“Love this place” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #7 of 19 Hotels in Manassas
Hanover, Maryland
“Love this place”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2012

We had tickets for the postponed Aerosmith Concert, this guys let us move our reservation from the original date (7-3) and cook care of us when we can in last weekend, we ended up staying all weekend and went to the linkin park concert too! Great staff, rooms were large and you can't beat the location(2 miles from Jiffy lube). We will be back for Jimmy Buffet in Setember and we can wait! Thanks Candlewood, my friends and I will always stay here!

Room Tip: Closet hotel imaginable to Jiffy Lube Live
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Richmond, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2012

The best place iN Manasas...the staff really did a great job of making us feel like family...Meticulously clean..The staff work very hard and were very accomodating for any need..I would not have spent the money if it were nto for the friendly staff who made us feel at home

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
Manassas, Virginia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2012

I've read the reviews for this hotel and can't believe they're talking about the same place...

I'm sitting in a room in this hotel right now (proof for the hotel management: code is man1600 this week), and it's 'average' to 'less than average' overall. I am here for an extended time with a large group >30, and I'm not speaking just for myself. The biggest complaint is that the rooms are musty and have a smell of mildew (which I read an earlier complaint with the management gave it sure is that the problem was taken care of but obviously it has not been). Another thing is that the hotel rooms have motion sensors above the room doors that control the air conditioners. That means anytime that you're not moving in your room in the air conditioner does not come on. I can understand the hotel wants to save money but it is saved at our expense.

One of the things that bothered everyone was that the hotel roped off all the handicap access parking. The front desk said that it was to keep the vehicles from being damaged during roof repair the next day, but this forced at least 3 families with members in wheelchairs and special needs to have to park in the church parking lot next door. The front desk offered nothing more than a "nope, sorry" when asked if there were any accommodations made to replace the handicap access that was taken away.

If given a choice I would stay somewhere else, but you'll live if you have to stay here...there's just much better out there.

The last comment I have, is that I would be wary of the replies from management of the hotel on the site or others because it seems they write what they want the public to read but not with the actual truth is. I remember reading a comment about someone complaining of the mildew smell and the management replied that the problem had been taken care of, but I can assure you that that is not the case as of august 2012.

Room Tip: First floor would've been nice
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Candlewood Suites Manassas, responded to this review, August 30, 2012
Dear B B,

Thank you for taking the time to convey your comments regarding your recent experience with us. Please allow me to apologize for the inconvenience and negative impression you may have had because of the condition of the rooms and some unavailable facilities during your stay. Thank you for alerting us and bringing these unsatisfactory circumstances to our attention. The feedback we receive from our valued guests, like you, enables us to target problem areas and take the necessary actions to ensure similar situations can be avoided in the future. We appreciate the candid feedback we receive and welcome any opportunity to improve.

Karen G.
Case Manager
IHGCare
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2012

For the price, you can't beat it. Stayed here as to not have to drive to a concert at the Jiffy Lube Live center. Hotel room was nice, clean, and new feeling. TV had a dvd played. Room had a big fridge, sink, glasses and mugs and everything you need, sink, nice big bathroom, area to sit with recliner chair. Front desk was helpful in getting us a cab and stuff, good for the price for sure. Would stay there again.

Room Tip: I got the double full bed, seemed nice. Asked for a rollaway while booking but did not receive one(i...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
Dallas, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2012

I have stayed at this property almost exclusively over the last 2 years. The staff is amazing, hotel is fresh and conveniently located to everything. My staff and I love it! It has a great layout for weekly stay or longer, plus an excellent Virginia locale. Cudos to Brandi, Taj, Amanda and the staff!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
Washington, Michigan
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2012

This hotel is on Balls Ford Road, just off Route 234 through Manassas. Close to lots of restaurants, and easy access to Interstate 66.

Called IHG to book a Holiday Inn - using Platinum Member Points.
IHG booked us in the Candlewood Suites, part of the IHG Group.

This Candlewood Suites hotel is an average hotel, not up to par with full and express Holiday Inn hotels.

Good - this is a Pet-Friendly Hotel, charges reasonable pet fee.

Bad - The Hotel Manager was unable to book us for a second night stay - said they were full, and apologized. But good thing we did not stay the second night. My wife complained of bed-bug bites on her arm. So - no more stays at this one.

Room Tip: Check your room before you decide to stay, and make your decision from there.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Candlewood Suites Manassas, responded to this review, June 15, 2012
Dear FSmithSE,

Thank you for bringing this to our attention. We take comments such as these very serious and would like to follow up with you. We have sent you a private message in effort to obtain more information.

I look forward to hearing back from you very soon.

Jaime W
Case Manager
IHGCare
Clinton
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2012

My family and I attended my uncles funeral last month. Origanally we had reserved 4 rooms at another local Holiday inn but when got there they had us all our rooms completely seperated all over the hotel. They did not look busy as their parking lot was empty at about 7pm but we were told there was no way they could place us on the same floor or near an elevator as my mother has trouble getting around. The rooms were ok but did not "wow" us either. Frustrated, I went back down and asked if they could send us someplace that would take better care of us, and they sent us to Candlewood.
You took us in, made us feel welcome. The desk girl Brandy was fantastic! She moved some things around and got us all together on the first floor and my mom was thrilled. The rooms are large and had everything you could possibly want in them. The staff was friendly and so very helpful, you could tell that they cared and that they knew this was important to all of us. They had games for the kids, movies to pass the time, spot on directions to all the local stuff. We ended up staying 3 extra nights with them and I even sent other family that needed rooms to the hotel. Everyone loved it.

To top it off, as we met in the lobby for our "Goodbyes" the managers came out and hugged my mom and gave us a simpathies card signed by all the employees. Thank you for making the difficult days a little easier, words can't express how much that ment. From now on, my family stays in Candlewoods all the way!!!

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family

Been to Candlewood Suites Manassas? Share your experiences!