“Best hotel in Manassas” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #6 of 19 hotels in Manassas
Charlotte, North Carolina
“Best hotel in Manassas”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2012

I had a chance to stay here a few times over the last year and I must say this is the best looking and best run hotel in this area. I love the kitchens, the proximity to our local offroads he property is so quite and extremely relaxing. Plus the staff is amazing! They are always smiling and willing to help in any way! I used to stay at the other properties but sice discovering this hidden gem, I can't fathom staying any place else!

Room Tip: Any room is great as you get zero ambient notice from the the local road or the local interstate. Gr...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled on business

67 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2012

My husband and I have relocated from Tx to Va to be near family in Manassas. We needed an extended stay hotel and my son in law told us about this absolutely fabulous hotel!!! We have been here for over 2 months and have received the greatest service and smiles from all the staff.

It is a totally accessible hotel for those with physical challenges. If help is needed all one has to do is ask.

The rooms are very large and scrupulously clean with once a week housekeeping service on your time schedule. There are full kitchens with dishwasher, pots and pans, dishes, fresh linens every day if you want them. Flat screen tv w/ dvd player, office desk, lounge chair, individual heating/ac controls etc.
The beds are super comfy, the laundromat is free, there is a mini convenience store called The Candlewood Cupboard if you need a meal, toothbrush, coffee etc., a fitness center and free usa today newspapers. I could go on and on.
If you want a really nice, bright, clean, quiet, safe and friendly hotel in Manassas, Va then this is the only place for you!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Waldorf, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2012

Went there for concert, stayed at one of the suites and totally loved it! Rooms are very nice and clean. Girls at the desk rock, room was comfy, close to Jiffy Lube Live, couldn`t really ask for more for the price I payed!

Room Tip: Suites are really nice!
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
Hanover, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2012

We had tickets for the postponed Aerosmith Concert, this guys let us move our reservation from the original date (7-3) and cook care of us when we can in last weekend, we ended up staying all weekend and went to the linkin park concert too! Great staff, rooms were large and you can't beat the location(2 miles from Jiffy lube). We will be back for Jimmy Buffet in Setember and we can wait! Thanks Candlewood, my friends and I will always stay here!

Room Tip: Closet hotel imaginable to Jiffy Lube Live
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
Richmond, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2012

The best place iN Manasas...the staff really did a great job of making us feel like family...Meticulously clean..The staff work very hard and were very accomodating for any need..I would not have spent the money if it were nto for the friendly staff who made us feel at home

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
Manassas, Virginia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2012

I've read the reviews for this hotel and can't believe they're talking about the same place...

I'm sitting in a room in this hotel right now (proof for the hotel management: code is man1600 this week), and it's 'average' to 'less than average' overall. I am here for an extended time with a large group >30, and I'm not speaking just for myself. The biggest complaint is that the rooms are musty and have a smell of mildew (which I read an earlier complaint with the management gave it sure is that the problem was taken care of but obviously it has not been). Another thing is that the hotel rooms have motion sensors above the room doors that control the air conditioners. That means anytime that you're not moving in your room in the air conditioner does not come on. I can understand the hotel wants to save money but it is saved at our expense.

One of the things that bothered everyone was that the hotel roped off all the handicap access parking. The front desk said that it was to keep the vehicles from being damaged during roof repair the next day, but this forced at least 3 families with members in wheelchairs and special needs to have to park in the church parking lot next door. The front desk offered nothing more than a "nope, sorry" when asked if there were any accommodations made to replace the handicap access that was taken away.

If given a choice I would stay somewhere else, but you'll live if you have to stay here...there's just much better out there.

The last comment I have, is that I would be wary of the replies from management of the hotel on the site or others because it seems they write what they want the public to read but not with the actual truth is. I remember reading a comment about someone complaining of the mildew smell and the management replied that the problem had been taken care of, but I can assure you that that is not the case as of august 2012.

Room Tip: First floor would've been nice
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Candlewood Suites Manassas, responded to this review, August 30, 2012
Dear B B,

Thank you for taking the time to convey your comments regarding your recent experience with us. Please allow me to apologize for the inconvenience and negative impression you may have had because of the condition of the rooms and some unavailable facilities during your stay. Thank you for alerting us and bringing these unsatisfactory circumstances to our attention. The feedback we receive from our valued guests, like you, enables us to target problem areas and take the necessary actions to ensure similar situations can be avoided in the future. We appreciate the candid feedback we receive and welcome any opportunity to improve.

Karen G.
Case Manager
IHGCare
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2012

For the price, you can't beat it. Stayed here as to not have to drive to a concert at the Jiffy Lube Live center. Hotel room was nice, clean, and new feeling. TV had a dvd played. Room had a big fridge, sink, glasses and mugs and everything you need, sink, nice big bathroom, area to sit with recliner chair. Front desk was helpful in getting us a cab and stuff, good for the price for sure. Would stay there again.

Room Tip: I got the double full bed, seemed nice. Asked for a rollaway while booking but did not receive one(i...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends

Been to Candlewood Suites Manassas? Share your experiences!