else or made to perfection. It's good, but not otherworldly or unique.

• Visited March 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Boones Mill, Virginia
“Neat place”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2012

I have never been to a Cafe Rio before, I am assuming this is a chain. Anyway, Pleasantly surprised with the many vegetarian options that were available. I got the salad, it was so good and I had to save half of it for the next day, large portions.
They will sing to you if you have never eaten there before or if you order something that they have a song made up for. Really cute.
The line did not move as fast as I would have liked, however, it was worth the wait as they grill mostly everything in front of you. Will definitely go again when I am in the area.

• Visited July 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Bristow, Virginia
“Not bad, for Virginia”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2012

Without a doubt, the best Tex-Mex is in the Mom and Pop places in Texas and Arizona (and probably New Mexico, but I've not eaten there). This place is as good as I've seen in Virginia though. I had enchiladas and the wife had the tacos (soft shell) and they were pretty good. Several different fillings - we had the chili beef in our main courses, and the pulled pork with our Nachos. Not bad but the pulled pork would have been better in something else, and the Nachos would have been better with the chili beef. You live and learn. Huge portions - we could not finish ours and if we go back, I'll forgo the appetizers, because it was just too much. Excellent showmanship among the cook staff and you get to watch everything getting prepared. The tortillas are home made and very good.

• Visited July 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Singapore
“First time visitor and loving it”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2012

I've only eaten here twice but both times were great! Loved the tostadas!

Visited May 2012