“Perfect Food” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Reservations, Late Night
Charlottesville
“Perfect Food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2012

Mousaka, Dolmades, Spanakopita -- each incredibly light, airy, and layered with exciting flavors. The Shrimp Saganaki and Shrimp Korfu are equally impressive. Although difficult, definitely save room for the Galaktoboureko -- an ethereal custard, protected by layers of perfect filo, bathed in a citrus/honey sauce. From start to finish, everything was perfect.

Visited November 2012

Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
“Maybe the Best Greek Food Ever!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2012

At first we were slightly put off by what we thought was an excessive corkage fee but very soon moved way beyond that! The Spanakopita was by far the best I've ever had (apologies to my hometown favorite restaurant), the Gyros and greek dessert - again - the best I've ever had. Regarding the wine, while we did bring our own in spite of the corkage fee, the owner came over and offered us all a glass of his menu favorite wine - which was great. The whole resturant was hospitable, warm and friendly with outstanding food!. Our group ranked it our best meal in Manassas Junction.

Visited October 2012
Bealeton, Virginia
“STILL #1 FOR GREEK CUISINE IN MY BOOK”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2012

Tonight we gambled and won!! Normally Friday nights are a line to get in... tonight we walked right in around 6pm. Faster than normal food delivery made it much more pleasant too. We enjoyed a panni Ruben and two gyro platters with an appetizer of calamari everything was perfect. Got two orders of baklava to go, was kind of shocked that it was $5.25 for each one since most of the other prices are very reasonable. Will research a bit but taking in account the other prices I just thought it would be between $3.50 - $4

Other than a small case of sticker shock I will return.... great food and generous portions too!! Reservations are available for parties of 5 or larger only.

• Visited October 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“As good as your going to get without a flight”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2012

We discovered this little gem over a year ago. To be honest we miss the days when it was just that now getting a table on weekend nights can be difficult. It is still worth it. The owner is wonderful and always working so hard to keep the food authentic and good. We love the dolmades and the pistisio is some of the best we have had. Having just returned from Greece for 6 weeks Katerina's holds the bar high with respect to their food.

I hope this wonderful little place stays authentic and can handle the crowds without losing it's quality. Time will tell but I am keeping my fingers crossed.

• Visited September 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Florida City, Florida
“Good Greek Food for the price”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2012

The restaurant was crowded and understaffed. I ordered the Gyro platter which was disappointing because the meat is pre ordered and not made at the restaurant ( it was cooked at the restaurant but the meat was made by another company). I requested an additional ziziki sauce and they slapped me with a dollar extra without telling i will cost more. The extra ziziki sauce was not more than 2 oz. I don't mind paying the money if I was told before hand that it will cost the extra buck. The tables are stacked like sardines with less than a foot between them so it was as life you are dining with everyone and hearing everyone conversation. Over all, it was good but I had better in Athens, Greece and at my home town. The waiter was friendly and courteous. I recommend the restaurant for anyone who wants to try Greek food.

• Visited September 2012