“HOME AWAY FROM HOME” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #8 of 235 restaurants in Manassas
Cuisines: American, Italian
Good for: Romance, Doing business, Special occasions, Entertaining clients
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Description: We are a fine dining Italian and American Restaurant, where you can come and enjoy a delicious meal as well as see how our chefs cook and prepare your meal thanks to our unique open kitchen. We also have a fine selection of wines to go along with your dish.
Manassas, Virginia
“HOME AWAY FROM HOME”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2012

My coworkers and I eat at Gunnis all the time after work. The food, service, and owners are great,and I enjoy myself every time I go. The live entertainment and atmosphere is also very family friendly! If you are looking for a place near Manassas, Gunnis is they way to go!

• Visited October 2012

89% Recommend
Highland Village, Texas
“Great food!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2012

What a nice surprise! Great food, immaculately clean and attentive service! We were just passing through and decided to stop for lunch. I'm so glad we did!

• Visited October 2012
“In One word Excellant”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2012 via mobile

Had lunch here during a stay in Manassas to visit the civil war battle fields. It was great. There's parking they take credit card. Only thing I will say us I was only customer so that could be why I got such great service. But service aside try the lobster bisque and crab stuffed mushroom they are awesome. Price wise I had two appetizers and a sandwich for $27 can't go wrong with the value so my advice give it a try

Manassas, Virginia
“Wonderful, but room for improvement...”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2012

First, I had no idea this place even existed until a few days ago. It is literally a hidden little gem in Manassas.

When we walked in, it was a very intimate, nicely romantic little place. There is a table off to the side, as if reserved for those who have a special occasion, etc. Its a cute little touch. Its small, definitely not a large place. But again, it is intimate, rather than cramped.

It took a few minutes for the waitress to mosey over to us, and we noticed others trickling in. We were disappointed that the service was so slow, but perhaps we could chalk it up to taking time to enjoy the meal rather than rush through it, a la Europeans.

We also noticed there was only one waitress for all 6 or 7 tables of people. That's one major strike, because that can get ugly quickly. But, everyone seemed to be mindful and it was quiet and comfortable.

And now for the important stuff: the noms.

The spinach and artichoke dip was fantastic. You can tell they make it themselves, rather than slop it into a dish from a container or frozen pod. It was not as creamy as most places, but it was distinctive and tasty. The only qualm we had, was that it only came with 4 pathetic looking sticks of bread. (See the pic)

I tried the shrimp scampi, which was delicious. Was a small portion for the price, which was a bit surprising, but the shrimp were gigantic and clearly of good quality. I ended up actually eating it all, and feeling full. Its not gotta-have-it sized meals here, so keep that in mind. Another homage to European dining, rather than family style humungous portions, like at a Carabbas. My husband had a steak, which came out cooked exactly as he asked, and tasted like a steak. Not a lot to report on that front.

From this initial visit, I definitely see some potential. I will return a few more times to see what else I like, the menu looked very nice and diverse. Definitely check it out for a quick, romantic/cozy meal in fast-food-central Manassas.

• Visited September 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Annapolis, Maryland
“Delicious eggplant and personal service!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2012 via mobile

I'm pretty sure that we arrived just as they typically would close between lunch and dinner, but the owner welcomed us in and we were treated to an anniversary lunch with the dining room to ourselves! The service was impeccable and the food was everything that other reviewers claimed it was. I had the eggplant rollatini and Caesar salad, which were both delicious, but the dessert of a "toasted almond" flavored tiramisu brought me back to my youth when I would look forward to the Good Humor man doleing out his toasted almond bars! Yummy!

• 4 of 5 stars Food