“Ruth” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Inn Express & Suites Manassas

You added Holiday Inn Express & Suites Manassas to your Saves list
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Manassas
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   10810 Battleview Pkwy, Manassas, VA 20109 (Formerly Country Inn & Suites Manassas)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Weekend Savings!
Ranked #5 of 19 Hotels in Manassas
Manassas, Virginia
“Ruth”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2014

I'm an IHG Platinum member staying this week for the first time at this hotel, and stranded because of snow. Ruth is busily working the front desk while pleasantly attending to guests, weather related issues, and staff. While so busy and when I requested Ruth's feedback regarding "open" local dining options, amazingly she could not be more helpful. This property is very lucky to have such a wonderful customer focused employee.

Further, this hotel is very convenient to I66 with numerous dining, shopping, and entertainment opportunities.

Thank you Ruth and Holiday Inn Express. I look forward to staying here again ASAP!

Room Tip: I was pleased to stay in a large 3rd floor room. There are some smoking rooms down the hall. Smoki...
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
ruth v, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Manassas, responded to this review, February 22, 2014
Thank you for your comments. It was our pleasure to serve you and we are delighted to hear that you had a great experience with us at the Holiday Inn Express & Suites Manassas. We hope to be at your service again when your travel plans bring you back into our area. Sincerely, Vanessa McManus General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2014 via mobile

Pros:Breakfast,house keeping,staff.
Cons: We stayed for 11 days and in those 11 days the parking is terrible because all the construction workers vehicles. The second night the roof in the swimming pool area collapsed so the the alarm went off for 2 hours at 10pm on a work night. Now we can't use the pool or jacuzzi which was one reason we wanted to stay there in the first place. If my car wasn't parked so far and it wasn't so cold outside I would pack up and go to another hotel. Day three brought random alarm chirps which woke us up. A word of advice for house keeping move the furniture and vacuum, the pull out bed had at least 5 bottle tops behind it and the tv stand had candy rappers behind it and old corn flakes cereal sat on top of the microwave.

• Stayed January 2014
Vanessa M, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Manassas, responded to this review, April 2, 2014
Hello FIL R,

I would like to thank you for sharing your comments regarding your previous stay at the Holiday Inn Express & Suites Manassas. We value your opinion very much. I am truly sorry that you encountered many inconveniences during your previous stay with. Due to our recent freezing winter weather, one of the pipes froze and busted which resulted to fire alarm going off and pool being closed. I understand your frustration during that time and I would've probably felt the same way. I wish it was something I could've controlled to ensure your experience was at its best! I hope that my staff and I were able to compensate your experience with providing you with our warm service. My staff and I hope to be at your service again in the future.

Vanessa McManus
Hilton Head, South Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2014

We stayed on the third floor (my husband is a smoker). The window opened, which is great for fresh air. Room 331 was at the end of the hall and was very quiet...great for sleeping! It also was a suite with a nice living area and a second TV. Bathroom was nicely appointed but a little small. The beverage area had a wet bar and a microfridge. Also a coffeemaker. The bed was comfortable enough. Staff was pleasant and we got the exact room type that we requested (even though we checked in late). The biggest disappointment was the breakfast bar. Watery, fake eggs that were inedible. No fruit other than a few greenish bananas. No yogurt, granola bars or oatmeal. Skip the breakfast and go across the street to Cracker Barrel!

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Hello NancyHHI

Thank you for your comments regarding your previous stay at the Holiday Inn Express & Suites Manassas. Your feedback is very important to me. I am personally apologizing for failing to satisfy your experience with our breakfast during your previous visit at our hotel. I would like to inform you that your concern has been addressed and corrected. I am delighted to hear that the rest of your experience was to your satisfaction. We look forward to being at your service again if and when your travel plans bring you back to our area.

Vanessa McManus
Prata di Pordenone, Italy
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2013

we spent one night here on our way from East Coast to West Coast. We had to ask to switch rooms because at first they had put us on the 3rd floor, which is partly a smoking floor. Though the room was non smoking, you could smell smoke everywhere. Annoying! However, they switched us to the first floor and actually gave us a suite. That room was very big and clean. 2 comfortable queen size beds and good shampoo and conditioner in the bathroom. Pool was a little small to do laps in and the tiles inside the pool were not clean. They hadn't been cleaned in a while. All in all I can recommend it. Ok value for your money especially since breakfast is included and not bad. The only thing I don't like about their breakfasts in general is the use of plastic plates and flatware.

Room Tip: unless you don't mind the smell of smoke, don't stay on 3rd floor
Columbus, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2013

We stayed in room 206. The room itself was clean with a fridge, coffee maker, comfortable beds, and microwave. However, I agree with reviewer "tony m", I too will check out other hotels in the area prior to staying at this Holiday Inn Express. The AC unit was controlled by a thermostat which controlled the temps adequately, but the unit kept cycling on/off. In fact, we had to have the hotel maintenance guy come to our room b/c a section of the carpet below the AC unit was soaked. He took the front cover off the AC unit which revealed the unit was iced over b/c the drain tube was clogged by debris from birds. He said it was a constant problem with the AC units in several of the rooms. This made us wonder how much mold is under the carpet? Also, there were some construction workers staying at the hotel long-term. They would gather in the parking lot drinking beer and playing corn hole right outside the front of the hotel and right below our room. When I asked the desk clerk if I could change my room, I was told the hotel was booked, but she would tell the construction works to slide down away from where our room was located. That helped some, but the next night the workers were right back at it. I got the impression allowing this activity was an accepted practice at the hotel as I noticed the night desk clerk seemed to know most of the construction workers. I will say the free continental breakfast is outstanding and the pool is nice and is good size. The pool hours are supposed to be 9am to 9pm. The desk clerk was nice enough to allow us to swim one evening up until 10pm, but one morning we wanted to swim in the pool a little after 9am, but the maintenance guy came up and said we would have to wait an hour or so b/c he just put chemicals in the pool. Although the property is nice overall, I would suggest seeking other lodging alternatives prior to choosing this hotel.

Deerfield Beach, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2013

This is right off I-66. Formerly a Country Inn and Suites. We stop in Manassas about twice a year.
Tried many of the hotels in the area and this ranks up there as one of the better ones. Room was clean and large with nice amenities, like a fridge, microwave and coffee maker. The tv was a large with a sleep button. always find that useful. Breakfast was a full breakfast and very nice. Keep you going till lunch easily. Would not hesitate to stay here again.

Asheville, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2013

My stay at this hotel was excellent. The staff was very professional and competent. The room was very clean and the bed comfortable. I recommend this hotel for everyone. Thank you so much for an excellent experience!!!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Holiday Inn Express & Suites Manassas? Share your experiences!