“Saturday Night at Gunni's in Manassas, VA” 4 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Cuisines: Italian, American
Good for: Entertaining clients, Romantic, Special occasions, Doing business
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Description: We are a fine dining Italian and American Restaurant, where you can come and enjoy a delicious meal as well as see how our chefs cook and prepare your meal thanks to our unique open kitchen. We also have a fine selection of wines to go along with your dish.
Manassas, Virginia
“Saturday Night at Gunni's in Manassas, VA”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2011

My wife and I paid our first visit to Gunni's restaurant in Manassas. We stopped in without reservations. It was fairly crowded suggesting one should secure reservations especially on weekends (Fri, Sat, Sun) as it is a small restaurant and they have entertainment on those evenings. We were seated close the small stage were a guitar soloist was picking and singing. He was exceptional. We were met by Gabriela who welcomed us and said she would be serving us. She explained the specials with some difficulty and she didn't return to our table again. But a host of others did. We were served rolls and olive oil and spices as well as a compound butter. Water and coffee were served and replenished by a variety of people. After some examining of the various choices on the ala cart menu, we ordered. I began with lobster bisque sherry. The temperature was tepid, the front end flavor was creamy lobster and the after taste was sherry. But for the temperature a little on the cool side, this dish was really good. My wife chose the house salad which contained various greens, chopped tomatoes and cucumber and slices of red onions with balsamic vinaigrette dressing. She had asked for the onions to be omitted. Oops. The salad was ample but the onion was much too sharp requiring her to separate them from the rest before she could enjoy the meal. I had Linguini Malafemmina which the menu said included shrimp, clams, mussels, and half lobster tail with garlic white wine and fish broth. Rather than a half of lobster tail, the chef use a whole small langouste tail. Unfortunately, the chef did not split the tail making it difficult to access the lobster meat. Oops. One of the mussels did not open indicating it was probably dead before cooking. Oops. The chef should have noticed and removed it.

The possible explanation is that they were working one chef short or so we were told. One of the chef just quit causing delays is service and possibly these other issues as well. Still a four out of five stars (even given three oops) in my book is not so bad and worthy of another try.

• Visited February 2011
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Virginia
“Classy place in Manassas”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2011

I had business in the area and went to Gunni's based on good reviews in Tripadvisor. I loved it. Beeautiful interior, nice ambiance, very good food. A hidden gem along a strip that did not look promising. I will definitely be back and highly recommend it.

• Visited February 2011
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Mid-Atlantic
“This is Top Notch - Better than Most Gourment DC Restaurants”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2010

My wife and I got turned on to Gunni's through her boss and we have been going ever since. Since then, I have turned on several friends. Food is awesome and it is owned by a very nice family. They have an outstanding lobster bisque soup and their crab cake sandwich rocks the house! Also, they have a great gourment burger. They also have a nice selection of wines. It is located in a discreet location but really is a jewel. This blows away Panino of Manassas. It is the best restaurant in Prince William County!

Gainesville, VA
“Love it...Love it...Love it!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2010

Awesome. My favorite new restaurant. Gunni's has been open about a year but my our first visit was back over the summer for lunch. Since my husband and I first visited we have been back several times. The food is as good as you will get if you go into DC to a 4/5 star restaurant and the service is first rate. It's refreshing to get great food and service. Gabriella is my favorite but they are all fabulous. It's the best kept secret in Manassas. Try it and you will be hooked.

Aldie, Virginia
“Delicious food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2010

Who would have thought that you'd find such a great restaurant in a former 7-11 in Manassas? I'm still dreaming about the Gunni's salad I had for lunch--it was perfect. The roasted turkey club was excellent as well. Service was efficient. The interior is absolutely stunning. I have told many friends and family members about Gunni's--truly a hidden gem.

The only complaint I have is the music, both in the restaurant (one VERY loud Frank Sinatra cd that repeated twice during lunch) and the web site (some sort of Kenny G song so the whole office can hear when you're checking out the dinner menu). Don't be deterred by that though--the food is great!

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere