“Hotel is fine, staff is terrible” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Inn Express & Suites Manassas

You added Holiday Inn Express & Suites Manassas to your Saves list
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Manassas
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   10810 Battleview Pkwy, Manassas, VA 20109 (Formerly Country Inn & Suites Manassas)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save 10-30%
Ranked #3 of 19 Hotels in Manassas
Atlanta, Georgia
“Hotel is fine, staff is terrible”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2013

First of all, this hotel hosts student travel groups quite often this time of year. That alone could make you want to stay elsewhere as they can make a lot of noise. I have so many issues with the staff here that I would be typing for days if I mentioned every issue. For starters, they need to be more professional when speaking on the phone as I overheard many conversations I probably shouldn't have. Often I couldn't find the lady at the desk because she was outside smoking & hanging out with the guests. She also was in several guests rooms for extended periods of time instead of at the front desk. The hotel couldn't provide towels one evening & the man at the desk couldn't transfer calls & asked people to call back & again & ask for the room number. There was a different lady at the desk when we arrived & abruptly announced "she was outta here" in the middle of our check-in which I also found rude. Overall, I think this hotel could do with some housekeeping of their own & hire an entirely new staff who is less interested in socializing in guests rooms, smoking area, parking lot & more interested in providing guests with what they need. I waited at the desk on 3 different occasions when I needed something & no one was there - once was around 5 minutes, the others I clocked at 7 minutes & 11 minutes. That is pretty ridiculous. Rooms were fine, beds comfortable, breakfast was fine & Cracker Barrel is just across the street. I did have hair in the tub which always grosses me out but it seems like that happens at nearly every property I stay in these days. The staff ruined it here & I will not return.

Room Tip: Request room away from vending & elevators to avoid noise. Ask if student groups on property &am...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Manassas, responded to this review, June 18, 2013
Dear Lem1,

Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent visit at our hotel. I am deeply sorry for the unacceptable service you have received from our staff. I assure you that this is not the norm you should expect from our hotel. The feedback we receive from our valued guests, like you, enables us to target problem areas and take the necessary actions to ensure similar situations can be avoided in the future. We appreciate the candid feedback we receive and welcome any opportunity to improve.

Janice A
Case Manager
IHGCare

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Beavercreek, Ohio, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2013

Only a mile from the Manassas Battlefield and beautiful countryside. I was on a business trip and the hallways were quiet so it was easy to work in the evenings. Room was fresh and clean and the grounds around the hotel looked very nice. I will recommend this hotel to people I know going to this area.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Milton Keynes
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2013

During our 4 night stay we found the location of this hotel to be perfect for accessing the local battle site of Manassas /Bull Run, It also provided direct access to the Blue Ridge Mountains (approx 1-hr by car). Rooms were of a very good standard and the staff were very friendly. Being on a road trip we really appreciated the free hot breakfast and use of guest laundry. Ample free parking was available. Opposite the hotel was a Cracker Barrel and other reasonably priced restaurants were also nearby.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Temecula, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2013

We had a great experience with the staff. Denise was wonderful. She made sure we had everything we needed. Her customer service skills were amazing. I would definitely stay here again. The rooms were very clean and it was reasonably priced. Great location ... just a few miles from Manassas Battlefield, our destination.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2013

I am usually verb prepared when it comes to traveling, but this time I forgot a few toiletries. I went down to the front desk and asked for a toothbrush, toothpaste, and contact solution and case. Denise, (the woman helping me) gave me the toothpaste and brush, but said she didn't have the contact stuff. The next morning she had some solution and a case waiting for me as the desk. I she said it was no big deal, she had extra at home. I give great credit to her and her reflection of holiday Inn!

• Stayed May 2013
Charleston, West Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2013

We stayed here for four nights in early May with a large group from my son's school, which was in the area for a national competition. The hotel was chosen for its location between D.C. and The Plains. Not only did they offer our group a fantastic rate, but we were very pleased with the quality of this clean, comfortable and apparently fairly new hotel. We especially liked having BOTH a small fridge and microwave in the room, which came in handy for storing drinks & and making popcorn. The pool area was very large and spacious, though there seemed to be a problem keeping it stocked with towels, requiring several requests. The large complimentary breakfast was excellent and had great variety--the pancake maker was especially a hit with the kids, and it was nice to choose between scrambled eggs & boiled eggs, along with biscuits, sausage/bacon, fruit, cereals, yogurt, etc. We could not have asked for a better or more economical place to stay. If we return to the D.C. area, we definitely would consider staying at this hotel.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Dover, Delaware
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2013

enjoyed our stay at The Holiday Inn and Suites Manassas. My family and I arrived early after booking shortly before arrival. We requested an early check in as we had been up 28+ hours and were exhausted; however, they were unable to accommodate our requests. When we did come back, we were checked in quickly. Being as though the hotel was completely booked, we were issued a first floor room.We had no issues with our first floor room. The room was clean, had a living room with a queen sofa bed, and a bedroom (with a door) with two queen beds. There was also a microwave, refrigerator and sink in the hall area. I would stay at this hotel again if we are ever in the area. Cracker Barrel is directly across the street, across the higway is a couple of other restaurants. We didn't spend much time awake here, (arrived around 11pm... went to sleep until 10am; checked out at 12noon). When we went to sleep, we didn't hear anything and slept pretty comfortably with the black out curtains.This hotel is in a commercial area. We felt safe and this hotel met our needs.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family

Been to Holiday Inn Express & Suites Manassas? Share your experiences!