“Lovely stay” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #3 of 19 hotels in Manassas
Durban, South Africa
“Lovely stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2013

We arrived here fairly late into the night as part of a tour group. What a pleasure to find a lovely comfortable room, with king size beds, the bathroom spotless and beautifully presented and a coffee machine! My son also made use of the gym , and indoor pool. A lovely outlook onto the lake the next morning was also nice. The breakfast looked good, but as a tour group we were given another deal on breakfast!

Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Marina R, Front Office Manager at Comfort Suites Manassas Battlefield Park, responded to this review, July 14, 2013
Thank you so much for all the wonderful comments about our hotel and staff and that is my true goal for all my customers to have a wonderful experience. I hope to see you again soon and thank you so very much!

139 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2013

We rented 4 rooms for our family for a nearby reunion and were very pleased with the accommodations. The staff was courteous, rooms were well maintained, and the courtesy breakfasts were more than adequate. The property is convenient to I-66, nearby parks and numerous excellent restaurants.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Marina R, Front Office Manager at Comfort Suites Manassas Battlefield Park, responded to this review, July 9, 2013
Thank you so much for using our hotel for your accommodations while enjoying a family reunion, and I will share your kind words with my staff. I hope you enjoyed Manassas and the DC area
for your 4th of July events and we hope to see you soon again.
Alexandria, Minnesota
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2013

We were part of a large national convention. For starters, the reservations were a horendous mess just for our individual group. The cleaning of the rooms suffered from "over-worked" cleaning staff. The pool was drained for repairs at the beginning of the summer season. With convention rooms on the Lobby Level, hospitality on the Lower Level, and 4 floors of rooms, it would have been nice to have both elevators working. The one elevator was out of order for almost 2 full days. Our convention filled the hotel for 4 days, and many had showed up for a 5th. Many people that had flown in, had afternoon flights home. The evening before heading home, I asked the front desk about possibly getting a late check out, and was treated poorly by a very rude desk clerk, and told "ABSOLUTELY NOT!!". The amazing thing about this was the next morning, 1 hour before checkout, the fire alarm went off. Coincidence? I think not. I found out that several others were treated just as rudely at the front desk when they asked the same question. For an individual stay, this may be a nice hotel, but for a large group, they are ill prepared. If you are planning a large event, THIS IS NOT THE PLACE TO HAVE IT.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Thank you for taking the time to share your concerns regarding your recent stay with our hotel. We were very excited to host this group and everyone worked very hard. I was very upset when I read your review because I and my staff worked very hard to have all registration cards and keys ready upon your arrival to make an easy check in for the group. Our housekeeping staff was working with a full staff and did a great job that weekend. Our pool was undergoing a deep cleaning and ceiling renovation and we had it up and running for the group which we were so excited because it looked beautiful. We did have a problem with one of the elevators and called service in right away and it was fixed. The next morning it went out briefly and reset itself, and we sincerely apologize for that. I’m very sorry you did not receive a late checkout and was treated rudely and please be assured that these issues you have raised have been addressed and the appropriate action has been taken. Once again, thank you so much for sharing your concerns and I do want to sincerely apology for not meeting your expectations during your stay.
Ocracoke Island
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2013

When reconciling my credit card statement I noticed a 50.00 charge from this hotel that was not on my invoice from check-out. Called the hotel and was told it was a pet fee, I explained that I have never stayed in a Choice Hotel in my life with a pet and was told (again) “the charge was for a pet fee”. I explained a second time that I did not have a pet on my business trip and was told “they charge you when you have a pet and do not tell us”. Explained for the third time I did not have a pet and was told “it would be credited, this time” – in other words; you are probably lying but we will issue a credit just this one time. Checked my statement again and found they had not credited the original pet fee but charged a second one for a total of 100.00. I called Choice Hotels and a credit is pending. I did not notice any evidence of a pet in the room from a previous stay.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Marina R, Front Office Manager at Comfort Suites Manassas Battlefield Park, responded to this review, July 3, 2013
Dear Mr Wilson,
Since resolving a billing discrepancy can be a rather frustrating experience, Im writing to thank you for taking the time to bring your concerns to my attention. When we spoke on June 28, 2013 you were charged for a pet fee which at that time I credited your account and since it was a Friday I had explained to you that you may not see the credit until about Thursday July 4, 2013. This charge was a mistake on the hotel and once again please accept my apology
We value your continued patronage and we hope when visiting this area in the near future you'll consider us your hotel of choice.
Crossville, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2013

Staff was friendly, helpful, and always availabe to assist. They went out of their way to be a good host. We stayed a week to visit sight in Northern Virginia and Washington DC areas. Skyline Drive was wonderful. This Hotel in Manassas is a great middway point to visit Gettysburg, Skyline, DC, Museums, and the caves.

Room Tip: The main floor suites are excellent with a table for spending time with friends
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
We were so honored to host the IWMC National Conference-VA Thank you for taking the time to post your experience with us on Trip Advisor! Thank you so much for your wonderful comments about our staff and our hotel. Please know that I will share your comments with our staff. This brings a smile to my face, as our ultimate goal is always to make sure that each guest has an amazing experience the moment they arrive on property. Our team will be excited to see this. We hope to welcome you back again in the future!
Charles Town
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2013

This Comfort Suites staff and hotel were outstanding. The hotel has excellent amenities and the staff was always eager and willing to take great care of us. Whatever we asked for, they delivered. Outstanding!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Baghdad
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2013 via mobile

We had our convention at this hotel and the staff bent over backwards to make it a success. Couldn't get a better review. The rooms were clean and the walls were thick enough to not hear your neighbor!

• Stayed June 2013

Been to Comfort Suites Manassas Battlefield Park? Share your experiences!