“Great staff, Clean room in a busy place!” 4 of 5 stars

Red Roof PLUS+ Washington DC - Manassas
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   10610 Automotive Drive, Manassas, VA 20109   |
Ranked #10 of 19 hotels in Manassas
Toronto, Canada
“Great staff, Clean room in a busy place!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2013

We didn't have a reservation with this hotel but walked in at about 11 pm after an unexpected series of events left us without a place to sleep for the night. We got a King Standard, walk in, at a great rate. The desk clerk was wonderful; friendly and quite helpful.

The room was really nice and clean. And, given how busy the area is, the room and hotel were lovely and quiet.

We had a great sleep (and the dogs enjoyed it too!).

We want to give a special shout out to Red Roof for allowing dogs to stay at their hotels. We ARE responsible dog owners (we keep our dogs on a leash, monitor them in the room, pick up after them in the parking lot and on the grounds, carry a sheet to put over the bedspread in the room because of course they always jump up) and we really appreciate the policy that Red Roof has.

We know that there are a lot of dog owners who make it bad for others like us and just want Red Roof to know that we are loyal customers; we don't get a dirty or smelly room (we are also adamant NON smokers) just because we have dogs.

THANK YOU RED ROOF!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
rrimanassas, General Manager at Red Roof PLUS+ Washington DC - Manassas, responded to this review, November 5, 2013
Thank you for your feedback regarding your stay. We appreciate your comments on our staff and room. Red Roof Inn loves pets! We look forward to seeing you again the next time you travel to Manassas.

69 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Augusta, GA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2013 via mobile

You really get what you pay for...nothing new to mention that hasn't been said. Appeared to be a work crew or two staying here. Everything quiet when i arrived at 10pm. Updated laminate floors, desk, sink area and bed. Good location. I could see 66, but never heard the traffic. Places to eat conveniently close.

Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Thanks for your feedback regarding your stay. We appreciate your comments on our renovated rooms. We look forward to seeing you again the next time you travel to Manassas.
Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2013

This recently renovated site was attractive and very clean. We were especially loving the special attention housekeeping (Mildred) had given to room prep - the towels/wash-clothes were attractively displayed the way stagers do it when preparing homes for sale. We were on the 2nd floor and you could hear the people above, but it didn't last long. Next time I'll choose the top level with nobody overhead since there is elevator access. The location is convenient to stores, gas, restaurants. This was a good choice.

Room Tip: It's 3 levels but don't worry about accessing upper floors. There's an elevator
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your feedback regarding your stay. I appreciate your comments on our renovated rooms and staff member Mildred. We hope to see you again the next time your travels bring you to Manassas.
High Point NC
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2013

I viewed the pics of the room renovation online and booked the room for a 1 night business stay. The rate was cheap, it was in a great location close to many restaurants & shopping. I really liked the laminate floors as I always wear socks in hotel rooms because I wonder how often or if they ever clean those carpets.....anyway, I got a little concerned when I pulled in and there were more 18 wheelers and work trucks than cars but no issues. There is no elevator so lugged my bags up to 2nd floor. My room was facing the road....IT WAS AS IF THE FRONT DOOR WAS OPEN! I'm a light sleeper so this was a real problem for me.Bed was comfy, pillows great. I would stay here again but get a room facing the parking lot. Outside still needs some more updating, including getting the cigarette smell out of the stairwell. Great for the place for a 1 nighter.

Room Tip: Get a room that DOES NOT face the street. It is very noisy.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for your feedback regarding your stay. We appreciate your comment on the laminate floor in our renovated rooms. We look forward to seeing you again the next time your travels bring you to Manassas.
Washington DC, District of Columbia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2013

This hotel has recently been renovated and they've done a pretty good job of it, considering. It has gone to a 100% smoke-free policy, which I imagine forced them to do the remodel. My room was painted, new(er) furniture/bathroom sink area, and a laminate hardwood floor instead of carpet - which is awesome, IMO, because I have allergies. You could vaguely tell that the room had previously been "smoking" - and when I came home after a two night stay the smell was in everything, albeit slightly, and it didn't really affect my allergies while I was staying in the room. Any ex or non-smoker knows that the only way to get rid of the smell is to strip everything back to the studs and start over again, anyway.
The room was clean and the bed fairly comfortable. The wifi was slow but adequate. It's missing amenities like a hair dryer and iron, but really, for the price - who cares?
The staff member at the front desk was very kind and polite. My stay was quiet and I would definitely consider staying there again.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
Thanks for your feedback regarding your stay. We appreciate your comments on our smoke free renovated room and front desk staff member. We look forward to seeing you again the next time your travels bring you to Manassas.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2013

I stayed there only one night but if I will need a place kind of close to dullus int airport I would go back there!!!! They have free park and free wifi!! Room are big and really clean and new!!
There is no breakfast but there is a mc donald and other fast food on front of it!!!

• Stayed January 2013
rrimanassas, Manager at Red Roof PLUS+ Washington DC - Manassas, responded to this review, January 20, 2013
Thank you for the positive feedback regarding your stay We appreciate your comments and hope to see you again the next time you pass through Manassas.
New Haven, Connecticut, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2012

The hotel has recently gone through a remodel and it still has that new smell! We could smell the fresh wood floor when we walked in our room.

The hotel was extremely clean and I have to kudos the pillows. Hotel pillows are usually way to soft for me but they one soft and one firm pillow on each bed. I took the firm and my husband took the soft - everyone's happy! The staff was very friendly and willing to help. I like how they took pride in keeping the location clean (we saw someone outside during the day at all hours keeping the lot and common areas clean. Besides no fridge or microwave, there also is no ironing board or iron in the room. You'll have to go to the front desk and they will give you one. Not a big deal but a little inconveniencing if you don't notice it until your are just out of the shower...

Although there are several hotels around this one, you won't see this hotel listed on the signs as you approach the exits, you won't see it on the signs at the bottom of the exit ramp or anywhere else. If you don't have a gps with directions you won't find it tucked behind two gas stations. There is a Golden Corral VERY close to the hotel so if you are looking for cheap, good food - that's it.

I think this is because they just remodeled but there were old mattresses piled underneath stairwells. The images I saw of what the rooms looked like had a fridge and microwave in the pictures, however, our room didn't have that. I had to go to the front desk and have them heat some food for me since there wasn't a microwave out for usage by guests.

The hotel is about 20-25 minutes outside of Dulles airport. It's maybe 10-15 minutes to a local shopping area that also has Target. Overall for a 2 star hotel I think it was very nice. We stayed over the Thanksgiving holiday.

Room Tip: If you don't have a fridge and microwave in your room, ask before you settle in.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for the feedback regarding your stay. We appreciate your comments and hope to see you the next time you travel to Manassas.