“Excellent Overall!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #10 of 232 restaurants in Manassas
Cuisines: American, Italian
Good for: Romance, Doing business, Special occasions, Entertaining clients
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Description: We are a fine dining Italian and American Restaurant, where you can come and enjoy a delicious meal as well as see how our chefs cook and prepare your meal thanks to our unique open kitchen. We also have a fine selection of wines to go along with your dish.
Manassas, Virginia
“Excellent Overall!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2013

This restaurant was excellent. It is a family owned, family restuarant. If you have special requests about a dish they prepare, they are more than willing to accommodate. (I asked for a vodka sauce in lieu of a "pink sauce" and they gladly made the substitution.) My friends and I believe that this restaurant is underrated, as it is number 13 on this website. Definitely should be higher up on the list.

Ambient atmosphere, good service, moderately priced. An overall excellent experience.

• Visited July 2013

89% Recommend
Northern VA
“I Won't Give Up, but Expected Better.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2013 via mobile

With the reviews, I was excited to finally try this restaurant.

A Saturday evening, around 8pm and I was a bit surprised how empty the place was. A guitarist and keyboard player were entertaining all three tables of people!

I ordered a cocktail and it was very weak. Appetizers were Caprese Salad (Tomatoes w Fresh Mozarella) and although tasty, the slices if cheese were too thick! It was way too much and I couldn't finish it. The other appetizer was Escargot (snails) in a "homemade pastry crust." It was just okay.

Our entrees: Lobster Ravioli for me, a bowl of Lobster Bisque for my friend. Before ordering, I asked the waitress what dishes would REALLY impress me. The Lobster Raviolis were announced enthusiastically--hence my choice.
I specifically asked her if they were made in house and not frozen. She insisted that most all their pastas were handmade. At $24 I thought they should certainly be fresh pasta. They weren't. In fact, although attractive on the plate, there was an "off-taste" which didn't appeal to me at all. I suspect it was freezer odor. Strange--still, I picked at it but did not finish it. Of note; the actual Raviolis were filled with a dense cheese mixture; with a pink tinge to it. The lobster meat was scattered in little pieces amidst lots of diced tomato. This is a clever way to give the appearance of more red lobster meat!!

I had a glass of New Zealand white wine ($9) and it was okay but served ice cold. My water never once was refilled.

The atmosphere was saying "we need customers." I'm pretty sure the owner was present and despite the lack of patrons, he never smiled or made us feel welcomed.

I think there's a reason this place is empty on a Saturday night. I might go one more time as I enjoy live music (weekends only I believe). All in all; we dropped $100 in about an hour and walked away less-than-impressed. Lastly, the waitress smoking a cigarette just outside the front door left another bad taste in my mouth!! Could you find a different place next time??

• Visited July 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
San Francisco Bay Area
“Good food in a beautiful setting”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2013

We ordered the penne stroganoff, which I thought was kind of unusual. We expected beef in a cream sauce, but instead it was a red sauce that was quite spicy. I liked it, but it was unfortunately too spicy for my wife ( we shared, for a $3.50 splitting fee). They were accommodating, charging us only half of the entrée price and providing my wife with another entree for less than half price. I think they need to warn customers that the stroganoff is spicy.

The floor of the restaurant is amazing, made of prices of granite fitted together in a beautiful pattern. That alone makes the visit worthwhile.

• Visited June 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Manassas, Virginia, United States
“Eggplant Please”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2013

The chicken with shrimp and vegetables was a wonderful combination of flavors. Eggplant was out of this world, cut thin and rolled into strips, covered with cheese and a delicious marinara sauce. This is the best kept secret in Manassas, VA! A quiet, tasteful atmosphere for a Sunday dinner and now I learned they have entertainment on Friday and Saturday nights. I will be back and bring friends. Gabriella was a thoughtful, attentive server. You must try this place!

• Visited June 2013
Hamburg, Germany
“What a great new restaurant!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

Gunni's is fairly new in Manassas, and has the best Italian food I've ever eaten anywhere in the area, including D.C.! The owners are a super local family, whose kids grew up and went to school in Manassas, and the whole family is now involved in making Gunni's a great place for lunch or dinner.
My first experience there was a large (about 60 people) birthday celebration for a very beloved local teacher on a Saturday, and Gunni's was the perfect choice --- service was quick, professional, but also warm and personal (lots of hugs for the birthday girl,) and everybody was happy with the quality of the food.
If you're anywhere in northern Virginia, it's worth a drive to check it out. You'll come back, as I have!

• Visited May 2013