“CHEERS--WHERE EVERYBODY KNOWS YOUR NAME” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #35 of 235 restaurants in Manassas
Cuisines: American, Delicatessen, Fast Food, Sandwiches
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Delivery
Description: Made to order breakfast and Lunch items. We make almost everything in house using fresh ingredients and lots of TLC.
Manassas, Virginia
“CHEERS--WHERE EVERYBODY KNOWS YOUR NAME”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2013

Ever since we discovered the Deli Depot on Center Street in Manassas, Virginia, it just keeps calling us back. There is rarely a week that goes by that my wife and I don’t slip in for one of their delicious sandwiches or subs and their sweet potato fries. The latter are just to die for.

While I am trying to work my way through their extensive sandwich menu, my wife has decided for the moment that her favorite is a sub called, “The Streak.” The “Streak” is a combination of Baked Virginia ham, hot pepper relish, sautéed onions, cheddar cheese and mayo on a toasted sub roll—all for $6.99.

So far I have had the following sandwiches—“The Rip Van Winkle”, a classic Rueben with hot corned beef, Swiss cheese, sauerkraut and Thousand Island Dressing on Grilled Rye; the “City of New Orleans, smokey pulled barbeque pork, house made coleslaw (made by Joane or JoJo as she introduces herself) on a grilled Kaiser roll; the “Conductor’s Choice”, a combination of hot pastrami, corned beef, Swiss cheese, Cole slaw, Thousand Island dressing on grilled rye (you can have it on a sub roll if you wish); the “Adirondack, a combination of sliced turkey breast, provolone cheese, sliced tomato, coleslaw (the same house made slaw) and Thousand Island dressing on toasted whole wheat bread (you can have it on a sub roll). I have also had their chili on one other occasion. And I don’t think there is a time that we don’t have the sweet potato fries with ketchup—a single order is enough for two. Someday I’m going to go in and have nothing but a basket of sweet potato fries, ketchup, some Cole slaw and a cold soda—that’s how good they are.

Their sandwiches are absolutely overflowing with “The Works”—one of the reasons I generally have my sandwiches on bread rather than a sub roll. I don’t want the extra bread in a roll to interfere with the “stuffing” in the sandwich.

We haven’t been there for breakfast—too early for us but if breakfast is anything like the rest of the day, and I am sure it is, early risers get their fill.

As I have said before, this little deli tucked into a strip mall, is the place you have always looked for. If it was a bar, it would be called “Cheers”, where everybody knows your name. And if you enjoy a good give and take repartee, then be prepared to take on JoJo or the owner Art McCrea. They’re give and take will lighten your day. An example—my wife and I went to lunch there today, March 8, 2013 and when Art saw us drive up, he slipped over and locked the door and turned off the lights. When I pulled on the door and told my wife it was locked, I thought the place was closed or we were at the wrong door. As we turned to leave, Art burst through the door laughing so hard he was almost crying. And my wife and I nearly fell over laughing also.

So go there, stuff yourself with some really good food that Sean or Art put together and take time for a couple of great laughs. The next time you come back they will remember you. Oh, and if you decide to become a regular, sign up for their Appreciation Card—for every $100 you spend, you get $10 off on your next order.

PS—they also cater—breakfast and lunch. All reports are that they do it up right.

• Visited March 2013

100% Recommend
Sisters, OR
“Great folks, Great food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2013

Delicious home made Deli-style cuisine, friendly service, all American atmosphere. Great for lunch or breakfast.

• Visited December 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Manassas, Virginia, United States
“Just a great deli.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2013

Walk in, Art will introduce himself, learn your name, and remember you. Forever. Most personable service around town. Great sandwiches (the reuben blows my mind). If they haven't sold out for the day, get the homemade beef jerky and the bread pudding. Both are unmatched. This place is a great alternative to the prepackaged franchise restaurants plaguing northern Virginia.

• Visited January 2013
Manassas, Virginia
“It just keeps calling me back”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2013

I just can't seem to stay away from the Deli Depot--it just is too good to stay away from. My oldest son and I went there for lunch today and both of us had one of the specials--hot Pastrami on grilled rye bread with melted cheese, a pickle and a side of cole slaw. I gotta say just one thing--WOW! Much like a Rueben they make, which is out of this world, just no sour kraut. And the cole slaw? Well, if someone makes it any better, I haven't found it yet. --cold, crisp and just the right amount of dressing--not dripping in it, just moist.

One of the many things I like about the Deli Depot is the repartee-you better be on your toes because it can come fast and funny. As I have said before, this is the kind of thing that makes it seem like home and family. Oh, you can come in and order something and eat in or take it out but if you don't participate in the conversation with Art and his folks, you have missed a good piece of the dining experience. They aren't "blood" but they are close. As the the Terminator says, "I'll be back!"

• Visited January 2013
Manassas, Virginia
“Back to the Deli Depot--good food, good prices and it feels like home”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2012

We like coming to this little deli tucked in a strip mall that you could easly miss but somehow folks seem to find it. The staff there always welcomes you and makes you feel like you are one of the family. I had a roast turkey sandwich with stuffing and cranberry sauce on rye and french fried sweet potatoes. Te sandwich was STUFFED with roast turkey breast and stuffing. My wife had a ham, cheddar, sauted onions and hot pepper relish sub sandwich called The Streak. We never leave anything on the plate and we always leave with a satisfied smile on our faces. W keep coming back and we haven't had a bad meal yet. I don't believe they could make a bad meal if they tried. You gotta try this place--it is just plain fun and the food is great.

• Visited November 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
DA M, Owner at Deli Depot, responded to this review, November 16, 2012
Thank you sir for the awesome review, its always a pleasure serving our customers. We do our best to provide the best food and the best service. Hope to see again soon. Deli Depot