“Smelly room” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #6 of 19 Hotels in Manassas
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Smelly room”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2014

We stayed at this hotel last night for a concert at Jiffy Lube Live. The 2 biggest problems I had were 1) the room smelled of musty cigarette. It wasn't terrible, but definitely noticeable. 2) I booked 2 queens and the beds were clearly just doubles. I liked their store with the honor system. That was nice. Also, having a kitchenette was great. I just wish the room hadn't smelled bad and had been as advertised. Still great for the cost. I might stay there again in the future, but I'd probably try the Marriott up the road first.

• Stayed August 2014
cwsmanassas, Director of Sales at Candlewood Suites Manassas, responded to this review, August 19, 2014
Dear Kaili D,

We value all guest comments and suggestions and we thank you for letting us know that you were less than satisfied during your stay. We do take guest satisfaction and customer service very seriously and I am sorry to hear about the unpleasant odor in your room. It is being looked into and taken care of by our staff. It is unfortunate that we did not make a good impression on you during your recent stay, though I hope you will come visit again the next time you are in the area. Again, we thank you for writing us a review and we hope you’ll give us another chance to be of service to you.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Washington DC, District of Columbia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2014

We stayed at this hotel while visiting some wineries in the area. We were very pleased with the accomodations. The room was simple, clean and fresh looking. The room was very functional with a recliner and also a kitchen near the entrance to the room. The folks at the front desk were very pleasant as well.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
cwsmanassas, Director of Sales at Candlewood Suites Manassas, responded to this review, August 12, 2014
Dear Barry,
Thank you for staying with us and taking the time to write a review. It is our goal to always provide excellent accommodations and service, and I am glad that you enjoyed your stay. We look forward to your next visit to Manassas and hope to see you again soon!
Olive Branch, Mississippi
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2014

I stayed with my family here for 3 days while visiting family and we were very pleased with our stay. We visited DC twice and although distance wise it is not so bad there can be a bit of traffic if you leave before 9am. The second day we left the hotel at 10am and we were in DC in no time. The facility itself is very clean and you could see that they care about the condition of the property. With the family, the kitchen was a plus to store and reheat leftovers we had. Next time we are back in town, this will be our first choice for a hotel in Manassas.

Room Tip: We had a 1 bedroom suite which was an exceptionally large room. My husband and I had a separate bed...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Thank you for your kind words about our property. We take great pride in our hotel and in providing exceptional service to our guests. I am glad to hear you enjoyed the kitchenette! We look forward to seeing you and your family on your next visit to Manassas!
Fredericksburg, Virginia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2014

We stayed here for a show at Jiffy Lube Live. I reserved the room a couple months in advance and called a week ahead of check in to confirm my reservation due to the fact I reserved through a travel site. When calling to confirm my reservation I specifically asked for the check in time and was promptly told 1pm. Upon arrival we were greeted by a rude manager on duty who quickly explained how busy the hotel was that day and that check in was not until 3pm. I was cutoff mid sentence throughout the conversation when trying to explain that I had called ahead of time to confirm check in times. Not to mention the manager was also on a separate phone call at the time and interjected in my conversation with the associate working the front desk to tell me check in was not until 3pm. Luckily the associate working the front desk was able to accommodate our "early" arrival and we went to our room. Overall the hotel is clean and the room was comfortable enough for the night. The only other complaint I have is the air conditioning is on a sensor which is located out of site of the bed. Therefore the temperature of the room wasn't comfortable while sleeping. I would not stay here again simply because of the service I received from what is supposed to be a manager on duty upon arrival.

• Stayed July 2014
cwsmanassas, Manager at Candlewood Suites Manassas, responded to this review, July 29, 2014
Dear starlillie90,

We value all guest comments and suggestions and we thank you for letting us know that you were less than satisfied during your stay. As a General Manager at this hotel, I take customer service very seriously and try to keep all our guests as comfortable and happy as possible at our hotel. It is unfortunate that we did not make a good impression on you and we want to change your mind about our hotel.After going through your comments we had a meeting with our staff and have addressed this issue in detail. I do apologize for all the inconvenience this caused. Again, we thank you for writing us a review and we hope you’ll give us another chance to be of service to you.
Essex, Maryland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2014

My husband and I spent one night since we were going to a concert at the nearby Jiffy Lube Live. It was only 3 miles away so it was a great location. The room was adequate however it could have used a luggage rack. It also had a bit of a foul smell which I believe the hotel knew about since there was a deodorizer plugged in. However, it was not bad enough for us to aski for a new room. We did like having the kitchen as we used the downstairs pantry to purchase items. I have posted a few pics of some of the items, which were reasonably priced. You are on the honor system to write down what you bought. They also have a Lending Locker for games and kitchen items, although we did not have a need for them. I posted a pic of the locker as well. Overall, we were happy and would return.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
cwsmanassas, Manager at Candlewood Suites Manassas, responded to this review, July 22, 2014
Dear Theresa,

Thank you for sharing your thoughts about your recent stay at our hotel. We do appreciate your feedback and are glad that you did enjoy your stay at the hotel. We are the closet hotel to Jiffy Lube and are a perfect fit for concert night stays. As a team, we do try to make this place as comfortable as possible for our guests. We have listened to your comments and have passed on luggage rack request to upper management for review. We look forward to seeing you again in near future. Again thanks for staying at our hotel.
Washington, DC
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2014

We stayed here for a concert at Jiffy Lube Live. The experience exceeded expectations. The sheets and towels are of good quality. The room is spacious. Although the decor is not particularly modern or fashionable, it is functional and the room is clean. The shower had much better water pressure than some of the more expensive hotels.

The staff could not have been more gracious and helpful. We asked to move from a 1st floor room - no problem - we were moved to the 4th floor. The hair dryer didn't work - no problem - a gentleman from maintenance was at the room in five minutes and replaced the dryer.

One suggestion would be to figure out a way to have two night tables rather than one.

Dear DCaprilee,

Thank you for staying at Candlewood Manassas and providing us with your valuable comments. We enjoyed being of service to you and we are delighted that we were able to give you the best value for you money.We have noted and escalated your suggestion about two night stands in the room. We are happy that you had a wonderful stay with us. Hope to see you again soon.
Hoboken, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2014

I stayed here for 3 nights and was very happy that I chose this hotel. The staff was very pleasant and the quality of the rooms were great. This was the first hotel I have stayed where it seems that the rooms looked better than the pictures. I stayed at one Candlewood Suites before and the bedding and carpet there seemed tired and worn. Here that was not the case and both the bedding and carpet all seemed very new and contemporary. It was nice to see that management was willing to spend money to keep the property up to date. This is a great choice for a hotel in Manassas.

Room Tip: I booked a one bedroom suite and the room was perfect. It was very large with a separate living are...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Dear James,

Thank you for writing a wonderful review about your experience with us. As a team, we work together to ensure each and every guest feels special and well taken cared of. Glad to hear we have accomplished that during your stay. Besides the amenities you have already mentioned, please keep in mind that we also offer free use of the grills in our gazebo area as well as a free lending library with a wide selection of DVDs, CDs and Books. We are looking forward to your next visit with us, thank you for choosing Candlewood Suites Manassas!

Been to Candlewood Suites Manassas? Share your experiences!