“Will certainly use Candlewood again....” 5 of 5 stars

Save 20%
Ranked #8 of 19 Hotels in Manassas
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Yeovil, United Kingdom
“Will certainly use Candlewood again....”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

So pleased we booked into Candlewood - will most certainly use again, room huge, everything you could wish for in a self catering apartment, fabulous team on the reception desk ......can't wait for our next trip to the states.....if there is a Candlewood where we decide to head it's where we'll be booking & staying......fantastic find...

Stayed January 2015, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Chattanooga, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2014

This was my first time to stay at a Candlewood Suites. I stayed here one night while passing through town. It was very clean. The bedding was nice. The room had a full kitchen, and there was a DVD player with the TV. I was traveling alone, but thought the DVD would be nice, if I was traveling with the kids.

There is no breakfast included, but that was fine with me, given the price. The only issue I had was that having full size refrigerator in the room adds a bit of extra noise to the room.

It was a good first experience, and I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed November 2014, traveled on business
cwsmanassas, Director of Sales at Candlewood Suites Manassas, responded to this review, November 26, 2014
Dear Covcolff,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write a review regarding your recent stay at our property. I do want to apologize for any inconvenience caused by the refrigerator noise, and I hope you will be back soon for another opportunity to provide you with excellent service. I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your first stay with us and look forward to your return!
Sterling, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2014

I truly enjoyed my 2 week stay at this hotel. I was moving houses and needed a temporary place to stay. Truly genuinely friendly staff. I had a minor issue in my room but they tried their best to correct it right away. The layout of the room is nice with the kitchen on one side and the bedroom on the other, and the facility is clean and relatively new compared to some of the other hotels in the area.

• Stayed September 2014, traveled solo
cwsmanassas, Director of Sales at Candlewood Suites Manassas, responded to this review, October 31, 2014
Dear Jerri R,

I am so pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay. I will definitely pass on your compliments to our staff, as we strive to provide excellent guest service for our guests' "home away from home". Should you ever have a need again, I do hope we will see you back at the hotel!
Washington DC, District of Columbia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2014

This hotel was a great find. The folks at the desk were curteous and helpful. The rate was very reasonable too compared to some of the other hotels in the area, so it was a terrific value. I am an environmental nut so I liked that they provided glass plates and glasses in the room instead of paper/plastic. On the same note I wish they had a recycling bin in the room but I have only been to 1 other hotel where I have seen this. The room/bathroom was clean and comfy... Overall great stay.

• Stayed September 2014, traveled solo
cwsmanassas, Director of Sales at Candlewood Suites Manassas, responded to this review, October 15, 2014
Henry G,

Thank you for staying with us and taking the time to write a review. It is our goal to always provide excellent accommodations and guest service, and I am glad that you enjoyed your stay. I am looking forward to your next visit to Manassas and hope to see you again soon!
Concord, New Hampshire, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2014

I am in the area for a conference in Washington, DC and in order to save money I opted to rent a car and stay outside the city. I had initially planned to stay a little closer, but decided to venture to Manassas. I arrived six hours before check-in, and the front desk clerk made every effort to get me checked in early even though the hotel was at 100% capacity the night before. I did check in 2 hours early, and I was even given an apology for not being accommodated sooner! The room was spotlessly clean, and even though they were at almost full capacity during my stay (walking down the hallway on my floor I could hear music, TVs and talking in various rooms) once I was in my room it was completely quiet. I stayed 4 nights and I'm a light sleeper, it's a first that I've stayed in a hotel and wasn't woken by noise from other rooms. I've stayed at really expensive hotels in DC... they charge for $40 a night for parking and up to $16 a day for internet, and they put a hold on your credit card up to $50 a night for "incidentals". Candlewood really suited my needs - free parking, free internet and only a 10% hold for my whole stay. Plus the full kitchen saved me LOTS - I was able to cook my own meals. The only drawback (and not the hotel's fault) is the really nasty traffic on Route 66 into DC. But for the savings in hotel rates and the ability to cook my own meals, it's well worth it. Supermarkets are plentiful and nearby. Candlewood Suites is my go-to now for my business travel.

Room Tip: Bring a small fan, the windows don't open. A bit stuffy.
  • Stayed September 2014, traveled on business
cwsmanassas, Director of Sales at Candlewood Suites Manassas, responded to this review, September 29, 2014
Dear Johanna S,

Thank you for your kind words and taking the time to write a review. We strive to provide an excellent experience from providing great guest service to making you feel like this is your "home away from home" while travelling on business. I will pass on your compliments to our staff and we look forward to your next visit!
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2014

I really enjoyed my stay here. Staff was friendly and accommodating and the room was very clean. They convinced me to sign up for their rewards program, and I found out this is the same company as Holiday Inns, which is nice because they are everywhere. I wish I had signed up before as I have stayed at Holiday Inns a lot. The main difference with this hotel compared to holiday inn is that they have kitchens in the rooms which is nice if you are staying a bit longer.

Room Tip: 5th floor appears to be smoking floor as my friend who smokes was up there. I stayed on 2nd floor a...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
cwsmanassas, Director of Sales at Candlewood Suites Manassas, responded to this review, September 23, 2014
Sarah G,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review regarding your recent stay! I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us, and I will pass along your compliments to our staff! Also, congratulations on signing up for our rewards program, we look forward to having you back again soon!
Washington DC, District of Columbia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2014

i came there for my bday and it was really closet to the venue "jeffy lube live" where i was going, the room was very clean and the staff was friendly, took them forever to try to locate my reward number so i had to go through my email to pull and up and the fd staff took my phone and logged my rewards points in but somehow i still near got points for my stay :( , the only thing that threw me off was when i walked into the room the lamp shade was broken ( it looked very bad they should have fixed it before placing a guest there! But i would stay there again

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with friends
cwsmanassas, Director of Sales at Candlewood Suites Manassas, responded to this review, September 13, 2014
MrsGill04,

Thank you for taking the time to complete a review of your stay at our property. I am glad to hear that you were happy with the quality of service provided by the front desk. We pride ourselves on providing great service and a wonderful stay. I am genuinely sorry to hear about the inconveniences faced during your stay in regards to pulling up your IHG Rewards number and the broken lampshade in your room. We will be meeting with the front desk, housekeeping and maintenance to avoid these issues going forward. We look forward to having you back at Candlewood again soon and providing you with a better experience!

Been to Candlewood Suites Manassas? Share your experiences!