“Nice hotel with great staff in good location” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Weekend Savings!
Ranked #7 of 19 Hotels in Manassas
East Tennessee
“Nice hotel with great staff in good location”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2010

We were in Manasses for a family matter. The hotel is located off of exit 47 in Manassas. It is about a year old. The front desk staff personel were great! Very professional and very helpful. The rooms were very comfortable, large, clean and gave one room to move about in a true suite. We had both a one bedroom and a studio suite. Both were nice comfortable rooms. Each had a kitchen area, iron, board, etc, flat screen tv, an area to grill outside the front of the hotel with a covered sitting area and a free laundry area.
In summary, a good hotel that rivals Residence Inn but costs quite a bit less. I will now look for Candlewood first, then Residence Inn due to my very positive experience. I do highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Pinehurst, North Carolina
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2010

When we first entered the lobby, there was a STRONG smell of mildew. Smelled even when we got on the elevator. We got off on to the third floor where we were staying and didn't smell it. Our room as mediocre at best. Towels smelled like mildew. We knew we weren't going to be in the room for a long period of time, we just dealt with it. But everytime we went in and out of the lobby, the smell was GROSS. When we checked out, there was a long, black haired girl working the desk. We couldn't see her nametag because she had it pinned under her boob of her tank dress and you couldnt read it. We asked her why there was such a terrible mildew smell. She said that some people cook while they are here, like bacon and that is probably what we smell. We said, no...it's not a smell of food, it is mildew. She said, "well, we do allow pets, so maybe its the pets." Again, no....it's mildew and you have a problem here. She gave a faint smile and said unconvincely "sorry." DO not stay here. Neither are they smart or clean.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with friends
cwsmanassas, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Manassas, responded to this review, February 9, 2011
I would like to offer my most sincere apologies for your less than desirable experience at our hotel in Manassas, VA. We do appreciate your bringing this issue to our attention. I do know that an explanation does not always make up for a less than pleasant experience. I assure you that this was an isolated incident that should not have happened, and will not happen again. Unfortunately, there was a county sewage backup during that time period, but please rest assured that the situation was rectified soon after your departure and we have taken steps to assure that this cannot happen again.

We truly do hope that you give us another opportunity to show you first hand that we are the quality hotel you deserve.
Dallas, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2010

Looks like a new hotel.. staff are very very helpful and efficient..rooms are clean - workout room is satisfactory..location is easy and quiet..lots of food and shopping within 5 minutes by car..wifi never got below 48 and usually stayed at 54 Mps (I was on the 3rd floor).. kitchenette is more than adequate (could use more silverware maybe)..and you can't beat it for the price! Area is quiet - hotel is quiet.. Almost hate to recommend it, so I can get the same price next time!

• Stayed June 2010, traveled on business
Honolulu, HI
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2010

I relocated there during the week of cherry blossom festival in DC based on reviews. I was wary because the map of the location made the hotel seem isolated but the area is quite nice if you have a car. The shops, gas stations and restaurants seem right around the corner. I was able to drive to Shanendoah park on the scenic drive, visit Luray caverns, the Air &Space Museum at Dulles and shop at Potomac Mills which was a drive during our 3 day stay.

There were four of us in the rooms (seniors) and we made breakfast in the morning and grabbed free coffee on the way out.

In restropect, I should have researched the nearest metro parking facilities to possibly commute for more time visiting the Smithsonians.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled with family
Richmond, VA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2010

My company, which is based in Richmond, VA has an office in Manassas, so I stay in Manassas quite a bit. I am not much of a reviewer, but after staying at the Candlewood Suites, I was so impressed that I recommended it to all my colleagues and decided to post on Tripadvisor also. The associate who checked me in was very nice and went in to detail about the hotel. At checkin, I asked for a first floor room because I like to get to my room as quick as possible, but they did not have any available. The hotel ended up having multiple elevators and I did not ever have to wait on it, so that was no big deal.

Compared to a couple of the other hotels I have stayed in the area, this hotel beat them in a number of ways. Notable was that the free wi-fi was faster, the room was larger, and there was a large flat screen tv. The room was also super clean and smelled very fresh. Myself and many of my colleagues will be coming back to this hotel in the future.

• Stayed January 2010, traveled on business
Madison, Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2009

After a long hot day of touring Mt. Vernon, we were looking for a kick back peaceful evening. We had been away from home for a week and were ready to do some laundry as well. We were suprised to find out that the washing and drying self service machines were free to guests! (Just buy the soap and softener). The hotel is hidden down the service drive a little, so it may not be the first place to stay you see, but travel down a short way and it will be worth your while. The beds were very comfortable and the place was spotless (rooms and common areas). I don't know how long it's been there, but if you had told me it opened the day before I would not be suprised. Superbly maintained facility. Staff attitudes and efforts were first rate.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled as a couple
Gilbert, Arizona
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2009

This was our first try at an extended stay hotel. Luckily it was new and very nice. We loved the mini kitchen with full sized refrigerator, stove and dishwasher. The dishes and utensils were supplied. The only complaint was the uncomfortable recliner. Other than that we liked the concept and stayed three nights. I was surprised to learn that most people only stayed one night, not using it for its intent.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled as a couple

Been to Candlewood Suites Manassas? Share your experiences!