“Clean Hotel” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Inn Express & Suites Manassas

You added Holiday Inn Express & Suites Manassas to your Saves list
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Manassas
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   10810 Battleview Pkwy, Manassas, VA 20109 (Formerly Country Inn & Suites Manassas)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save 10-30%
Ranked #3 of 19 Hotels in Manassas
Suffolk, Virginia
“Clean Hotel”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 19, 2012

Clean, smoke free hotel located 1/2 mile from the Manassas Battlefield with easy access to Washington, D.C. Located 18 minutes from the Vienna Metro Station. Many restaurants located in close proximity (i.e., walking distance). Above average breakfast. Washing machines and dryers available for guest use. Business center and free in room WiFi. Friendly hotel staff and express checkout. Reasonably priced for the Metro Washington area.

Room Tip: All rooms are smoke free.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Cameron, North Carolina, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2012

I am a long time Holiday Inn customer. I have stayed at many properties and while this property has clean rooms, a decent breakfast and an indoor pool the customer service and the handling of issues onsite left more than a little to be desired. I stayed for 5 nights. Contacted maintenance about a faucet that the hot/cold was backwards on after I had scalded my hand, no one came to fix it or asked if I was ok. I asked for an incident report and was told “we don’t have those". I went to the front desk on a separate occasion and told them that safety latches on the bedroom window were missing (I was on the ground floor that backed up to a wooded area) and the response I got was “OH, you must be in room 115! We know, we let a prior guest remove those. There was a car accident in front of the hotel sometime Saturday night. I saw a wrecked car in the parking lot at 6:30 am while I was walking my dog. I was totally shocked to see a car that damaged in the parking lot and remember thinking How in the world did that drive that after wrecking. It turns out the wreck was into the front carport of the property. I know this because I saw all the broken glass and debri at 11:30 when I checked out. I know this because I had to walk my dog and my grandson around the front to avoid the glass as I watched cars drive thru it to be able to exit the parking lot. Now, on Sunday morning, as I’m about to leave the property I am told after 5 days that I was not suppose to have my dog on their property. The entire staff knew the dog was there and no one felt compelled to tell me this before now. I was told there was a fee if the room was left with a pet odor but that since no one told me this (there was no odor in the room) I would not be charged and now after the fact I have been charged $250.00. The GM made this decision when he was not there that morning to check the room or discuss this with me. I have tried multiple times to get in touch with the GM to no avail. I finally got them on the phone a week later. I can’t say that he was rude but he was far less than professional to speak with and once it was determined that himself and I would not see eye to eye on this he refused to give me any information to contact the owners or corporate. I can honestly say I will never stay at this or any other Holiday Inn property. I suggest you not stay at a property that puts a dollar value before guest safety and well being, and one that stonewalls you if you have a legitimate complaint or injury.

Room Tip: DONT stay in Room 115!
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Canada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2012

We stayed at the Holiday Inn Express for 3 nights as part of a wedding block reservation. The location was chosen for its proximity to the various sites selected for the wedding in Manassas. The hotel was close to the highway, shopping and restaurants.

We were greeted by friendly staff and our check-in/check-out process was very quick and simple. The concierge though forgot to give us the welcome bag that was left by the bride and groom for all of their guests. It would have been helpful to get this bag, because it included the wedding itinerary, directions to the various venues and the bride’s homemade cookies.

When we got to our floor, there was an awful smell that remained in the hallway throughout our stay. The pungent smell seemed to be a mixture of old smoke, dampness and cheap prefume, which may have been used to mask the smell. However, as soon as we stepped into our room, it was as if we were transported into another world. Miraculously, the smell vanished. Although our room was non-smoking, I thought perhaps the floor may have been a smoking floor before or perhaps it may have been the type of cleaning products the staff used. Alas, I wasn’t able to figure it out.

The room itself was spacious and clean. We reserved the double queen room, which we found to be very comfortable. The room had the usual things you would expect including a desk and a chair with an Ottoman. In addition, each bed had 4 pillows on it, two of which were labled soft and two labled firm. I really liked that touch because I had the option to choose the right one for me.

The bathroom was also spacious, clean and uncluttered. The towels were stacked away neatly on a shelf below the counter, while on top there were the usual toiletries offered by hotels. The only downside to the bathroom was that the shower head was too low for anyone who’s over 5’8”.

The hotel offered a complimentary breakfast with our room reservation and the breakfast options included bagels, biscuits, omlette stuffed with cheese and sausages. The breakfast area was not clean and overall, the hotel looked old and in need of a renovation. At times, the room walls seemed made of paper because it was noisy and we could hear loud discussions. Although, the staff were friendly and nice, due to the killer smell and the must needed renovations, I give this hotel a 2.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2012

We enjoyed a most pleasant night at this hotel. Our room was very nice and clean. We only slept here, didn't get up early enough to enjoy the breakfast. The staff was courteous and helpful. They have a handy pantry to purchase some light snacks. This hotel is right by both fast food and a restaurant that serves breakfast all day!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Manassas, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

Was in King Suite. Large and comfortable. First section has sofa coffee table, work (computer) desk, bookcase w/ TV. Next is bath, with mini fridge and microwave across a narrow hallway. Bedroom is usual motel size and has another TV.

Clean, well stocked with bath amenities and towels. Mattress OK. Away from highway (I-66) so no noise issues.

Complimentary breakfast typical for this class of lodging. Scrambled eggs were quite good. Another guest, said that he was staying another night because his kids enjoyed the indoor pool so much.

Staff very accommodating to a a late check-out and cancellation of next day's reservation.

Would stay here again.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Richmond, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2012

Let me first say that I did not actually stay at this hotel. But please read on to hear about great customer service provided by this hotel from a reservation I made here. When I made my reservation on the Holiday Inn web site, I was told that my smoking preference (non-smoking) was not guaranteed due to my late planning (day before) and that rooms would be assigned first-come, first-served basis. So, under my requested preferences I made a note saying that the room must be non-smoking.

The next day, I was called by the hotel manager saying that they may not have any non-smoking rooms available that night, but that the manager would make sure that I was taken care of. When I arrived at the hotel, they indeed did not have any non-smoking rooms left. They had arranged for me to stay at the hotel property right next door where there were non-smoking rooms available. The "other" hotel had all the same ammenities and was of comparable quality.

All this was arranged before I arrived, so the transition was easy, quick and painless upon my arrival at the Holiday Inn Express. The manager had taken the time to read my preference request and to make sure that my preferences were accommodated without any inconvenience to me. So, the next time I am in the area and in need of a hotel room, the Holiday Inn Express in Manassas will by my hotel of choice.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
Charlottesville, VA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2012

Stayed one night while we went to a Nationals game in D.C. We were able to check-in early and thanks to Jonathon, were upgraded to a King Suite instead of the standard King. Hotel was very clean and the staff were friendly. Cannot say enough good things about this hotel. Will definitely stay here again when in Manassas!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple