“Watch your credit card statement” 3 of 5 stars

Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #7 of 19 Hotels in Manassas
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Ocracoke Island
“Watch your credit card statement”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2013

When reconciling my credit card statement I noticed a 50.00 charge from this hotel that was not on my invoice from check-out. Called the hotel and was told it was a pet fee, I explained that I have never stayed in a Choice Hotel in my life with a pet and was told (again) “the charge was for a pet fee”. I explained a second time that I did not have a pet on my business trip and was told “they charge you when you have a pet and do not tell us”. Explained for the third time I did not have a pet and was told “it would be credited, this time” – in other words; you are probably lying but we will issue a credit just this one time. Checked my statement again and found they had not credited the original pet fee but charged a second one for a total of 100.00. I called Choice Hotels and a credit is pending. I did not notice any evidence of a pet in the room from a previous stay.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Marina R, Front Office Manager at Comfort Suites Manassas Battlefield Park, responded to this review, July 3, 2013
Dear Mr Wilson,
Since resolving a billing discrepancy can be a rather frustrating experience, Im writing to thank you for taking the time to bring your concerns to my attention. When we spoke on June 28, 2013 you were charged for a pet fee which at that time I credited your account and since it was a Friday I had explained to you that you may not see the credit until about Thursday July 4, 2013. This charge was a mistake on the hotel and once again please accept my apology
We value your continued patronage and we hope when visiting this area in the near future you'll consider us your hotel of choice.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (48)
Crossville, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2013

Staff was friendly, helpful, and always availabe to assist. They went out of their way to be a good host. We stayed a week to visit sight in Northern Virginia and Washington DC areas. Skyline Drive was wonderful. This Hotel in Manassas is a great middway point to visit Gettysburg, Skyline, DC, Museums, and the caves.

Room Tip: The main floor suites are excellent with a table for spending time with friends
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
We were so honored to host the IWMC National Conference-VA Thank you for taking the time to post your experience with us on Trip Advisor! Thank you so much for your wonderful comments about our staff and our hotel. Please know that I will share your comments with our staff. This brings a smile to my face, as our ultimate goal is always to make sure that each guest has an amazing experience the moment they arrive on property. Our team will be excited to see this. We hope to welcome you back again in the future!
Charles Town
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2013

This Comfort Suites staff and hotel were outstanding. The hotel has excellent amenities and the staff was always eager and willing to take great care of us. Whatever we asked for, they delivered. Outstanding!

Baghdad
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2013

We had our convention at this hotel and the staff bent over backwards to make it a success. Couldn't get a better review. The rooms were clean and the walls were thick enough to not hear your neighbor!

• Stayed June 2013
Huxley, Iowa
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2013

Had a great time in the area, location was perfect for all of the things we wanted to do, both in D.C. and on Skyline drive!
Plenty of food/gas/shopping nearby.
We would stay here again.
Thank you for hosting the Iron Warrior Conference !

5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2013

Thank you for hosting the Iron Warrior Conference - A Salute To Heroes. You made this a great and charitable event to our fallen public safety and military warriors! Your hospitality was fantastic and gracious!

• Stayed June 2013
Marina R, Front Office Manager at Comfort Suites Manassas Battlefield Park, responded to this review, June 30, 2013
Chicago, Illinois, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2013

Nice clean hotel with staff that works very hard at going above & beyond. Great Job !
We had the entire hotel for our week long conference & we were allowed to block off & use the back parking lot for cookouts each night. Over 150 friends from across the US re-united and had a fantastic time.

Room Tip: Hotel & staff was dog friendly... First floor, end rooms made for easy access in & out of th...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends

Been to Comfort Suites Manassas Battlefield Park? Share your experiences!