“Good But Could Be Better” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Inn Express & Suites Manassas

Save Saved
You added Holiday Inn Express & Suites Manassas to your Saves list
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Manassas
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   10810 Battleview Pkwy, Manassas, VA 20109 (Formerly Country Inn & Suites Manassas)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Weekend Savings!
Ranked #6 of 19 Hotels in Manassas
Columbus, Ohio
“Good But Could Be Better”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2013

We stayed in room 206. The room itself was clean with a fridge, coffee maker, comfortable beds, and microwave. However, I agree with reviewer "tony m", I too will check out other hotels in the area prior to staying at this Holiday Inn Express. The AC unit was controlled by a thermostat which controlled the temps adequately, but the unit kept cycling on/off. In fact, we had to have the hotel maintenance guy come to our room b/c a section of the carpet below the AC unit was soaked. He took the front cover off the AC unit which revealed the unit was iced over b/c the drain tube was clogged by debris from birds. He said it was a constant problem with the AC units in several of the rooms. This made us wonder how much mold is under the carpet? Also, there were some construction workers staying at the hotel long-term. They would gather in the parking lot drinking beer and playing corn hole right outside the front of the hotel and right below our room. When I asked the desk clerk if I could change my room, I was told the hotel was booked, but she would tell the construction works to slide down away from where our room was located. That helped some, but the next night the workers were right back at it. I got the impression allowing this activity was an accepted practice at the hotel as I noticed the night desk clerk seemed to know most of the construction workers. I will say the free continental breakfast is outstanding and the pool is nice and is good size. The pool hours are supposed to be 9am to 9pm. The desk clerk was nice enough to allow us to swim one evening up until 10pm, but one morning we wanted to swim in the pool a little after 9am, but the maintenance guy came up and said we would have to wait an hour or so b/c he just put chemicals in the pool. Although the property is nice overall, I would suggest seeking other lodging alternatives prior to choosing this hotel.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Deerfield Beach, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2013

This is right off I-66. Formerly a Country Inn and Suites. We stop in Manassas about twice a year.
Tried many of the hotels in the area and this ranks up there as one of the better ones. Room was clean and large with nice amenities, like a fridge, microwave and coffee maker. The tv was a large with a sleep button. always find that useful. Breakfast was a full breakfast and very nice. Keep you going till lunch easily. Would not hesitate to stay here again.

Asheville, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2013

My stay at this hotel was excellent. The staff was very professional and competent. The room was very clean and the bed comfortable. I recommend this hotel for everyone. Thank you so much for an excellent experience!!!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Raleigh, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

The staff has been excellent for us and has helped us when something didn't go well. Rooms are clean and beds are very comfortable. Breakfast is good and there is good variety. Coffee is decent and available late in the day. The property overall is very is nice. We would stay here again and recommend this hotel.

However, I will check out other hotels in the area because the AC unit was controlled by a thermostat and came on and off constantly after a few minutes of running. It was controlling the temperatures well but the on and off cycle is just too much of a nuisance during the night. Hotels can be noisy and a fan really drowns noises out. We like hotels that have a fan with the HVAC unit which can stay on during the night so the on and off AC cycles and silence periods are not so noticeable. Some of the AC units are leaking water also.

Room Tip: Check the room out if possible.
Manassas, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2013

Overall there are no complaints. The hotel was clean and well kept. The amenities were standard and I had no negative experiences. It would be nice for a little more décor in the room...The room was clean and contemporary, but one entire wall was white and the ceiling looked like construction material. Odd, but not a drawback.

Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Burnsville, West Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2013

This room was very CLEAN which is the most important thing to me. Beds were very comfortable. We really enjoyed the great breakfast each morning. I thought there was a large variety to choose from for a continential breakfast. Our family would not hesitate to book this hotel again.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Atlanta, Georgia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2013

First of all, this hotel hosts student travel groups quite often this time of year. That alone could make you want to stay elsewhere as they can make a lot of noise. I have so many issues with the staff here that I would be typing for days if I mentioned every issue. For starters, they need to be more professional when speaking on the phone as I overheard many conversations I probably shouldn't have. Often I couldn't find the lady at the desk because she was outside smoking & hanging out with the guests. She also was in several guests rooms for extended periods of time instead of at the front desk. The hotel couldn't provide towels one evening & the man at the desk couldn't transfer calls & asked people to call back & again & ask for the room number. There was a different lady at the desk when we arrived & abruptly announced "she was outta here" in the middle of our check-in which I also found rude. Overall, I think this hotel could do with some housekeeping of their own & hire an entirely new staff who is less interested in socializing in guests rooms, smoking area, parking lot & more interested in providing guests with what they need. I waited at the desk on 3 different occasions when I needed something & no one was there - once was around 5 minutes, the others I clocked at 7 minutes & 11 minutes. That is pretty ridiculous. Rooms were fine, beds comfortable, breakfast was fine & Cracker Barrel is just across the street. I did have hair in the tub which always grosses me out but it seems like that happens at nearly every property I stay in these days. The staff ruined it here & I will not return.

Room Tip: Request room away from vending & elevators to avoid noise. Ask if student groups on property &am...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Manassas, responded to this review, June 18, 2013
Dear Lem1,

Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent visit at our hotel. I am deeply sorry for the unacceptable service you have received from our staff. I assure you that this is not the norm you should expect from our hotel. The feedback we receive from our valued guests, like you, enables us to target problem areas and take the necessary actions to ensure similar situations can be avoided in the future. We appreciate the candid feedback we receive and welcome any opportunity to improve.

Janice A
Case Manager
IHGCare

Been to Holiday Inn Express & Suites Manassas? Share your experiences!