“Rare value and gem inside a strip mall” 5 of 5 stars

Update restaurant details
Ranked #36 of 232 restaurants in Manassas
Cuisines: Italian
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Rare value and gem inside a strip mall”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013 via mobile

I love this place! There I said it; I love a restaurant inside of a strip mall and I don't care who knows it! This place has good food and Tulio is an amazing guy who ensures that the service is impeccable. If you really want the best element though it isn't the food or the staff or even the owner but......wait for it........Ok now I really don't want to spill it because then everyone will buy it and I won't have the monopoly on this knowledge anymore. Oh alright I will no longer bogart the best kept secret in Manassas. Not only is Bella Vita a great little family style restaurant with ridiculously economical prices but most of all, it has Sangria that will literally alter your universe. There I said it and I will regret it forever if the rush on sangria makes price go up or fills this place up with yahoos who can't appreciate it for what it is, a great simple old school family business with amazing homemade sangria!

• Visited July 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

75% Recommend
Virginia
“Best Italian Food in Prince William County”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2013

Wonderful Italian restaurant hidden away in a nondescript strip mall off of Liberia Ave. A friend recommended as we are always on the lookout for unique restaurants in Prince William - very difficult to find non-chain Italian. On the many visits that we have made, we have always enjoyed excellent food and excellent service at Bella Vita. My wife and I have tried several pasta dishes and the pizza; the traditional chicken parmesan, the baked chicken cannelloni, and baked manicotti are my favorites. I highly recommend this restaurant if you are looking for the best Italian restaurants in Prince William outside the chain Olive Garden types.

• Visited May 2013
Manassas, VA
“5 stars for good casual Italian dining!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2013

We started off with a quartino of red wine, the 2nd one on their list of reds, very good. The tomato basil soup was very good that we shared. I had the Tortellini Milano and my wife had the special which was a bolognese lasagna. They were both delicious and were what we would expect to see on Carmello's menu as well. Hers even had plenty of sauce on the plate to enjoy, as did mine. The dinner salads were okay, but kalamata type black olives instead of the canned with homemade croutons. We finished off with a special strawberry tiramisu from Valentine's Day, nice change (I don't do regular tiramisu due to the coffee). Next time for dessert we will be getting those chocolate profiteroles. Told him that Sorrento, Italy restaurants do lemon profiteroles, and Tulio said he may be doing a limoncello creme brulee. $48.56 for two, excluding tip. Had read reviews that were not so good, so hesitated to try, but glad we did! Will definitely go back. Downside: new waiter, friendly, but had to persuade her to find out what the special was and what was in it.

• Visited February 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Manassas, Virginia
“Tulio is handling his business, sorry to see Joe gone...Should be in top 5 in Manassas”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2013

Went recently with the wife for dinner, as usual always GREAT.....had a pasta dish that was to die for with shrimp, garlic, pesto, etc...can't remember the name but it was fabulous...Wife had the Salmon with crab, wonderful mashed potatoes, and spinach....Soup was divine, rolls incredible...Great Food, well prepared, very good prices, good atmosphere, and really great service....Love Nastia..... great server
This place should be ranked much higher on the local rankings at least top 5 .....

• Visited December 2012
Burke
“AWESOME, great food, & fabulous service!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2012

Just a delightful surprise! I thought Carmello's was the only Italian restaurant in Manassas because that is the only one anyone ever mentions to me when I ask for recommendations in this area. Well this little hidden gem in a strip mall-like setting was a very nice surprise ! I took my two teenagers out last night and they both said this place was,,,"DANK !" (look it up in Urban dictionary and it refers to potent pot but teenagers now use this word to refer to something of high quality!) I dreamed about the Calamari appetizer ,,it was just simply superb! I want my own next time ! But as a woman who spent 20+ years in the restaurant industry both as a server and then in management for many years, I must say the service was incredible. They approached immediately even though the place was packed annd checked back at every necessary interval. There was a 15 minute wait on a Thursday night at 7:00 so apparently I am not the only one aware of this place! They used a team system. The two young hostesses even skimmed their eyes across tables and one left mid-sentence while chatting with her buddy to come clear a plate from our table !! Come on...where can one get this type of service in this day and age unless you are at a $$$$ or 4-star restaurant?? Anyway, we experienced it here at very reasonable prices, generous portions and DANK food !! By the way, of the three main dishes we ordered..all great...we all loved the mushroom Gnocchi the most!

• Visited December 2012