“Noisy biker hotel” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #4 of 19 Hotels in Manassas
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
“Noisy biker hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2013

I stayed here at the last minute because the Residence Inn would not accept my dog even though they said they would. I just moved here and was in a pinch so I found Comfort. They were accommodating for me and my dog. I stayed during a biker rally so there was a lot of noise. Not great for me since I was starting a new job that week and had to be up early. They had a band playing in the lobby which was extremely loud. There's a pond next door so the parking lot is full of mean geese and their goose poop everywhere.

Room Tip: Take a high floor in case they have a band playing
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Marina R, Front Office Manager at Comfort Suites Manassas Battlefield Park, responded to this review, October 23, 2013
Thank you for your review and we did have a convention here which the group took the
whole hotel, but their were a few cancellations and I am glad you found a place for your pet. I apologize for the noise and the loud music. We also power wash our sidewalks because the geese do make a mess at times. I do hope you give us another chance and stay with us again.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
Virginia Beach, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2013

It is really hard to find anything bad to say about this location, even when I have a problem the staff takes care of me by doing what ever it takes to correct the problem, even if it means assisting with a room change late at night. Again, when I have to travel to Northern VA this is my first and usually only choice for a place to call home for the night, even if the location that I am inspecting the next morning is an hour away it does not matter, at least here I know I will be treated with respect and equally. I know my review may not match the stars I give, it is hard for me to say that someone or something is perfect, because no one or no thing is, that is why I don't give 5 stars across the board, if you don't stay here you can only blame yourself, see you again soon.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Thank you so very much for your review and I am glad you love it here
at the Comfort Suites. See you soon
Raleigh, North Carolina
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here for one night on business. Pretty nice place, fairly new, it appears. Room was large and linens were crisp and appeared recently replaced. Breakfast was typical Choice. Everyone knows the drill.

One problem: Their WiFi was absolutely over-taxed. Anything with a streaming video content or lots of graphics to load on a page was nearly impossible to access. Netflix... Forget it!

Television was Flat-Screen upgrade, but switching channels resulted in a long pause before the new channel appeared. 10 seconds in some cases. Looks like they need to work on upgrading their electronics.

Otherwise, not a bad place to stay. Lots of restaurants around, but a fairly long walk to get to them.

Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Marina R, Front Office Manager at Comfort Suites Manassas Battlefield Park, responded to this review, October 31, 2013
Dear Bizz-Traveler,
Thank you for staying with us here at Comfort Suites. We are so sorry you were having trouble with the WIFI. In the next 30 days we will be up-grading and we are very excited about that and and our cable also has been upgraded and now we do have a lot more channels, and we did have a few things that we had to work out while we were upgrading.
Thank you again and hope to see you soon
York, Pennsylvania
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2013

I was underwhelmed by this hotel, but it was fine for an overnight stop. It was definitely convenient, with many dinner options (and the highway) quite close by. The indoor pool was nice to have (although the hot tub wasn't hot and we couldn't get the jets to work). The breakfast was nothing special, but not bad either. The A/C in the room went off in the middle of the night and we couldn't get it to work again until we were getting ready in the morning. Both of us in the room woke up because we got hot and had a less-than-good night's sleep as a result of the room temperature. We got a great rate, which was our favorite aspect of the stay. None of our issues were worth bringing to management's attention (especially during a one night stay), but I can't say I'd want to stay here again given the numerous options in the area.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Thanks so much for staying with us at the Comfort Suites. I am so sorry the hot tub was not hot enough and I am glad you enjoyed the pool. I would love do have any breakfast suggestions you may have and also we want to hear all issues so we have the opportunity to make your stay the very Best and the most comfortable. I do hope you stay with us again and please call me when you are in town again. Thank you very much!!
Williamsburg, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2013

Spent the Labor Day weekend during a visit to our son in Manassas. Always concerned about a second stay at a hotel that was so good visit one months back. We were not disappointed at all. Such a simple check in and great person at the desk. Very helpful. It is just a great hotel for the price, location, comfort, and cleanliness. We wanted for nothing. Breakfast was the usual continental style. Again, enough choices to satisfy. Coffee in lobby area 24 hrs. is a real plus after a day in D.C.! The huge patio area overlooking a waterway is very pleasant area to enjoy breakfast or coffee or conversation! We will definitely stay again. Staff was just outstanding and we are grateful.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Marina R, Front Office Manager at Comfort Suites Manassas Battlefield Park, responded to this review, September 25, 2013
Thank you so much for your wonderful comments about our staff and our hotel. Please know that I will share your comments with our staff. This brings a smile to my face, as our ultimate goal is always to make sure that each guest has an amazing experience the moment they arrive on property. Our team will be excited to see this. We hope to welcome you back again in the future!
Hagerstown, Maryland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2013

When I first walked up to the hotel I was thinking....oh my...but when I walked in I was greatly surprised, The lobby is so large and nice. The gentlemen at the desk was professional and nice. Check-in was a breeze. It was really loud from a group that I believe was arriving, but no big deal. I couldn't even hear them in my room. I do have to mention that the hotel room was clean except for a few hairs that I found in the bathroom behind the bathroom door. I am very easy going, so no big deal, we didn't spend much time in the room anyway. The breakfast had a lot of options, however I grabbed a bowl of Apple Jacks and they were stale, I figured there may have been a hole in the package because the next one I grabbed was fine. I also have to mention that if you do not like strong coffee..it is in your best interest not to get any at all. These things are all minor. If I am ever in the area again, I would definitely consider returning. It is a great hotel for an overnight stay.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you so much for your wonderful comments about our staff and our hotel. We have checked all our cereal to make sure that no one will get stale cereal and none of the packets have a hole in it, also we will make sure our coffee is just right, Thank you Please know that I will share your comments with our staff. This brings a smile to my face, as our ultimate goal is always to make sure that each guest has an amazing experience the moment they arrive on property. Our team will be excited to see this. We hope to welcome you back again in the future!
Massachusetts
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2013

The price was right in comparison to the others nearby, and it's location is convenient to the highway. We stayed here in order to be near the Jiffylube center for a concert. The place is clean, and the staff OK, but not exceptional. The area is loaded with shopping centers, and chain restaurants. Housekeeping neglected our room when we waited until 1 PM to leave for a visit downtown. Upon return, when I called the desk, they said "your do not disturb card was left on the door until 3 PM." I said that was untrue. When we left at 1, we saw about 5 housekeeping staff hanging around the elevator. And the day before, we saw people working the rooms until well after 3 PM. So we thought they were just on a break. They did bring us a couple of new towels, but that incident left a bad impression on us. Next time, we'll probably pick another hotel, as there are plenty to choose from in that area.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Marina R, Front Office Manager at Comfort Suites Manassas Battlefield Park, responded to this review, September 18, 2013
Mr David W,
First I hope you enjoyed the concert and I am glad you stayed with us. Thank you for the compliment on our hotel being clean , we do work very hard to keep it super clean and smelling fresh. We apoligize for the housekeeping staff missing your room but when there is a do not disturb sign on the door we will not enter. I have spoken with the housekeeping staff to ensure they go back and check to see if the sign has been removed. I am glad someone brought you some fresh towels. I do hope you return and give us another chance.

Been to Comfort Suites Manassas Battlefield Park? Share your experiences!