“Quiet and accommodating... love this place!” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Weekend Savings!
Ranked #8 of 19 Hotels in Manassas
Concord, New Hampshire, United States
“Quiet and accommodating... love this place!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

I am in the area for a conference in Washington, DC and in order to save money I opted to rent a car and stay outside the city. I had initially planned to stay a little closer, but decided to venture to Manassas. I arrived six hours before check-in, and the front desk clerk made every effort to get me checked in early even though the hotel was at 100% capacity the night before. I did check in 2 hours early, and I was even given an apology for not being accommodated sooner! The room was spotlessly clean, and even though they were at almost full capacity during my stay (walking down the hallway on my floor I could hear music, TVs and talking in various rooms) once I was in my room it was completely quiet. I stayed 4 nights and I'm a light sleeper, it's a first that I've stayed in a hotel and wasn't woken by noise from other rooms. I've stayed at really expensive hotels in DC... they charge for $40 a night for parking and up to $16 a day for internet, and they put a hold on your credit card up to $50 a night for "incidentals". Candlewood really suited my needs - free parking, free internet and only a 10% hold for my whole stay. Plus the full kitchen saved me LOTS - I was able to cook my own meals. The only drawback (and not the hotel's fault) is the really nasty traffic on Route 66 into DC. But for the savings in hotel rates and the ability to cook my own meals, it's well worth it. Supermarkets are plentiful and nearby. Candlewood Suites is my go-to now for my business travel.

Room Tip: Bring a small fan, the windows don't open. A bit stuffy.
  • Stayed September 2014, traveled on business
cwsmanassas, Director of Sales at Candlewood Suites Manassas, responded to this review, 3 days ago
Dear Johanna S,

Thank you for your kind words and taking the time to write a review. We strive to provide an excellent experience from providing great guest service to making you feel like this is your "home away from home" while travelling on business. I will pass on your compliments to our staff and we look forward to your next visit!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

I really enjoyed my stay here. Staff was friendly and accommodating and the room was very clean. They convinced me to sign up for their rewards program, and I found out this is the same company as Holiday Inns, which is nice because they are everywhere. I wish I had signed up before as I have stayed at Holiday Inns a lot. The main difference with this hotel compared to holiday inn is that they have kitchens in the rooms which is nice if you are staying a bit longer.

Room Tip: 5th floor appears to be smoking floor as my friend who smokes was up there. I stayed on 2nd floor a...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
cwsmanassas, Director of Sales at Candlewood Suites Manassas, responded to this review, 1 week ago
Sarah G,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review regarding your recent stay! I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us, and I will pass along your compliments to our staff! Also, congratulations on signing up for our rewards program, we look forward to having you back again soon!
Washington DC, District of Columbia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

i came there for my bday and it was really closet to the venue "jeffy lube live" where i was going, the room was very clean and the staff was friendly, took them forever to try to locate my reward number so i had to go through my email to pull and up and the fd staff took my phone and logged my rewards points in but somehow i still near got points for my stay :( , the only thing that threw me off was when i walked into the room the lamp shade was broken ( it looked very bad they should have fixed it before placing a guest there! But i would stay there again

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with friends
cwsmanassas, Director of Sales at Candlewood Suites Manassas, responded to this review, 2 weeks ago
MrsGill04,

Thank you for taking the time to complete a review of your stay at our property. I am glad to hear that you were happy with the quality of service provided by the front desk. We pride ourselves on providing great service and a wonderful stay. I am genuinely sorry to hear about the inconveniences faced during your stay in regards to pulling up your IHG Rewards number and the broken lampshade in your room. We will be meeting with the front desk, housekeeping and maintenance to avoid these issues going forward. We look forward to having you back at Candlewood again soon and providing you with a better experience!
Fairfax, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

I did not want to drive all the way home late at night after a Jimmy Buffett concert at Jiffy Lube Live so needed a hotel close by. This hotel is close to the concert venue and I was very happy with my stay. The staff was friendly and the rooms were very clean. I did not use the kitchen since I was just there for a quick overnight stay. Internet speed was good. Overall, I can't say anything negative about this place.

Room Tip: My room was quiet on the first floor, but this hotel is a little set back from the main road so I wo...
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled with friends
cwsmanassas, Director of Sales at Candlewood Suites Manassas, responded to this review, 3 weeks ago
Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay here at Candlewood Suites Manassas. Being the closest hotel to Jiffy Lube Live, we love having the opportunity to have concert goers stay with us and look forward to hearing from our guests. I am so pleased that you had a wonderful stay and we look forward to having you here again soon!
Bel Air, Maryland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I booked Candlewood Suites solely because of its close proximity to the Jiffy Lube Pavilion. Stayed here two nights including the night of the concert we were attending. Its location is very convenient to the concert venue and for that reason alone I would recommend staying here if you are attending an event at Jiffy Lube. We were upgraded upon check-in, a nice touch. However, there is no pool or hot tub which is a nice feature at many hotels. Also, though the room was a non-smoking room, my wife and I notice the odor of cigarettes as soon as we opened the door to our room. The rooms furnishings were dated, but relatively clean. The AC was temperamental and difficult to adjust to a comfortable temperature.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
cwsmanassas, Director of Sales at Candlewood Suites Manassas, responded to this review, 4 weeks ago
We value all guest comments and suggestions and we thank you for taking the time to fill out a review. We do take guest satisfaction and customer service seriously and I am genuinely sorry to hear about the odor in the room. It is being looked into and taken care of by our front desk and housekeeping staff. It is unfortunate that we did not make a good impression on you during your recent stay, though I hope you will come visit again the next time you are in the area to try us again.
Graham, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2014

This is our first time staying at a Candlewood Suites property. It is pet friendly and has a full kitchen, These properties have only Queen size beds--no Kings. We stayed in the one bedroom suite while in Manassas on business. I was surprised to learn that the traditional free breakfast is not offered. The rate was great and the staff was pleasant and professional. There was a problem with the rewards night I booked that bookended the paid room. The fault was mine. I overlooked the room description that I booked with the rewards stay. We were in a one bedroom suite and the reward night was for a studio suite. The front desk solved the issue with grace and professionalism. I did not want to move rooms for just one night. They allowed me to stay in the one bedroom suite. Had the hotel been full, however, I'm certain we would have had to move rooms.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
cwsmanassas, Director of Sales at Candlewood Suites Manassas, responded to this review, August 25, 2014
Dear Zoomaster,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review and for staying with us. Also, thank you for the positive feedback regarding our staff and the handling of your rewards night reservation. We do our best to upgrade our Rewards members whenever possible and to make them feel right at home. I hope you will come back to stay with us again soon, and we look forward to having you back!
Washington DC, District of Columbia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2014 via mobile

We stayed at this hotel last night for a concert at Jiffy Lube Live. The 2 biggest problems I had were 1) the room smelled of musty cigarette. It wasn't terrible, but definitely noticeable. 2) I booked 2 queens and the beds were clearly just doubles. I liked their store with the honor system. That was nice. Also, having a kitchenette was great. I just wish the room hadn't smelled bad and had been as advertised. Still great for the cost. I might stay there again in the future, but I'd probably try the Marriott up the road first.

• Stayed August 2014
cwsmanassas, Director of Sales at Candlewood Suites Manassas, responded to this review, August 19, 2014
Dear Kaili D,

We value all guest comments and suggestions and we thank you for letting us know that you were less than satisfied during your stay. We do take guest satisfaction and customer service very seriously and I am sorry to hear about the unpleasant odor in your room. It is being looked into and taken care of by our staff. It is unfortunate that we did not make a good impression on you during your recent stay, though I hope you will come visit again the next time you are in the area. Again, we thank you for writing us a review and we hope you’ll give us another chance to be of service to you.

Been to Candlewood Suites Manassas? Share your experiences!