“Lots of walking!” 3 of 5 stars

Type: Battlefields
Activities: Group tours/walking tour, Group tours/day tour
More attraction details
Attraction Details
Owner description: A 5,000-acre park that was the scene of two major Civil War battles.
Hartford, Connecticut
9 attraction reviews
“Lots of walking!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2008

This was near our hotel we stayed so my sister, her friend, and I decided to go before heading home... and I gotta say, there's a decent amount of walking to be done so do yourself a favor and wear good sneakers! We went on June 1, 2008 and it was a very hot day! I also suggest bringing a bottle of nice cold water, and definitely wear sunscreen and sunglasses. We didn't get the guided tour, but walked around instead and it was neat seeing the old buildings and stuff inside. This was my first visit to a battlefield so it was alright... I think I would have enjoyed it more if it wasn't SO hot outside!

Rockwall, TX
30 attraction reviews
“Thumbs up!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2006

I gave it an above average because it was the first battlefield that I have been to. We got there after the Visitor's Center had closed so we weren't able to get any information but we did enjoy walking around. I would like to go back in a cooler time of year and earlier in the day so I could spend more time there.