“Small restaurant, but good food!” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Greek
Dining options: Reservations, Late Night
Dining options: Reservations, Late Night
Manassas, VA
“Small restaurant, but good food!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2013

We went for our first time in July 21, 2013. Great little place, mostly Greek food. More upscale than Ashton Diner, and food quality better, but higher priced. We just had iced tea with a couple appetizers, bruschetta and marinated octopus. Both delicious! We ordered just one entrée, the Taste of Greece since it gives you smaller portions of 3 different entrees with a salad. Great stuff! Then of course we finished it off with the cliché but tasty baklava for dessert. Total came to $47.79 plus tip. Less formal setting, more conducive to children and casual dining. Our waitress Mayia was very pleasant and great.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

94% Recommend
High Point, NC
“Good Dinner”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2013 via mobile

I stopped I on a Thursday evening without a reservation around 7:30. I was lucky and got a table as the place is small and they were almost full. The waitress was very informative about the menu and the various specials and helped me to select one of the lamb dishes that was a special that night. The dish came with a Greek salad and roasted Greek potatoes. It had a wine reduction sauce with vegetables and it was all very good. Even the house red wine was good as they did not have a large selection by the glass. The service was very good and it seemed that everyone was helping each table as necessary. The food came out very quickly and service was good throughout the meal. Dinner ranged from around $15 to $25 and they also had salads or lighter fare available. Overall a very enjoyable meal and everyone that I asked had nothing but good things to say about Katerina's.

Visited August 2013
Northern VA
“Authentic and Delicious”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2013

Katerina's never disappoints. I have been several times and each time is amazing. They import their feta, olive oil, and oregano from Greece so everything tastes fresh. I have tried everything on the menu. Yes everything and nothing disappoints. The actual restaurant is small only 10 tables so go at off times or make a reservation. Sometimes even when you make a reservation you still have to wait but it is so worth it!

Visited July 2013
Bethesda, Maryland
“Best Greek Food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2013

We were driving through Manassas on the way back to DC from a trip. So fortunate to find Katerina's. Delicious homemade food with excellent, friendly service. We had multiple appetizers. The tzatzeki was the best I have ever eaten, and I often make it at home. Dolmas, hummus and eggplant dip (served with warm pita) all wonderful. We also enjoyed a lamb kapama special, a shank stewed with vegetables that was served tender and falling off the bone. The house dessert of phyllo stuffed with custard and sprinkled with cinnamon was also delicious. We look forward to making special trips from DC to eat at Katerina's again.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Herndon, Virginia
“Great Greek Cuisine”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2013

My husband and I decided to try Katerina's for lunch after reading reviews on TA. When we arrived, we didn't see parking for the restaurant, so I called. They told me that they have an agreement with the BB&T bank and we could park there. Once we were seated, our server, Andrew, immediately appeared to take our drink orders. I asked if they had Greek coffee. They don't, but they do offer espresso drinks. We ordered the combination of three appetizers, Meliganosalata (eggplant spread), Tzatziki (cucumber spread), and Mediterranean Olive spread served with pita bread. There were large portions of each spread and plenty of warm fresh pita. Delicious. Next, we ordered the Saganaki (flamed cheese) served with pita. It was perfectly cooked. Again - delicious. We had about half of the spreads and pita left which we decided to take home, along with an order of the "Taste of Greece" to have for dinner. The Taste of Greece included a Greek salad, Moussaka, Pastitsio and Spanakopita, perfect for splitting. Everything was excellent and we will return. They only serve beer and wine, so no Ouzo.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere