“Best value in town” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #10 of 19 hotels in Manassas
Southport, Nc
“Best value in town”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2012

Hotel rooms and lobby were renovated in the last 6 months. Beds were comfortable, rooms were quiet; bathrooms were also remodeled and functioned well. Air conditioner was VERY quiet. Room refrigerators lacked freezer space. No breakfast but we enjoyed breakfast at Denny's and had very good dinners at City Grille--a short walk across the parking lot. The room was the best value in the area.

Room Tip: Ask for room away from Route 66; it's quiet.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
rrimanassas, Manager at Red Roof PLUS+ Washington DC - Manassas, responded to this review, January 20, 2013
Thank you for the feedback regarding your stay. We appreciate your comments and hope to see you the next time you travel to Manassas.

70 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Leeds
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2012

The room was the usual red roof inn quality... with all the usual equipment....

The AC is unfortunately noisy, you can't sleep with it on!

The hotel is relatively close to IAD, but note the traffic is quite high even at 6:30-7 am! So allocate at least 30 mins to the airport.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for the feedback regarding your stay. We appreciate your comments and look forward to seeing you the next time you travel to Manassas.
Ormond Beach, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2012

Room had been completely updated and was very clean. Front desk staff were friendly and helpful. Lots of eating choices are within easy driving distance. It seemed like a busy inn, so I would recommend making a reservation.

Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
rrimanassas, Manager at Red Roof PLUS+ Washington DC - Manassas, responded to this review, July 27, 2012
Thank you for the positive feedback regarding your stay. We appreciate your comments and hope to see again the next time you pass through Manassas.
Marshall, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2012

In early July, we were victims of a very bad storm that knocked out electricity in thousands of homes and businesses. We searched for hours for a hotel finding all hotels booked solid. We left our name with Jean, the Desk Manager at the Red Roof. She said she'd call us if a room opened up. Even the Inn was having issues with their office systems, but this didn't keep Jean from being both cheerful and helpful in the face of challenges. We were so thankful when Jean called and said "I have a room for you." The room was neat and clean. We could even bring our two dogs. Thank you again JEAN!!

Room Tip: Rooms off streetside are quieter.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
rrimanassas, Manager at Red Roof PLUS+ Washington DC - Manassas, responded to this review, July 23, 2012
Thank you so much for your review. I am glad Jeanne was able to secure a room for you after that dreadful storm. I will be sure to commend Jeanne for the outstanding service she provided. Thank you again we appreciate your business.
Penryn, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2012

Although I booked on Priceline and paid, I didn't stay. I drove up and there were a group of people drinking beer on the 2nd floor balcony. Others were running around in their "nighties." Um...left and stayed at a nearby hotel. It didn't feel safe.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled solo
rrimanassas, Manager at Red Roof PLUS+ Washington DC - Manassas, responded to this review, July 24, 2012
Thank you for your response. I appreciate your comments regarding the Washington DC - Manassas Red Roof Inn. I am sorry that your experience did not meet your expectations. Please accept my sincerest apology for the actions of the people you commented about. Thanks you again for your response.
holly springs
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2012

The room looked freshly redone, was quite nice and included a safe in the room. It smelled fresh and clean. The staff was very nice. I was there on a weekend and it was quiet. The room doors are to the outside and it has an elevator, that was a plus. I would stay again.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled solo
Thank you for the positive feedback regarding your stay. We appreciate your comments and hope to see you again the next time you pass through Manassas.
Provo, UT
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2012

I booked my room online about a month before my trip. When I arrived, I was slightly nervous about having exterior doors (I prefer a closed hotel environment), but overall I had excellent customer service and a great stay. I had a king bed, nonsmoking room. As I entered the room, I could smell stale smoke. I called the desk and they moved me into an equivalent room immediately, no questions asked.

My second room was clean and met all of my expectations for both the bed, professional desk (nice bonus I wasn't counting on), and bathroom.

Excellent freeway and food access.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for your feedback regarding your stay. I am glad we were able to immediately take care of the smoking smell issue. We appreciate your comments and hope to see you again next time you pass through Manassas.

Been to Red Roof PLUS+ Washington DC - Manassas? Share your experiences!