“Great Place!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #4 of 19 Hotels in Manassas
New Jersey
“Great Place!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2013

Recently took another trip to VA from NJ. I had come in September and stayed at the Holiday Inn. It was an okay hotel but standard, typical. The Comfort Suites is a great hotel. It is welcoming, inviting. The room was large. I was sorry I only had to stay one night. I would have loved to take advantage of everything it had to offer. When we checked in, which was nearly 2:00 am, the clerk was attentive, check-in was quick and the room temperature, smell was surprising. Usually when I check in the room has that stale smell and it's hot. But it was just right. The clerk told us at check-in they had free HOT breakfast. And when I went for my morning coffee, they even boiled eggs. Very good service. Great hotel. Will stay there every chance I get when I travel to Manassas.

Room Tip: The suites have a couch and seem much more spacious and they don't have that door that sometimes...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
Marina R, Front Office Manager at Comfort Suites Manassas Battlefield Park, responded to this review, October 31, 2013
Thank you for the kind comments, especially pointing out our hotel is a great hotel. I am pleased to read you found the hotel clean and our team friendly and accommodating. It’s wonderful to hear that you enjoyed our breakfast and that our hotel has a wonderful clean smell, thanks to our awesome housekeeping department. I hope to see you again soon and hope you can stay longer and enjoy our fitness center and indoor heated pool. We look forward to seeing you soon and welcome you back!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
Upper Sandusky, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2013

Nice room on 3rd floor M/W,Fridge 2 queen beds and a sofa. Like the sink being seperate from bathing area. Nice fireplace and nice big breakfast area. Like the sliding entrance doors for easy entering with a luggage cart. Great breakfast. Room had a big red spot on the carpet in front of fridge. Probably from spilled red pop.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Marina R, Front Office Manager at Comfort Suites Manassas Battlefield Park, responded to this review, October 23, 2013
Thank you so much for your review on Trip Advisor, I am glad you had a wonderful stay here with us in Manassas and I hope you visit us soon again. Thank you
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2013

I stayed here at the last minute because the Residence Inn would not accept my dog even though they said they would. I just moved here and was in a pinch so I found Comfort. They were accommodating for me and my dog. I stayed during a biker rally so there was a lot of noise. Not great for me since I was starting a new job that week and had to be up early. They had a band playing in the lobby which was extremely loud. There's a pond next door so the parking lot is full of mean geese and their goose poop everywhere.

Room Tip: Take a high floor in case they have a band playing
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for your review and we did have a convention here which the group took the
whole hotel, but their were a few cancellations and I am glad you found a place for your pet. I apologize for the noise and the loud music. We also power wash our sidewalks because the geese do make a mess at times. I do hope you give us another chance and stay with us again.
Virginia Beach, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2013

It is really hard to find anything bad to say about this location, even when I have a problem the staff takes care of me by doing what ever it takes to correct the problem, even if it means assisting with a room change late at night. Again, when I have to travel to Northern VA this is my first and usually only choice for a place to call home for the night, even if the location that I am inspecting the next morning is an hour away it does not matter, at least here I know I will be treated with respect and equally. I know my review may not match the stars I give, it is hard for me to say that someone or something is perfect, because no one or no thing is, that is why I don't give 5 stars across the board, if you don't stay here you can only blame yourself, see you again soon.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Thank you so very much for your review and I am glad you love it here
at the Comfort Suites. See you soon
Raleigh, North Carolina
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here for one night on business. Pretty nice place, fairly new, it appears. Room was large and linens were crisp and appeared recently replaced. Breakfast was typical Choice. Everyone knows the drill.

One problem: Their WiFi was absolutely over-taxed. Anything with a streaming video content or lots of graphics to load on a page was nearly impossible to access. Netflix... Forget it!

Television was Flat-Screen upgrade, but switching channels resulted in a long pause before the new channel appeared. 10 seconds in some cases. Looks like they need to work on upgrading their electronics.

Otherwise, not a bad place to stay. Lots of restaurants around, but a fairly long walk to get to them.

Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Dear Bizz-Traveler,
Thank you for staying with us here at Comfort Suites. We are so sorry you were having trouble with the WIFI. In the next 30 days we will be up-grading and we are very excited about that and and our cable also has been upgraded and now we do have a lot more channels, and we did have a few things that we had to work out while we were upgrading.
Thank you again and hope to see you soon
York, Pennsylvania
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2013

I was underwhelmed by this hotel, but it was fine for an overnight stop. It was definitely convenient, with many dinner options (and the highway) quite close by. The indoor pool was nice to have (although the hot tub wasn't hot and we couldn't get the jets to work). The breakfast was nothing special, but not bad either. The A/C in the room went off in the middle of the night and we couldn't get it to work again until we were getting ready in the morning. Both of us in the room woke up because we got hot and had a less-than-good night's sleep as a result of the room temperature. We got a great rate, which was our favorite aspect of the stay. None of our issues were worth bringing to management's attention (especially during a one night stay), but I can't say I'd want to stay here again given the numerous options in the area.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Thanks so much for staying with us at the Comfort Suites. I am so sorry the hot tub was not hot enough and I am glad you enjoyed the pool. I would love do have any breakfast suggestions you may have and also we want to hear all issues so we have the opportunity to make your stay the very Best and the most comfortable. I do hope you stay with us again and please call me when you are in town again. Thank you very much!!
Williamsburg, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2013

Spent the Labor Day weekend during a visit to our son in Manassas. Always concerned about a second stay at a hotel that was so good visit one months back. We were not disappointed at all. Such a simple check in and great person at the desk. Very helpful. It is just a great hotel for the price, location, comfort, and cleanliness. We wanted for nothing. Breakfast was the usual continental style. Again, enough choices to satisfy. Coffee in lobby area 24 hrs. is a real plus after a day in D.C.! The huge patio area overlooking a waterway is very pleasant area to enjoy breakfast or coffee or conversation! We will definitely stay again. Staff was just outstanding and we are grateful.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Marina R, Front Office Manager at Comfort Suites Manassas Battlefield Park, responded to this review, September 25, 2013
Thank you so much for your wonderful comments about our staff and our hotel. Please know that I will share your comments with our staff. This brings a smile to my face, as our ultimate goal is always to make sure that each guest has an amazing experience the moment they arrive on property. Our team will be excited to see this. We hope to welcome you back again in the future!

Been to Comfort Suites Manassas Battlefield Park? Share your experiences!