“Looks Better on the inside than the outside” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #4 of 19 hotels in Manassas
Hagerstown, Maryland
“Looks Better on the inside than the outside”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2013

When I first walked up to the hotel I was thinking....oh my...but when I walked in I was greatly surprised, The lobby is so large and nice. The gentlemen at the desk was professional and nice. Check-in was a breeze. It was really loud from a group that I believe was arriving, but no big deal. I couldn't even hear them in my room. I do have to mention that the hotel room was clean except for a few hairs that I found in the bathroom behind the bathroom door. I am very easy going, so no big deal, we didn't spend much time in the room anyway. The breakfast had a lot of options, however I grabbed a bowl of Apple Jacks and they were stale, I figured there may have been a hole in the package because the next one I grabbed was fine. I also have to mention that if you do not like strong coffee..it is in your best interest not to get any at all. These things are all minor. If I am ever in the area again, I would definitely consider returning. It is a great hotel for an overnight stay.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Marina R, Front Office Manager at Comfort Suites Manassas Battlefield Park, responded to this review, September 25, 2013
Thank you so much for your wonderful comments about our staff and our hotel. We have checked all our cereal to make sure that no one will get stale cereal and none of the packets have a hole in it, also we will make sure our coffee is just right, Thank you Please know that I will share your comments with our staff. This brings a smile to my face, as our ultimate goal is always to make sure that each guest has an amazing experience the moment they arrive on property. Our team will be excited to see this. We hope to welcome you back again in the future!

144 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
Massachusetts
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2013

The price was right in comparison to the others nearby, and it's location is convenient to the highway. We stayed here in order to be near the Jiffylube center for a concert. The place is clean, and the staff OK, but not exceptional. The area is loaded with shopping centers, and chain restaurants. Housekeeping neglected our room when we waited until 1 PM to leave for a visit downtown. Upon return, when I called the desk, they said "your do not disturb card was left on the door until 3 PM." I said that was untrue. When we left at 1, we saw about 5 housekeeping staff hanging around the elevator. And the day before, we saw people working the rooms until well after 3 PM. So we thought they were just on a break. They did bring us a couple of new towels, but that incident left a bad impression on us. Next time, we'll probably pick another hotel, as there are plenty to choose from in that area.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Marina R, Front Office Manager at Comfort Suites Manassas Battlefield Park, responded to this review, September 18, 2013
Mr David W,
First I hope you enjoyed the concert and I am glad you stayed with us. Thank you for the compliment on our hotel being clean , we do work very hard to keep it super clean and smelling fresh. We apoligize for the housekeeping staff missing your room but when there is a do not disturb sign on the door we will not enter. I have spoken with the housekeeping staff to ensure they go back and check to see if the sign has been removed. I am glad someone brought you some fresh towels. I do hope you return and give us another chance.
Richmond, Virginia, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2013

My most recent stay was my first at this location, but it will not be my last. There was a lot going on at the front desk when I arrive, but I was greeted and my check-in was handled with courtesy and professionalism. Once I arrived in my room, I found that the amenities exceeded my expectations. The room was exceptionally clean, and everything was nicely organized, from the remote control and channel listing to the toiletries in the bathroom and in front of the hot tub. The bed was quite comfortable, the hot tub was exquisite, and the shower was very nice. Check out was swift and painless, and I was able to go back tot he room to retrieve some items that I left. All of this was for a very reasonable price. I would wholeheartedly recommend the Comfort Suites Manassas Battlefield Park to everyone, and I hope to see you there on my next visit.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
Thank you for taking the time to post your experience with us on Trip Advisor! Thank you so much for your wonderful comments about our staff and our hotel. Please know that I will share your comments with our staff. This brings a smile to my face, as our ultimate goal is always to make sure that each guest has an amazing experience the moment they arrive on property. Our team will be excited to see this. We hope to welcome you back again in the future!
Kentucky
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2013 via mobile

Stayed there on a recent visit, there was a soccer team in the hotel but I never heard them this hotel was very quiet. Very good beds very clean rooms nice breakfast bar very well stocked. I will def stay there again, is one of the better Comfort Inns I have stayed in

Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Marina R, Front Office Manager at Comfort Suites Manassas Battlefield Park, responded to this review, August 30, 2013
Eagleville, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2013 via mobile

We stay at this hotel at least once per year when we come down to see a band at Nissan. Tried multiple other hotels in the area over the past 20 years and this is by far the best value.

Five stars not because of amenities but because of cleanliness, staff, and overall cost/ benefit ratio. Never an issue with anything.

• Stayed August 2013
Thank you for taking the time to post your experience with us on Trip Advisor! Thank you so much for your wonderful comments about our staff and our hotel. Please know that I will share your comments with our staff. This brings a smile to my face, as our ultimate goal is always to make sure that each guest has an amazing experience the moment they arrive on property. Our team will be excited to see this. We hope to welcome you back again for future concerts in the future!
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2013 via mobile

We truly enjoyed our stay here ...the rooms were very roomy and clean. The beds and pillows were very comfortable. The staff was extremely friendly and helpful. It was very busy and they handled the hectic front desk with professionalism and courtesy. All of this at a great rate. Bargain price without disciunt service. Definitely a positive experience. Will stay agin whenever in the area and highly recommend.

• Stayed August 2013
Charlotte
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2013

We were traveling spontaneously and found ourselves in Manassas, VA. We selected this hotel by name recognition. It looked nice and had a vacancy so we booked 2 nights. We were on a motorcycle pulling a trailer and needed somewhere to secure the trailer. The desk person that first night helped us find a room that overlooked a light post in the parking lot we could chain the trailer too. The room was nice and we felt secure. Breakfast in the AM as above average with waffles, eggs and bacon or sausage. Mary at the front desk in the mornings was very helpful with where to go and what to do. We ended up staying 2 more nights!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Marina R, Front Office Manager at Comfort Suites Manassas Battlefield Park, responded to this review, August 20, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to post your experience with us on Trip Advisor! Thank you so much for your wonderful comments about our staff and our hotel. Thankyou for your comment about Mary she is a joy at the front desk and she make's sure everyone had a great stay. Please know that I will share your comments with our staff. This brings a smile to my face, as our ultimate goal is always to make sure that each guest has an amazing experience the moment they arrive on property. Our team will be excited to see this. We hope to welcome you back again in the future!

Been to Comfort Suites Manassas Battlefield Park? Share your experiences!